1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All silent on the choc front

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by c eagle, Oct 3, 2014.

1. c eagle

c eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 52
    At our most critical time of the season the talk about choc was daily, now our season is over we haven't heard a peep........ I really hope chocolate sorts out his issues with the club and stays..... To lose gift and choc an SOO and international back row pair in the same year will kill us...... Our go forward was laughable this year , imagine what it would be like less choc, I for one really hope he stays , but without the rubbish.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    I doubt the Squeals would have the cap spare in 2015, so I think he will stay.

3. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    I think when the team was playing crap and all the rubbish was going on in the media, I may have posted that if Choc wants to go, then best he goes now.
    Now however, everyday that the story isn't in the media, the more I hope its wrong. Deserves to play out his career at Manly and would look sh#t in an eels jersey. Current bunch of young forwards need a hard head like Choc to be around. Hopefully he still wants to be here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    It is ironic how it was in the papers every day and died last week when we were done.

• Like Like x 4
  5. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Id say the whining worms dont have the cap. Hence the delay in any announcement. Manly are in the position of strength on this. He will have to force the issue and the club must get the best deal for the club.

For me it's unthinkable that he stays. Too much damage with bis gob rather than his football.

One way or another we all need to move on from this saga.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    Me thinks this may be all BS and Choc is not going anywhere. Dreams are free :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,903 / 27
    I'm happy with whatever arrangement the club and Anthony come up with....All I want for xmas is for us to get at least one (hopefully two) battle hardened frontrower/s .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    This tale is to be neither an accusation nor a confession, and least of all an adventure, for breaking a contract and going to the Eels is not an adventure to those who stand face to face with it. It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped shells, were destroyed by the Sea Eagles Board.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    Quite remarquable really.

10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    Yeah it is weird. It's not as if there is any other league news going on this week ;0)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Too late for Choc, the only reason for delay is the Eels have to free up some space.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    It was all boo-hoo from the Squeels who only had 200k to spend. I'm sure they are talking tough behind closed doors to get him. They need to kick out someone otherwise it will be another year to wait for them.

13. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    apparently they want him for next to nothing and they have have signed Faaoso apparently,that wont help free up any of their cap

14. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    The talentless hacks have no reason to try and destabilise our club now, so there's no need for their BS stories.

It will start up again after the GF is all done and there's columns to fill.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Which should be a clear sign to is that listening to the media spin should be done at your own peril

• Like Like x 1
  16. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    The eels are trying to offload Joseph Paulo to us and are still negotiating the cash payment to Watmough next year.

He is gone and Foran will also go at the end of 2015. Snake is also trying to get out as well. These departures will be defining moments for Toovey

• Like Like x 1
  17. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Yep. After about a solid week or two of either bunny-hugging or master coach-de$ worshipping articles, storm clouds will gather over Narrabeen again.
    Then early next year all the experts will write us off again because we're too: old, young, small, inexperienced, disgruntled and every other reason they can think of.
    DCE and Foz will be linked to all 15 opposition clubs and a board member will throw an egg and lettuce sandwich at another board member.
    Life rolls on for the Manly Sea Eagles with never a dull moment.;)
    Can't wait 'til kick off 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    Egg and lettuce? Surely he could think of a tastier sandwich to throw at somebody

19. eagle40

eagle40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Totally agree, I'm certain Tooves would like to be in charge of a football team and not be undermined by a certain few

20. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Well, there's always egg and lettuce sandwiches in the mix they serve at meetings/events. It would be a good one to throw as bits would fly everywhere.:)

• Like Like x 1