• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
this bloke is now the real deal.unless rugby decide they want him he will come cheaper than orford and is another that should be considered.he is a very big man in this era of big strong 5/8s( fittler/barrett mould )and is finally realising his obvious class.

IMO

9 monaghan
7 witt/burns
6 anasta

has a solid ring to it for the next few years if orford or another elite half is not available.

Sorry but I disagree.

1 - I don't rate Anasta anywhere near the ability of Barrett and Fittler at 5/8.

2 - You NEED a halfback that is going to lead the team around, and putting Witt or Burns there IMO is a major loss in comparison to Monaghan.

3 - Monaghan is playing well at halfback, WHY change his position just because we buy a 5/8. He is a better halfback than Burns and Witt put together otherwise they would be playing half this year.

4 - I don't see why you are so keen to buying a half/5/8. We clearly struggle in the hooking role(starting hooker) and centres. Why put hard earned into a half or 5/8 and therefore sacrifice money we could spend on much more required positions.

5 - If you are that keen on getting a superstar, buy a superstar hooker such as Craig Wing. He will change the dynamic of the team without changing the combinations around too much. Not to mention his great long kicking game and halves abilities when injuries occur.

6 - Orford and Anasta will both be asking upwards of 500K especially in Anastas case if Rugby Union is making a bid.

7 - Buy a centre.

8 - It is a disgrace if Luke Lewis gets picked ahead of Matt King in the origin team.

p.s. chucked in number 8 after just seeing 9 news.

i said if we cant get an elite half it is an option.unless you havent been listening i dont rate monaghan as a top halfback.my meaning is that an average halfback and a real good 5/8 is better than 2 average halves.it is not that hard.

this ****ing bandwagon is getting very full again.hope it doesnt end up an empty wreck in the carpark at telsta like usually happens when we poke our nose over the bridge.but if we do get beat we can blame it on the 4 origin and 2 city forwards our hero has to put up with each week.

Reading between the lines I think your most hated code are going to throw a bucketload at Anasta. Interestingly he's meeting Eddie Jones tomorrow. Let's hope all of this proves a distraction from the weekend's game - it was interesting to see him chatting to Menzies and Kennedy on the news.

And Wiedler reckons the Wobblies are keen on Mason again - whatever that's worth.

i said if we cant get an elite half it is an option.unless you havent been listening i dont rate monaghan as a top halfback.my meaning is that an average halfback and a real good 5/8 is better than 2 average halves.it is not that hard.

I understand what you mean, but I would think that it would be more beneficial if we did sign Anasta to leave Monaghan at halfback, because he is much more equipped than Burns and Witt. Then possibly put Ballin in the hooking role.

monas is under-rated. Anasta is over-rated. Dont want him....he would want Orford dollars.

what happened to orford

6 sherwin
7 orford
9 monas

Wouldnt that make you happy ;)

again how much money do we have

We would need a bomb to afford that lot! Not sure that I would want Sherwin with Orford. Similar roles - Orford is better.

We can see how good Anasta is this weekend.

what happened to orford

6 sherwin
7 orford
9 monas

Wouldnt that make you happy ;)

again how much money do we have

Don't forget Gower on the bench, and possibly Seymour at left centre.

***************VIRUS ALERT****************

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES MY FINGER HOVERS OVER THE "BAN" BUTTON TO RID US OF THIS INCESSANT INANITY...........

I can't understand how people can still talk about Anasta being over-rated this season. He has been playing very,very well in a losing side,and nearly single handedly got them home against the Tigers after being down and out

Anaster is the "text book modern day 5/8" all the skills with the size of a second rower, same as Barret Fittler etc etc. It would be incredible to have him at Manly.... who really knows what he wants, ,,, the more that take the soft option and go to union, the better for Manly!!!! League will survive, there will be more Anasters/Freddies etc in leafure, Union cant find one!

Someone posted a classic on ME last night that they had heard from a mate,claiming that the new Super 12 side are interested in Stephenson. I have seen nothing to suggest they would even look at him

We have an elite half.
i hope this was a joke.makes first grade fulltime at 25 in a team that ran second last.was let go by a team that havent had halves since the blacks were banned in tassie and is yet to get even a city/country jersey.hasnt stood up against a top team yet.elite i hear you say.

just out of interest who would you guys take over monas in this group of halfbacks.
johns
seymor
head
finch
gower
orford
sherwin
jones
prince
thurston
withers

I would love to have Anasta in Maroon & White but I can't see it happening at this stage. I agree with Sue on this one - Anasta should be chased before Orford IMO.

However I also believe Monas should be retained in some capacity whether half/hooker/five eight. The team has definetley shown a lot more mettle since he took over as captain last year. Whether you think he is a 'blue chip' elite player or not I think the results have shown him to be a 'blue chip' skipper/leader.

vegas - Seymour, gower, orford, prince and thats it.

Monas would have to partner seymour IMO, also i would put tim smith in this catagory (these 2 are up and comers)

others are par or below.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4