1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Over

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Season 2010 is all but done for us, too many guys playing injured or already gone and Glenn Stewart's moment of madness has killed any slight chance we have, his season is done and dusted. Will still probably make the 8 but the troops aren't there for anything more

Can't fault their effort and ticker, but once the going got a bit tough the young lads went into their shell and threw nothing at them. It mystifies me how we didn't go to the Stewart/Lyon/Williams combo. Was pleased to see a bit more running from Foran today, he looks dangerous when doing that. Hodkinson is so slow it is unreal

The momentum shifter at the start of the 2nd half was absolutely disgraceful, Matai was just about to grab the pill and blatantly taken out

Special mentions today for the work of King, Kite and Watmough who were all struggling but continued putting in. Am loving King's work at the moment. T Rex easily our best on park with Farrar just behind him

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Good statement KE. I agree its time to recover from our injury's, get Wolfman and Snake back next year as well as adding DCE and do it all again, hopefully with more success and consistency.

3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    your right Kiwi, injuries at the wrong time, we are falling apart coming to semis, when we won in 2008 all the boys were good, hasn't been our year at all.

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Totally Agree Kiwi
    Sean Hampstead should be taken out the back and shot
    That decision killed us

5. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    need 1-2 young gung ho forwards to really rattle teams, Jarrod would have been great, that type of performer, maybe Palau if they can get him top notch fit, he's a big kid

6. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Seen this post coming,see game day thread for wrap up

7. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Back row will be interesting next week, no Rodney or Stewart

Choc will continue to battle on and put everything into it. Even though he looks small, I was actually reasonably impressed with Buhrer today

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,134 / 289
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-jYTKtXVI

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Sorry Ryan, I can't put up with that crap. :)

What is annoying, and I have a heap of posts to get through of others thoughts, is that despite the three tries we still could have got back in that game. What was needed was some grit, cool heads and a plan to battle it out. Instead we got hot-headed stupidity. I can't belive we lost that and by such a margin.

10. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Hahahahah. Well in.

11. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    We gifted to many teams 2 points for nothing could easily have finished 2nd or 3rd.

12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    It's a sad,sad day when you realise that your team is not going to compete for the trophy. We have lived in false hope for most of the year that we could click into gear and make a charge at the semis. Unfortunately today the writting is well and truly on the wall. Too many injuries and just not enough grit to tough it out.
    For 2011 I dont think we will be much better. Perhaps with a bit more speed in the backs and more guile at halfback we could do better but forwards are a concern as well as another unknown rookie at half. We dont seem to have the mongrel and desire to dig deep for the win anymore. It seems we climbed the mountain in 2008 and we dont have the drive to do it again.

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    It's not all over yet. Though our future doesn't look bright!
    We do not lack grit. We lack experience in the key halves positions.
    Roosters scored 20 points in an 8 minute period starting 3 seconds from 1/2 time. They scored all 30 in a 25 minute period. Apart from the obvious controversy, credit to them and especially Carney, SKD and Pearce had the ability to take their chances. JWH really lifted them too.
    Yet our team dominated the first half and even in the second we were attacking deep in their area for long periods. They scored 14 points from breakout tries while we were on hot attack.
    I think the first half shows there's nothing wrong with our speed etc. Mentally we struggled when things went against us.

14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Umm, doesn't that mean we lacked grit?

15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    haha it might but it wasn't what I meant. I thought we lacked a bit of organisation, and maybe some belief, I don't think there was anything wrong with the effort. A couple of times in the second half we didn't seem to keep the same width or structure as the first. Maybe it needed Hodko and Foran to be taking charge a bit more. I'd love us to put 30 on in the 2nd half next week, it might make all the difference to our 2nd half mindset.

16. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Next week.
    No Snake, Wolf, Perry, Rodney,Hopoate, Whare
    Playing with major injuries Choc, King, Kite, Matai,Farrer
    Suspended Gift

Au Revoir 2010

17. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,409 / 130
    It's All Over Now, Baby Blue.

18. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Big deal we'll still win!