Aiden Sezer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MightyEagles

Reserve Grader
Just read on News.com that Aiden Sezer has put contract negotiations with the Titans on hold. He's going down the line of "I just want to play some good footy first" Is he the 5/8 that we need next year??? Could it already be a done deal??? Hate to think that someone would lie to their employer or fans.

After watching him play on the weekend I don't think I want him now made to many errors and looks slower than foran. LETS see what Elgey does this weekend.

He's a bit of a rocks and diamonds player with more rocks than diamonds and does seem to pick up a few injuries. Hope we can come up with a better option.

About three weeks ago Sezer was annointed our saviour. All he had left to do was announce he was coming.

Since the doors opened for halves in 2016 have watched him play...or not play.
As an organiser - simply not good with options, decent step & individual skills - not great - plus kicking game average at best.
Tackling ok but again - even his defensive reads are off.
Problem is - with the quality players leaving, you want to hear names like Shaun Johnson to get excited but available halves are scarce for 2016....the best option imo was Michael Morgan who has now extended his Cows contract.
The Sandows & Alberts on offer will destroy the opposition 1 game out of 5, but you need solidarity & consistency in the spine or the team unravels....Maloney probably the next best option but not 100% sold as many 5/8 would look good at the Roosters.
Elgey could well be great with all the raving but keep in mind, many halves are talked up in QLd Cup & Holden Cup but fail to deliver in the NRL, worth a punt - on the cheap yes with who else is available.
Elgey/Maloney the best option for 2016

BRING BACK CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at 53 he's still probably better than most of the 5/8's running around in the NRL. Fitness might be a problem though.....
As long as the trainers bring him a couple of bungas every 10 mins he'll be sweet.

Since the doors opened for halves in 2016 have watched him play...or not play.
As an organiser - simply not good with options, decent step & individual skills - not great - plus kicking game average at best.
Tackling ok but again - even his defensive reads are off.
Problem is - with the quality players leaving, you want to hear names like Shaun Johnson to get excited but available halves are scarce for 2016....the best option imo was Michael Morgan who has now extended his Cows contract.
The Sandows & Alberts on offer will destroy the opposition 1 game out of 5, but you need solidarity & consistency in the spine or the team unravels....Maloney probably the next best option but not 100% sold as many 5/8 would look good at the Roosters.
Elgey could well be great with all the raving but keep in mind, many halves are talked up in QLd Cup & Holden Cup but fail to deliver in the NRL, worth a punt - on the cheap yes with who else is available.
Elgey/Maloney the best option for 2016
Maxta, I would say Maloney was pretty successful at the Warriors as well

Reasonable at NZ - again he suits that style of play - (hole running & support play) - imo the best 5/8 in the game in this aspect....offloads at Roosters have included SBW, JWH, Cordner,Guerra & so on, Warriors are born to offload, Manlys forwards more or less plough forward & the backs play off this.
As I stated still - better option than most but certainly need a contrasting half who organises the play to compliment his style - otherwise will end up with that band - No direction - the catch phrase in 2016

Just read on News.com that Aiden Sezer has put contract negotiations with the Titans on hold. He's going down the line of "I just want to play some good footy first" Is he the 5/8 that we need next year??? Could it already be a done deal??? Hate to think that someone would lie to their employer or fans.

"I just want to play some good footy" translates to....

Ive actually signed somewhere else, but lead everyone on saying that "I haven't signed". Then comes out in November and announces he is leaving because "he did what is best for his family"

Even at 53 he's still probably better than most of the 5/8's running around in the NRL. Fitness might be a problem though.....
No worries, during half time he'll just have a ciggy to regain his composure (or should it be regain his breath) and he will come home with a wet sail.

Great player for Manly and IMO the best 5/8 in his time.

Has he cut out the fags?

hes very average.
Elgey
Nikorima
Widdop
Maloney
Cornish
Rankin
Lolohea
and our own youth are all better options. we could get any one of these players if we go in hard for them

Kelly should withdraw our offer to Sezer. At least we know that's one thing Kelly has proved capable of.

I like him.He's got garbage on his outside to play too, and a makeshift half inside.
In saying that, my first choice would be Maloney.

I played against Cilffy two weeks ago in the national touch football tournament at Coffs Harbour in our age division.

Cliffy pulled his hammy in round 1. Was used sparingly to get his team though to finals day on day 4.

His team and my team both won our quarter finals and came up against each other in a knockout semi, with the winner to progress to GF.

He didn't play many minutes and was in serious pain and distress; but he was able to conjure 2 moments of magic; one try, diving fast and low under the feet of defenders and a try assist; a Cliffy special, soft hands, almost no-look high lolly pop pass with our defenders, mesmerised and stuck in the mud, watching Cliffy's outside man stroll over for a try.

We lost to Cliffy's team 3 tries to 1; he was the difference and he went on to win the GF. National title at 53. Was, and still is, a legend.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4