And now for the GF rematch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
Its a little sad that we probably won't be at full strength, Fozzie should be back but Tafua / Stewart and probably T-Red still out.

I don't know the Roosters situation as to who they have in and out but understand Maria is still on suspension.

Unlike last week where I thought Manly would struggle against the Eels (and they did), I actually think they will be really up for this game....but conversely the Roosters probably will be also, so could be a cracker of a game.

Our team has a few reasons to lift, whilst not in any way disgraced on Grand Final Day last year, they did lead at one point and were pegged back and yes I understand the decisions went against us but nevertheless the players do have a point to prove.

I'd expect players such as Wolfman and Justin Horo that didn't have the happiest of days last year will lift, everyone has been death riding Wolfie these last few weeks so this will indeed be a challenge but one I am hoping he'll accept.

We seem to be having really tight games so far and I see Friday night as not being any different.

Manly by 2
Valid things you've noted mark, but in my opinion, players who are in and out of the teams is almost irrelevant. Who the referee is for the game, as well as their state of mind about the two teams playing, will be the deciding factor.

I know this a bit off topic,but just watching the pre match footy show from Melb,and Andy raymond doing his report on the game,and he had to stars from Fat tony there,and when Andy was halfway through his report,Simon Westaway butted in and said,you know what I reckon,Go Manly,what a nice touch,good on you Simon

master blaster said:
..he had to stars from Fat tony there,and when Andy was halfway through his report,Simon Westaway butted in and said,you know what I reckon,Go Manly,what a nice touch,good on you Simon
Fat Tony Satini, a likely name for a mobster :D

master blaster said:
I know this a bit off topic,but just watching the pre match footy show from Melb,and Andy raymond doing his report on the game,and he had to stars from Fat tony there,and when Andy was halfway through his report,Simon Westaway butted in and said,you know what I reckon,Go Manly,what a nice touch,good on you Simon

Simon Westaway = legend. That's a true manly supporter. Using any opportunity, even if it's on national tv and inappropriate, to spruik our team catchcry

Brissie Kid said:
Playing in the extreme heat yesterday and now a 5 day turnaround. Going to be hard to be fully ready for this one.

Didn't effect the Tigers who played in the hottest game I have ever been too when they smashed the Titans Sunday week ago, then put the cleaners through the Grubbitohs Friday night.

Looks like King Kong will be suspended next week for a shoulder charge. What shoulder charge. Hasson to play prob and JSL back in the team. The forwards will be fine. Time for these pretty boy backs to stand up.

This is just the sort of game we'll lift and put the other teams on notice.

No chance against Souths in Prelim Final last year.

No chance against them this year.

No chance to make the top 8 in 2011.

No chance to make the top 8 in 2013.

Toovey would be loving being written off already.

So we lost four times to them last year (five if you counted the trial).
Is that our longest losing streak against anyone for a while?
I doubt we have lost more than three in a row to the Storm for a while, maybe the Dragons.

Really want us to aim up in this one...just like the Souffs game round two.

We've already beaten a top 4 team this year, now we need to shake that other bogey and beat the Rorters.

I believe if we win this it could really set up and define our season. If not, I just hope we fire up, rip in and at least put them on notice.

Enemy number one for me this year!

mickqld said:
Daddycool08 said:
Who is the referee?
It doesn't matter. The shafting plan has already been given to Hayne by Greenprick. Just a rerun of 2013 GF.

The Referees for tonite are: Ben Cummins, Gavin Reynolds

So, NO Shame Hayne. So our chances are looking a little brighter. Still up against it though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6