And now BK: I agree rehire Zorba now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
No. No. No. No. No. No.No.
The Tele story says BK has walked away from Manly forever after Zorba's sacking. That's a nightmare and I hated reading BK's decision. Rehire Zorba and fire the tools that sacked him. Redefine his role if that's required, but I say keep the guy. Clearly an ex legend like BK has a view that I would suggest reflects a wider opinion within the coaching and playing group. Semi's are here - the club must fix this issue, now.

can someone please bump all the non-Zorba posts above this drivel. I have to go to work. Thanks.

TerryRandall said:
Anybody who doesnt think the sacking of a club legend like Zorba is worthy of outrage has no real feel for what it is to be Manly. Some wet-behind-the-eyes nobody with absolutely no feel or connection to this club sacks a legend who clearly has the support of the most important people ie the players, that to me is an absolute outrage. The true Manly culture has had a dagger thrust into its heart. If you can't see that, then I honestly dont think you truly understand what Manly is all about.
well said Tessa, spread the gospel mate , show them the truth the way and the light :D

Even those people who thought Zorba was an old school dinosaur from the 1970s and prone to making embarrassing gaffes would acknowledge all the very good things Peter does for the club, the players, the supporters and his passionate commitment over many many years.

Would be wise for Perry and the board to quickly find a role for Zorba in the structure.

However if it was Peter Peters' decision to drag this out into the media spotlight earlier this week (and Perry wanted to find a way to settle it all after the footie season) then Peters must be held accountable for running a destructive ego driven campaign which he KNEW would badly effect the team the supporters the sponsors and the Manly club.

Hopefully Peter Peters was not the person to drag this out at the worst possible time.

Why was this not settled after the football season - why could it have not waited a mere 4 weeks?

Does anybody know for sure?

brookiegreg said:
Even those people who thought Zorba was an old school dinosaur from the 1970s and prone to making embarrassing gaffes would acknowledge all the very good things Peter does for the club, the players, the supporters and his passionate commitment over many many years.

Would be wise for Perry and the board to quickly find a role for Zorba in the structure.

However if it was Peter Peters' decision to drag this out into the media spotlight earlier this week (and Perry wanted to find a way to settle it all after the footie season) then Peters must be held accountable for running a destructive ego driven campaign which he KNEW would badly effect the team the supporters the sponsors and the Manly club.

Hopefully Peter Peters was not the person to drag this out at the worst possible time.

Why was this not settled after the football season - why could it have not waited a mere 4 weeks?

Does anybody know for sure?
We have to ask those Faceless cock holders to get the answer , but first we have to find where they are hiding:huh:

Jatz Crackers said:
What story ? Which BK ? Where is link ?
The link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ben-kennedy-walks-out-on-manly-over-peter-peters-sacking/story-e6frexnr-1226131659609

Double edged sword. Keep club legend who's popular with the players and obviously unpopular with the media, and hence hurting the club image and potential sponsors. Or, hire an experienced media person, up to date with technology and has a good, clean image, improve the media exposure, ie, push more positive stories, increase sponsorship. It's business v football club. Unfortunately, business will always win, especially when there is private ownership.

jabroni said:
Double edged sword. Keep club legend who's popular with the players and obviously unpopular with the media, and hence hurting the club image and potential sponsors. Or, hire an experienced media person, up to date with technology and has a good, clean image, improve the media exposure, ie, push more positive stories, increase sponsorship. It's business v football club. Unfortunately, business will always win, especially when there is private ownership.

very good point and prob what Perry was well aware of.

Peter Peters does a fabulous job in the areas that he's good at and should be kept for that essential role.

But as for media spokesperson? Probably not...the time has passed for him being the best person at that role and Manly need an up to date experienced tech savvy etc professional media person.

This was prob what Perry was driving at but crook crook timing!!

Can't replace the experience and passion that Zorba brings to the other football areas!

Go to it David Perry and the Manly board - we need this issue fixed by Friday afternoon latest! It is YOUR jobs to get this fixed pronto OK????

FFS It's a media manager we are losing not one of our top players or coach. I can't beleive the fallout over Zorba's fate. We have new COO who wants to take the club in a different direction. The office has been a shambles for years and I agree the timing is unfortunate but it's time to get over it and move on.

Honestly what connection does Ben Kennedy have with Manly now, does he still come down & do some sort of work with the club with coaching etc
This is the 1st time I have even heard him mentioned in a very long time, all I know is he runs a grocery store in Qld somewhere

Don't get me wrong I love the fact he spent 2 years of blood & sweat for our great club for which I am truly grateful

Personally a massive BK fan & though maybe not the perfect spokesman - Zorba bleeds Maroon & White & this ingredient is what builds the heart of a football club imo - not the well spoken politician who carries the latest i-pod & thinks the ball is round.
However the decision has been made & it wont change overnight - time to move on & win a premiership. The haters out there must be licking their lips at the recent turmoil but everyone can be sure of 1 thing - there is nothing Zorba & BK would love more than Seaeagles premiers in 2011.

jabroni said:
Its not good business when you dump a popular manly legend that has given over 40 years of loyal and dedicated service to our great club a week before the semis , its an appaling business decison. This farcical business decision also has major negative affect on our LOYAL sponsors .

Yawn. The Telegraph are trying to milk the story for all its worth. Trotting out a new official/ex player each day. Like it or not the decision has been made......whats important to me is we have some football games to win.

BK is a legend. Someone here said he turned around Manly and I agree. The players would have to really respect what he has to say. The club would show real class if it re-instated Zorba today with a redefined role. Sure as someone says, get a more tech savvy PR/marketing guy. But keep Zorba on in a capacity that suits him. And lets get on with winning the comp.

The Indian said:
Yawn. The Telegraph are trying to milk the story for all its worth. Trotting out a new official/ex player each day. Like it or not the decision has been made......whats important to me is we have some football games to win.

Bear in mind that the Telecrap might have either misquoted OR deliberately m**e ** this piece from Ben Kennedy....

Wouldn't put it past any News Ltd paper to put the boot into Manly at this point

jabroni said:
This

brookiegreg said:
The Indian said:

Bear in mind that the Telecrap might have either misquoted OR deliberately m**e ** this piece from Ben Kennedy....

Wouldn't put it past any News Ltd paper to put the boot into Manly at this point
Not correct in this case bulldog richie was zorbas cadet when he first started as a journo there's alot of loyalty there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4