An MWSE Updates forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Guys,

I am wondering whether you would find it more useful to have a single forum where the MWSE staff can put in their updates. As it is now Matt and Larissa have special accounts that allow them to put their updates in the site, with special prefixes, but they are quickly lost in the rest of the thread list.

Would it be useful if we dedicated a forum to these posts, or for instance moved all of the posts with these updates to this special forum after say 2 days?

Cheers
Dan

@[EagleRockin2012]
@[Larissa]

Yes I agree. I think that the current method is good for the first day, but then they quickly get dropped down the list and their value is lost.

See if the tagging of Matt and Larissa works this time
@[EagleRockin2012]
@[Larissa]

Agree, much like the MWTS area.

Although one does need to post in the main area as the other areas are sometimes avoided (unless you are particularly interested in them), and sometimes you need to get a message across.

Yeah agreed. I think the best way would be to have the guys first post in here, and then we either automatically or manually move them across after a number of days. That way people can go directly to that forum for any information they are after

My concern would be that fans won't read posts in the Club area. Having our threads in the main area guarantees the highest possible readership.

I don't know that I completely agree there. Often after a day or so the posts are bumped down to the second page of the forum and rarely seen after that.

This way it would centralize things. You would get the benefit of full exposure for two days then it would be archived to a specific section where it can still be discussed.

This would then also build somewhat of an FAQ or archive for you, meaning you wouldn't need to repeatedly answer certain questions as the data is there for all to see without needing to search.

I may be able to work another solution where I could "tag" all of your posts and then have a single link that automatically searches all of them out and in affect provides a 1-click avenue for retrieving all posts.

There is also a feature that I have already installed but it has not been used to a large scale, which is "subscribe to users" Perhaps I could look at a way of somewhat forcing all users to subscribe to your posts with an opt-out rather than an opt-in

swoop said:
Why not just make it a sticky thread on this forum.

It's certainly an option but then too many stickies become annoying. At least IMO anyway. Having to scroll down for content etc

Indeed it is, but with collaboration we prosper

Happy with the status quo.
Also happy to try the new style to see if Larissa's fears are allayed.
Wouldn't do the sticky style.

Surprised Larissa and Matt don't phone you all personally like they do for me!

*wink*

Can you have a From the club section in the important threads maybe?

Should not news from MWSE be copied as a NEWS item in conjunction with wherever it goes into forums ? Sure to be read then.

I think posting the thread in both forums is best maybe for the first week have the MWSE stuff in the main forum then move to MWSE forum. Like what I do with my photo threads.

Best thing would be to replicate a new thread in both forums. So anyone who's just interested in MWSE stuff wont miss it.

People are really that lazy to click on "Page 2" why not extend the number of topics on page one so it doesn't get lost on page 2.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4