Amazing lack of Superstars emerging in the last 8 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The intuitive, instinctive players are being coached out of the game in favour of massive athletic robots. You just rarely see real talent any more.... It's just not what the NRL product requires anymore. They want 10 Semi Radradradrarads, rather than 1 Phil Blake..
10 Semi Radradradrarads hanging on the wing
and if 1 Semi Radradradrarad should accidentally fall....

It's a time thing.

If the Bulldogs knew Thurston was going to be as good as he is, good bet they would of picked him over Brent Sherwin.

The genuine superstars are all there like
Tom Trbojevic
Anthony Milford
Semi Radradra
Holmes are the big one for me also I expect Mitchell Moses to be up there soon enough once the Tigers become successful.

and if 1 Semi Radradradrarad should accidentally fall....
Edit version. It should actually rhyme.

and if 1 Semi Radradradrarad cops an accidental sting...

i think your query has been answered. It's been a good run of spine and great centres and a couple of gun forwards that has hampered rep exposure for younger players.

There are a lot more distractions and a lot more games and intensity involved today. Say what you will about the bloke but I loved watching Barba this afternoon.

Go through your sixteen NRL teams and look at the fullback in each one. Then find the next bloke who could play there. Players aren't standing out so well because the competition is so fierce. Only the truly truly special are superstars. Where would Gary Larson or hilly more rate in today's game?

i think your query has been answered. It's been a good run of spine and great centres and a couple of gun forwards that has hampered rep exposure for younger players.

There are a lot more distractions and a lot more games and intensity involved today. Say what you will about the bloke but I loved watching Barba this afternoon.

Go through your sixteen NRL teams and look at the fullback in each one. Then find the next bloke who could play there. Players aren't standing out so well because the competition is so fierce. Only the truly truly special are superstars. Where would Gary Larson or hilly more rate in today's game?
Whatever the reason it will be ordinary if it continues. Did any one imagine that we would not have had a viable NSW half or five eight in all the years after A.Johns . The best chance ever to stake a claim. I too love watching Ben Barba but the player I am talking about is the calibre of Fittler and Laurie Daley, match winners at all levels. Fittler would walk into the NSW side today completely unchallenged

Bryce Cartwright looks the best forward to come through since Beaver.

The kid has everything in his game and barring injury may well go close to being the first non half modern day immortal in 10 years time.

Has to play SOO off the bench this year at a minimum.

The kid has everything in his game and barring injury may well go close to being the first non half modern day immortal in 10 years time.

Misses a lot of tackles

true - there is improvement there and other parts of his game but he is only 21 so you would expect him to get over the 90% success mark which is the rule of thumb

I too think he could be anything and I hope he does because I enjoy watching players who have his talent to manipulate the defence into making mistakes.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6