Amnesty in the name of players rights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Enough is enough

Players have been disgracefully under-represented throughout this debacle.

Time for the NRL to stand up to ASADA and tell them that no player should be forced to be interviewed.

Players union is a joke. Surely, there is legal body or qualified person out there somewhere that can provide players with appropriate, fair and independent representation. This is the perfect storm for players to unite and to tell all other parties, except for fans of course, to go and get $&@?ed.

Time for NRL to call an amnesty and implement a new drug policy, in partnership with players, their representation, clubs and ASADA.

Take your pick with the staggering amount of legal principles that are currently being abused by ASADA.

Time for players to unite and take a stand.

For starters, players should seek an immediate application to vary their enterprise agreement. Application would be approved. Players should be able to exercise their rights as all of us are permitted.

I'm against drug cheats but i think I agree with an amnesty and a do over. Maybe 100% blood passports are the way to move forward, ASADA get more power and the game is clean and seen to be clean from now on.

Would we have wanted a past amnesty for salary cap rorts and let the Storm keep their Premierships? I can handle an amnesty for players who unknowingly and at the insistence of club doctors and coaches accepted what they thought were vitamin injections. I'm not sure I can condone straight out cheating by knowingly using prohibited performance enhancing drugs.

WADA doesn't allow amnesties so ASADA can't offer it. Was tried in cycling after Armstrong but WADA stopped it.

In the case of the NRL it doesn't need an amnesty. These drugs ASADA have decided are banned and suspect were used are about recovery not performance enhancing. So unless we're taking away a premiership from 2012 or 2011 looking backwards is just a waste of time and money.

ASADA should stop its wasteful investigation & announce with the NRL tough penalties from today on plus other measures they will take. That would be a positive measure.

Brissie Kid said:
WADA doesn't allow amnesties so ASADA can't offer it. Was tried in cycling after Armstrong but WADA stopped it.

In the case of the NRL it doesn't need an amnesty. These drugs ASADA have decided are banned and suspect were used are about recovery not performance enhancing. So unless we're taking away a premiership from 2012 or 2011 looking backwards is just a waste of time and money.

ASADA should stop its wasteful investigation & announce with the NRL tough penalties from today on plus other measures they will take. That would be a positive measure.
So not an amnesty but a pseudo amnesty?

The only thing the players union is interested in is negotiating more money for players.

In everything else they are hopelessly under qualified.

Let it runs its course, let the government clerks have their say and then they will be put back in their box.

If they took illegal substances they should be punished

I do not buy the whole "I did not know what they were doing " your body your consequences

All that said there needs to be some form of conclusive proof. One thing that sticks in my mind are the people who know the most (like smith and the head of the afl) have not come out and said there is no issue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7