Alexander Downer...really? Rudd is just on fire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Well I know the telegraph especially of late has had fairly heavy Labor flavour. but this article made me laugh

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22373545-29277,00.html

I was at a seminar yesterday with a prominent journalist from Time (forget his name) and he mentioned that should Rudd win he will be the first Western leader fluent in Mandarin.

Quite astounding really, given China's prominence on the world stage.

yeah I heard the same, and that is something I think that people should really understand and think about it.

It's going to make for good tidings in the future when he gets in. Seeing him in front of the audience on the news brought a smile to my face. I know exactly how hard it is to do business with Chinese/some asian nations and understanding their language shows a lot of respect in their culture

Good on Kevin Rudd getting to where he is.

I'm not a Labor voter (and was Liberal until 'recently') but I remember watching him on 'Sunrise' (I think it was) and thinking to myself "God help the Liberals if that guy ever becomes leader of that party".

Now I know that there have been a lot of things that have led to the current situation, but I still think he's done well for himself.

It's a shame that I'm unable to vote in this next election, apparently, though!

Classic pictures yesterday of Rudd speaking in Mandarin to a delegation including many Chinese, looking like a statesman. Howard looked so uncomfortable with the situation!!!

The media spin from this could hurt him more even though Bush has done everything he can to try and give him a leg up!!!

Interesting days.

Hopefully he will be able to ask them nicely not to invade our country when their aim for world domination begins.

Outside of FPS games and Hummers I don't get it. Music, Jerry Springer, the bible belt, NASA, basketball, Walt Disney, food, iPods, vacuous celebrity worship, etc are all military?

t doesn't surprise.

The labor party is communist anyway so of course Rudd would speak their lingo. He is probably a chinese spy ploting now to sell Australia to China in a huge takeover.

Obviousaly he wasn't talking about china's continued abuse of human rights or how they put poison paint on childrens toys and sold poison blankets to the world.

Who cares about that really?

Isnt it all about the economy. The Howard government has had 12 years to do something about Chinese Human Rights but instead tried to allign us economically with them.

Kevin Rudd will have a far greater success in doing this because he understands them culturally

Who cares about that really?

Isnt it all about the economy. The Howard government has had 12 years to do something about Chinese Human Rights but instead tried to allign us economically with them.

Kevin Rudd will have a far greater success in doing this because he understands them culturally

I would be more than happy for Rudd to go and live in China permamantly.

He is kidding if he thinks that being able to speak their language is going to make our relationship with China better. They will still treat him as a white person and try and rip him off.

It is the way that they have done it for centuries. We are amateurs at negotiating compared to the asian countries.

Is being ripped off by the Chinese any different to be used and ripped off by the USA????

Fairly simplistic view above really!!!

Expain how the USA is ripping us off?

They saved us in WW@ and we would expect them to again if necessary.

I couldn't imagine China helping us to defeat an invading army? They would be too busy digging up our minerals.

They saved us in WW@ and we would expect them to again if necessary.

They were at Milne Bay were they?

And they'd have been in the Coral Sea if Pearl Harbour didn't happen.

Dreamland.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7