1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always great to hear a good story!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyArmy, Feb 22, 2016.

1. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Cb0DSOBUsAAtolu.jpg

Sounds like a great kid. Feel good for him!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Brookvale2015

Brookvale2015 Active Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 171
    Great stuff amazing I grew up with snake and chez as my idols and meeting them was unreal but I can't imagine being a young African and what it would be like to finally meet a superstar you model yourself on, amazing stuff beautiful story and love his name absolutely brilliant

3. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,174 / 59
    The amount of stuff I see online about dce meeting fans or doing things for people is great. We have a genuine superstar on our side, I really hope he can push for a Dally M medal this season.
    I'm thinking we lucked out with the half we managed to keep.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    I have to admit I have only ever met one Manly player. I was a ball boy for a South Aussie invitational side playing the Gold Coast Seagulls back in 1992 here in Adelaide and got to meet Fatty (as well as Wally Lewis, Jeff Hardy and Ricky Walford).

Its good to hear stories like Chol Cholo meeting his idol rather than stories about players taking clubs to court, leagues threatening clubs etc.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    He has a nice turn of pace:

• Like Like x 1
  6. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +650 / 6
    here is a quote from a daily tele story on him prior to the game:
    “I am excited, but I am nervous as,” he said. “It is dream come true playing against NRL players, I can’t believe it, that is where I want to be.”

He described the chance to show Steve Matai and his NRL teammates what he has got as the best thing ever.

“Getting tackled by them will be even better - if I’m not in hospital after,” he laughed.

here is the link:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/053e196f819aad5aacfe2bc96d9ffe34

• Like Like x 1