And Choc reckons he made a good career move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
What a joke of a club!

Attachments

• 10955700_788074324573863_7142208682583027272_n.jpg
    10955700_788074324573863_7142208682583027272_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 158
Yeap parra at its best.

We had some rough times at the board but as far as im aware no ones life membership was cancelled.

Pretty poor form.

Parra is a basket case. However there were plenty of calls for Dessie's life membership to be cancelled, and a few said the same about Choc's

All's fair in love, war and board politics.

All these things make our boardroom dramas look like a sandpit fight at a creche. What amazes me is that even with "The Dalai Arthur" at the club, he still cannot sort out these boardroom woes. Eric Grothe Sr seems like a pretty nice guy too. We have had our share of these things but Parra is on another level. They shafted Fitzy and havent recovered. We may have called for a life membership to be removed but we havent done it. Choc was a mistake he shouldnt have gotten his until he finished his career.

Its a culture the rest of them miss completely.

Manly have always had a culture of tough but inclusive management. Smaller, tougher decisions done so regularly and always when needed (Choc departure, a current day example) but that is what builds an uncompromising but "club fair" decision making administration.

I do not know of any other NRL club that has achieved this on such a consistent basis. And yet that, (comically so) is what the current day media designate as dysfunction in the MWSE.

A good part of the reason why I admire the Sea Eagles so much.

^ true that.

However, an Eels spokesperson said his life membership had not been cancelled.

"Parramatta can confirm that, contrary to reports this evening, the life membership of Eric Grothe snr has not been cancelled or withdrawn," said Josh Drayton, the head of communications for the Parramatta Leagues Club Group....... (syd morn herald)

There does seem to be a huuuuuuge disparity between reporting on our 'dysfunctional' board and, cough, parra's.

It's almost like some Journo's plus their editors have agendas!!!!

Didn't the parra CEO get arrested for shoplifting?

Seems like they have their sh** together.

Does anyone else get an error (you do not have authorisation to view the image) when they click on it?

Secrets in Seattle

Rumours have run strong all summer about a confrontation between Parramatta teammatesDarcy Lussick and Corey Norman on the first night of their study trip of Seattle last year. It allegedly occurred during a night out to celebrate Melbourne Cup day.

Eels coach Brad Arthur "categorically" denied anything untoward happened when contacted. But the speculation has buzzed around the club for months – and now on social media – that something went down.

Whatever it was, it was seemingly inconsequential. More like boys just being boys.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...ve-heard-that-one-before-20150129-1317j0.html

After reading the papers I was under the impression that only Manly had board problems.

Hey Phil, did this one get missed by you? That's a wonder.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6