An upside to tonight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Although we missed 39 tackles, lacked composure and had an extra man for the final 10 in a game we really should have won...

We were missing Snake at the back who is a huge organiser in defence and 2 props.

BOTH the chooks tries came off errors and not lack of defence.

We have MASSIVE amounts of improvement in us, we have been playing at 50% of what are are capable of. It still does not fill me with confidence as we seem to be making the same mistakes week after week.

What is irritating is, that inspite of the RHS being effectively blocked, Manly do not switch to the LHS.
Playing against 12 men should have had us going wide then stretching them back on the opposing side. :mad:

Jennings is a better player than SDK - so why the f*ck go RHS all night :huh:

Bless Matai and his great try, once Manly played this side.:angel:

2 Manly errors = 2 match points to the Opposition , so quit it Manly! :dodgy:

HappilyManly said:
What is irritating is, that inspite of the RHS being effectively blocked, Manly do not switch to the LHS.
Playing against 12 men should have had us going wide then stretching them back on the opposing side. :mad:

Jennings is a better player than SDK - so why the f*ck go RHS all night :huh:

Bless Matai and his great try, once Manly played this side.:angel:

2 Manly errors = 2 match points to the Opposition , so quit it Manly! :dodgy:

Agreed, thought the left hand side looked much more dangerous tonight. Jorge needs to come in more and find the ball if they wont throw it to him. Wasted out there doing nothing

I think we felt snake missing tonight. Our attacking plays missed his wrap around plays.

Credit to Hiku, he played well, but hes not snake.

Another upside is that it's May not August. Next week will be tough against the cheats who are coming off two surprise losses. They will be pulling out all the tricks to win this one particularly as it's against us.
I'm concerned about next week. Hate Monday night matches. Round 11 against Canberra is a must win to restore the faith.
I agree with many who suggest we need more attacking options. Injury and suspension riddled once again leaves Tooves and the boys with some work to do but we are Manly and will overcome adversity.

Yeah it's early days. I think the most jarring thing for people though is that we looked so good in attack until the Souths game and have floundered since. Defence is superb but not good enough in attack. Gift is still unfit and playing like 2010 when he was overweight all year. Don't want to bash the bloke too much but and there are other factors in play but he looked in the way again last night. We need to work out the best way to get the most out of his football genius and at present it might be as an impact player. It also wouldn't hurt if he went straight at the line before the sideways shuffle step/grubber. Teams have done their homework. We need to do ours.

Another positive. We will get better. Imagine when we click for 80 minutes.

Top End Eagle said:
Yeah it's early days. I think the most jarring thing for people though is that we looked so good in attack until the Souths game and have floundered since. Defence is superb but not good enough in attack. Gift is still unfit and playing like 2010 when he was overweight all year. Don't want to bash the bloke too much but and there are other factors in play but he looked in the way again last night. We need to work out the best way to get the most out of his football genius and at present it might be as an impact player. It also wouldn't hurt if he went straight at the line before the sideways shuffle step/grubber. Teams have done their homework. We need to do ours.

Rubbish, we have looked rushed in attack for most of the season. I made the comment weeks ago that we have been poor in attack except for the Newcastle game in round 2. That is the ONLY 80 minute performance we have put in this season.

I agree that the positive is that we have a mountain of improvement in us, but after 9 weeks I haven't seen any of that and I am growing concerned about whether or not it will come.

The thing that I find most amusing is that the chooks are now being hailed as the "real deal" because they beat us. Hmmmmm, let's see, two lucky tries against a team that is without Gulavao, King, Fa'oso, Symonds and Brett. Yep, I'd say that qualifies.

By the way, what was wrong with Symonds??????

dowdz said:

Our attack hasn't clicked for 5 minutes. I wouldn't be holding my breath if I was you.

Chooks were ordinary which surprised me.Cant see them closing the gap on the bunnies in RD 1 when they were flogged.Looking more and more like a 2 horse race to me unless we get some luck with injuries and play smarter.

The Roosters are travelling ok due to their defence. Their attack, like ours is not outstanding. Manly and the Roosters are the 2 best defensive sides in the comp. I think the score line reflected that pretty well.

6/71 said:
Tafua made me sooo angry tonight...

Try not to get upset with wingers or second rowers.

Every time NSW lose an origin match they drop a winger and a second rower. Back end cannon fodder, easily disposed with and can be replaced with one of the same.

Volley said:
dowdz said:

Our attack hasn't clicked for 5 minutes. I wouldn't be holding my breath if I was you.

Lol. No I don't think I will be.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
So how do you rate the Chooks attack? Apparently they are 'the real deal'.

They are like Manly have a lot of strike power in the backline but are unable to get it firing. It will happen for both teams. They did to us what Souths did two weeks ago.

From what I saw last night, they will be the toughest team to beat in September/October. Have a better all round roster than both Souths and Storm and plenty of improvement in them.

It was a great win for them at Brookvale last night, they showed real heart. They played with 12 men most of the match and 11 at the end, SBW contributed zero, he doesnt like it when it gets tough unlike Friend, JWH, O'Donnell etc

I was proud of Manlys effort, they never stopped trying. Horo, Lawrence, Watmough, Ballin, Stewart and Kite all worked hard. We really missed Symonds.

Buhrer must get more match time.

What has happened to our dummy half running. Matai, Ballin and Buhrer need to get the Storm on the back foot in defence next week.

I think the only upside to take out of that match is that we have a stand in fullback. Yes I know he's no Brett Stewart but Hiku is the next best thing.
We will get towelled next week I can't see the Storm losing three in a row.

susan said:
Chooks were ordinary which surprised me.Cant see them closing the gap on the bunnies in RD 1 when they were flogged.Looking more and more like a 2 horse race to me unless we get some luck with injuries and play smarter.

Who is the second horse? Souths and .....Storm I presume.

Long long way to go but from what i have seen last 2 years with Broncos and Dragons leading at this same point its highly unlikely both these teams will be there GF day, maybe neither.

Hey that gives us a real chance, Roosters and Dogs too.

Broncos and Saints didn't have a single player in the spine within coo-ee of Slater/Smith/Cronk.

Ive been trying to find reasons for the Storm to fold for too many seasons and made a fool of myself Iim not falling into the same trap again because they have lost 2 games in 17.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8