And that ladies and gentlemen are the top 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Baring serious injuries.
It's them and daylight 4th.

Storm were ordinary in the second half but showed what they were capable off in the first.
Mini Me aka Souths aka Storm 2.0 toyed with the Dogs. The major problem for most sides is this forward pack is mobile.
Which leaves us, Manly big game experience all over the paddock our problem is we played poorly and still won 26 - nil.

The Premiers will come from one of these three

Write off the cows at your own peril. Thurston seems hungry this year but I don't really know if they have the outside backs to back him up. Bowen has been great but...warriors could click and raiders with Campese but I think it will be out of dogs rabbits drizzle. We are not up there. With only three wins out of four and twice against sides that were so off on the day/night they couldn't put a point on we shouldn't be spoken of in the same breath as the dogs rabbits or storm. Our depleted front row stocks are a worry. As are our inexperienced halves. We just don't get the media coverage o quality teams on the up and up like the dogs and the bunnies. Maybe after a couple of rebuilding years with this team we have we will give it a shake.

Top End Eagle said:
Write off the cows at your own peril. Thurston seems hungry this year but I don't really know if they have the outside backs to back him up. Bowen has been great but...warriors could click and raiders with Campese but I think it will be out of dogs rabbits drizzle. We are not up there. With only three wins out of four and twice against sides that were so off on the day/night they couldn't put a point on we shouldn't be spoken of in the same breath as the dogs rabbits or storm. Our depleted front row stocks are a worry. As are our inexperienced halves. We just don't get the media coverage o quality teams on the up and up like the dogs and the bunnies. Maybe after a couple of rebuilding years with this team we have we will give it a shake.

10/10

This is how you troll guys, none of that Twitter ****.

Top End Eagle said:

Nice try TEE

Just in case he's serious -
Cowboys are showing what happens when you invest a quarter of the TEAMS salary cap in basically one player.
Raiders are imploding the longer the Furner's are stinking up the place the more talented players will leave -
I guarantee Croker will go this year, Thompson, Fensom and Ferguson will be later.
As far as the Dogs by the time they get a full strength side fit and firing on the paddock the season it'll be almost over

Sorry couldn't help myself. We are definitely still under the radar. I can't work out how but man it is good. Have held two teams to nil and let in only four tries in four games. . More depth than loch ness but the media are so lazy now days that they don't even look at our roster before saying we will be tested after the loss of forwards like lussick Harrison and the TREx. Gift still to come back. It's good to be a manly fan. And it's even better we are not being talked about.

Souths and Storm are clearly ahead at this stage.Dogs will be there.Their draw gets a lot easier after next week and their players are returning.To dismiss them is simply tomfoolery.We are the only other serious contenders.

On of the other great advantages Storm have over everyone is that as long as they run top 2 they never leave Melbourne until the GF.Beating them in a semi down there is a bridge too far for most sides(except for the warriors funnily enough).

Don't forget the Dragons TEE. Soward and Creagh look like they are about to hit the form that made them the lynchpins of the NSW Origin team.

Souths are dangerous but are probably being over hyped a touch at the moment, their win over the Sharks was very ordinary 2nd half, much like us the other night 1st half, and they gave up 32 at Penrith

The thing that held them back last season was not stringing 80mins together and not convinced they have overcome that hurdle yet, mind you we are right beside them jumping that one

Top End Eagle said:
. If I didn't know better , I could see this as a Kent or Foolfield exclusive ....

As much as I hate to say it as well, the Chooks are a bit of a wildcard in this comp as they gel a bit more over the season. If they can make the 8, on their day they could tip somebody up

Agree kiwi.They are the only smokies.I am sick to death hearing about the cowboys.Their semi final record is an absolute joke and makes a joke of Matt Johns call that JT eclipses his brother.Jt is a wonderful player but doesn't get the job done at the pointy end despite having a better side on paper than Joey got home twice.

I agree with susan. The bulldogs will be there and are a genuine threat. They could not have had a tougher draw to start the year. Like last year, I can see them stringing a few wins together..starting after next week. ;)

susan said:
Agree kiwi.They are the only smokies.I am sick to death hearing about the cowboys.Their semi final record is an absolute joke and makes a joke of Matt Johns call that JT eclipses his brother.Jt is a wonderful player but doesn't get the job done at the pointy end despite having a better side on paper than Joey got home twice.

There won't be another Joey, what he could do was amazing. Remember that year he was out injured and Knights lost 15 straight or something like that, he returned and they won 9/10, absolute freak

The emergence of Tamou has people talking them up even more this season, they should be up there but until they learn how to win in Sydney consistently they will battle

I really like souths. They are probably the best team in the comp carrying the ball out of their own quarter. They don't do a lot with the ball in hand but have inglis' running game and Reynolds has probably the best short kicking game since joey. He is pin point.

Melbourne still look good but Brisbane who aren't a great attacking side really exposed their right hand side last night I think 4 tries were scored down it. Good teams like us and souths will look to do the same.

Let's see how our form stacks up over the next 6 weeks. We haven't played any genuine premiership contenders yet IMO. In fact we lost to a side a lot of pundits were tipping for the spoon.

WE have Dogs, Sharks, Souths, Dragons, Roosters and Storm coming up. 3 of those sides are genuine premiership contenders and the other two are likely top 8 sides.

If I was beating this is who I would be putting money on right now, in this order.

Storm
Dogs
Eagles
Rabbits
Roosters (outsiders)

Whilst I have the storm first I have a feeling the dogs will come good and take it out.

Have to agree with the general consensus here and would add the tits to the top 8 mix, dont have enough to go all the way but they will win more than they lose with their defence.

Brisbane showed in the second half that the Drizzle are beatable if you muscle up in the forwards. The Bonco forwards, which we handled with relative ease, were far better than their opponents. The difference was in the backs, where Melbourne are (and I hate to say it) outstanding.
I think teams with strong and committed forwards, such as Souffs, Tits, Sharks and us, can rattle the Drizzle. I keep remembering the Battle of Brookie when we smashed them in the forwards. The difficult thing is keeping players on the field when you are trying to bash your opponents.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6