• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Aliens don't exist.

My preacher who teaches me about God and Jesus and his 12 deciples and Noah's ark and Moases tells me aliens are just imaginary stories.

Is there life elsewhere? I watched a show on the Hubble Telescope the other day and they decided to take a snapshot of a completely dark area of space, in fact the deepest photo they have taken. It was claimed that the image size was equivalent to the size of a grain of sand when looked at when holding your arm out. What did they find? About 1500 galaxies, each one containing over a billion suns. Somewhere out there are other critters.

Mata's point is pretty much it. God forbid our learning and understanding evolves.

Here you have a book that was written 2000 years ago. What was written about the Earth and how it arose was what many considered to be fact at the time. Now that that 'fact' has been pretty convincingly shown to be false, then the Church has looked at the facts and said \"yeah, you're right. But it's still a good story\".

That's the way I see it... but it would seem as though you're holding it to the regard that when it was written it should have been written with all of the facts (even though evolution wasn't even a possible thought back then).

Now having said that, there are a lot of factual elements to the Bible. It's historically recognised that there was a man by the name of Jesus that was causing enough of a ****storm to be executed. It's generally accepted that around the same time 'hell' was the name of what essentially was a dump in the middle of nowhere. On a less contentious point you have references to various leaders, locations and activities of the time... Now either you deny THOSE facts or you HAVE to agree that obviously, the book is part fact, part fiction. Well actually, YOU would have to argue that either God created the world in seven days OR that King Herod never lived (as you want to force the Bible to be all fact or all fiction). We'll give you a bone and let you agree that it can be both.

Finally, you have the problem that the Bible is not a book written by one person. It's a collection of 'books' and so now you seem to be implying that a collection of books must all be of the same genre, too.

[quote author=Dan]
You are not dealing with a modern or even clasically period novel or theory book...
For years, this book has been told to us as truth, as this is how it is.
[/quote]
And if it is a poem or a story?
It is still a poem or a story to describe FACT as the book sees it is lamen terms, so even so it still contradicts the teachings of the sciences discussed earlier.
[/quote]

Lest Dan forgets! :naughty:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4