An open letter from Bob Reilly re Football Club membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kids are well - 3 mths now.  Plenty of work to do at home though.

As for the shoe I must get out there to see if it is still in the tree, that was a great day!

Good to hear OOE
From the odd few reports I've has there has already been a healthy number of renewals for 2010 and it would appear that there are many new members signing up which is encouraging.
Ideally I would like us to have on-line membership set up so will work towards this in the coming months but in the meantime the people at the Leagues Club seem to be doing a very good job on the admin of memberships

Fired the renewal off today

was going to do the Screaming Eagles membership renewal last night but couldn't get the page to work so didn't bother in the end

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Fired the renewal off today

was going to do the Screaming Eagles membership renewal last night but couldn't get the page to work so didn't bother in the end
Well not sure if I will fire mine off or use some other method but I will get around to renewing soon.
By the way Vidmar didn't you say a month or two ago that some announcement was imminent re Football Club affairs?

Every time I try to renew the membership I get

Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'Replace'

/membership-order.asp, line 752

That's quite a common error in Enzed Kiwi, due to the fact that the script is only designed to work when you've got a couple of VB's under your belt. It's not compatible with Speights or Tui, which is where you are striking problems. Suggest you stock the fridge with some decent beer, hence the "Replace" suggestion in the error message.

By the way Vidmar didn't you say a month or two ago that some announcement was imminent re Football Club affairs?[/quote]

The letter at the start of the post highlights some of the plans that the Football Club has and also explains what the Club is looking to do in the coming years.

I was at a board meeting last night (and by the way it was proposed and I accepted an official board position) and there were a number of initiatives and things discussed including...

There will be Football Club functions for the first home game (Cronulla - round 5) and the final home game (Dogs round 26) – these will be designated as a chance for any Sea Eagles Old Boys to get together so will give fans the opportunity to catch up with some of the legends of the club

I will look to establish a Football Club website to allow better communication of the club, its aims and activities and we are also looking to allow on-line membership renewal via the site (any web designers keen to volunteer?)

The site will also allow us to publish an incredible set of player stats that cover the entire history of the club (This has been as a result of some fantastic work by Philip Dean)

The Football Club will be looking to strengthen ties with the local district junior grade clubs (Through the close involvement of Peter O’Dwyer)

There will be a new life member proposed (to rapturous applause I would guess) at the coming AGM in December (I’ll give you a clue…he is an ex-player!)

The letter that began this post has been sent to the 20,000 members of the leagues club, been distributed through a number of other supporter channels and the response so far has been very positive

New memberships are up already by 10% and over 30% of existing members have already renewed even though memberships run through until end of December.

There will be no joint membership of the Sea Eagles and Football Club for 2010 but that is something that we will work with the Sea Eagles on to forge closer links between us and make things easier for the fans

There are a number of major initiatives under way regarding the re-development of Brookvale Oval and the Football Club will play an active part in working with the community when the council consults the community in 2010

There have been over 130 applicants for the Sea Eagles CEO position and a short list has been drawn up and a committee is working on the selection

So lots already happening and some exciting plans for the coming season

Kiwi Eagle – I’ve emailed Aaron Markie re your technical problem – I know he is traveling overseas at the moment but figure he will be able to forward the email to someone who can fix it?

Matabele – I’m sure a good accountant can wangle that your membership fees are work related?

Cheers
Vid

C&C, Lion Red is the League Beer over here, get with the program mate !! :p A few of the lads have managed to make Lion Red our biggest seller at the cricket club now

Vid, thanks for that, my PC is pretty old so could be an error from my end, but have never had it before.

vidmar link said:
I was at a board meeting last night (and by the way it was proposed and I accepted an official board position) and there were a number of initiatives and things discussed including...

Congratulations Vid. That is welcome news and wish you all the best with growing the FC membership and implementing some of the ideas you have brought to the table.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6