An idea

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lurker

Beaver lover
Seeing as we now have a gaping hole in our salary cap I have an idea. I think we should go and poach the 5 best 20's halves in the league. Pay them each 200k give them a year with Joey. Evaluate them and then resign the best 2 for 4-5 years. All behind closed doors. Just poach the **** out of some other clubs and use our 2mil elsewhere lol

Do a deal for immediate release of DCE for Kane Elgy, pay some of DCE's contract for this year and just do a swap
**** paying his contract they can pay us a transfer fee if they want him early. We're paying him 500k they're going to pay him a mil. We'll sell them his contract. We'll take elgey anyway and **** on the Titans field for good measure. And if they don't do it we're going to play him in NSW cup in the front row where every guy trying to prove themselves is going to try to kill him

He can be one of the 5 but halves can be hit and miss. Have an immortal evaluate them and then lock them in long term

That's a great idea! Well, it was when I touched on it last night on page 1 of the "who do we sign" thread. I was however, a little tired and emotional by then." In the light of day, Elgy seems the logical option. I'd be happy with that.

That's a great idea! Well, it was when I touched on it last night on page 1 of the "who do we sign" thread. I was however, a little tired and emotional by then." In the light of day, Elgy seems the logical option. I'd be happy with that.
Sorry @mozgrame I havent ready every single post lol

Sorry @mozgrame I havent ready every single post lol

No problem. It's a good idea in theory, but I think Elgy is pretty much ready to go. I'm sure the club would have run the idea past Joey to get his thoughts, and I bet the wheels are in full motion right now to sign Elgy.

No problem. It's a good idea in theory, but I think Elgy is pretty much ready to go. I'm sure the club would have run the idea past Joey to get his thoughts, and I bet the wheels are in full motion right now to sign Elgy.
I think we need more than just elgey. I'm saying using a buckshot rather than a single bullet. Bound to hit something. My plan was also assuming foz is gone and we need 2. I also want a bit of revenge on all clubs. Poach everyone's talent. Pull another pair of rookie halves up out of the ground

There are young blokes all over the country that could turn into anything if given a chance. If our recruitment team are any good at their jobs, they'll find them. I think we need to go into lock down for a bit. Concentrate on what we have in lower grades, and sign Elgy.

Quality halfbacks are rare as hens teeth, that is the whole point and reason why clubs threw millions at DCE.
The Tigers cub Brooks has promise but even he is a long way short of champion quality at this stage.

If we end up with a rookie or a journeyman as half he will be slammed mercilessly here, including by those who claimed all they want is someone proud of the jersey. And if the poor sod plays with a smile on his face he'll be slammed all the more.

Orford was a top half and even he was hotly criticised here. Short memories for some of you.

Do a deal for immediate release of DCE for Kane Elgy, pay some of DCE's contract for this year and just do a swap

I would love not to see DCE in maroon and white ever again. Let him go there now so he can feel the cold spank of the wooden spoon.

If we're going to travel down that road we may as well use the extra cash from Cherry's exit and look high and low for a monster forward...I'd suggest we start in Fiji or Samoa.

I think this is the logical way to go. DCEs presence this year will be hugely problematic. Pack him off and give Kane Elgy the same opportunity he got in 2011. I have a feeling both DCE and Foran will suddenly seem less than great when playing without the quality that's been around them over the last few years.

I think we need more than just elgey. I'm saying using a buckshot rather than a single bullet. Bound to hit something. My plan was also assuming foz is gone and we need 2. I also want a bit of revenge on all clubs. Poach everyone's talent. Pull another pair of rookie halves up out of the ground
Absolutely ridiculous. We have talent scouts to identify talent. If we need to spend 1 million on five rookies then we are in worse shape than i thought, Surely Warwick, Joey and co can identify two suitable replacements to work with and we can spend the rest on a couple of brutes.

Absolutely ridiculous. We have talent scouts to identify talent. If we need to spend 1 million on five rookies then we are in worse shape than i thought, Surely Warwick, Joey and co can identify two suitable replacements to work with and we can spend the rest on a couple of brutes.
We don't exactly have fantastic fall backs right now

You're missing the point Kev Ward. It's about taking them so other clubs don't have them.
I'd happily see Manly accept a few lean years if we could derail a few clubs who think they're heading towards a golden patch. We've had our golden years. Let's deny some other clubs of theirs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6