ALP Queensland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Around 7 of them. That is the biggest electoral spanking I can remember in Australia. Federally it a bit different in the way the seats are done but worrying signs for Gillard.

Im not sure why Clive is even worried, he may as well enjoy himself and spend whatever money he has now as he will be dead in a few years.

The man is a walking heart attack.

ManlyBacker said:
Around 7 of them. That is the biggest electoral spanking I can remember in Australia. Federally it a bit different in the way the seats are done but worrying signs for Gillard.

This is all true, and its pretty funny to see actually :) In all honesty, the real reason Labor got close to winning the last federal election was because of compulsory preferential voting.

In Queensland, and NSW for that matter (the other spanking) they don't need to give preferences. Greens voters are well known to not give preferences when given the option to not have to. In federal elections, especially the last one, it was the Greens preferences that got Labor across the line in a lot of the seats.

Now, this wouldn't have made too much of a difference in Queensland, but in some of those closer seats, a few hundred of those Greens preferences would have got a few Labor candidates across the line.

When the federal election comes around the Coalition will need to start winning seats on first preference or else Labor will get a third term. I personally think Ms Gillard won't be the Labor Leader when the next election comes around.

How dare the coalition (2 parties combined with preferencing inbetween) not get the same benefit of the labor/greens 2 similar parties with as you say less preferencing.

Fluffy said:
How dare the coalition (2 parties combined with preferencing inbetween) not get the same benefit of the labor/greens 2 similar parties with as you say less preferencing.

Labor and Greens run a candidate in each seat. Other than 1 or 2 seats, the Libs and Nats don't compete against each other in seats (except in WA where there is no Coalition agreement). Therefore, the Libs and Nats don't get preferences from each other in most seats.

Of all people, you should know this Fluff. Very disappointed :)

Forgot, they just run them as "independents"

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/guide/cala.htm

Lib + independent who was last lib candidate + independent who is a Nat party councillor

Still getting those proxies.

"Can Do" is on fire up here. Already sacked the dick-head police minister for non payment of fine(he even got a warning from the commisioner, and still ****ed it!).
Cutting out plenty of government perks, and basically cracking the whip.I reckon he'll have the state in recovery mode by the time the federal election comes around, then slot Can Do into Abbots job...he'll destroy Gillard,fed labour would be lucky to have 7 members left too!
"Can Do for PM"!;)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6