afew thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
JUst afew quick thoughts on tonihgts game,
I think T rex needs more game time,the guy is a big unit.
WE NEED A BETTER GOAL KICKING OPTION-Lyon takes the last kick,why wasnt he kicking all night?
THE REFEREEING WAS UTTER CRAP.
And can anyone tell me,cos i listened on the radio,did george rose push DCE?What happened there?

Bit gutted,but liked the way we came back and have been coming back in games this year.
Bring on next week.

We had some really rough calls go against us.

That said, we could have won this game clinically. I thought we started very nicely after scoring first. We came very close to scoring a 2nd try before the Cowboys had a point on the board. Cowboys only got home on an 8 minute period where they scored three trys.

Payne's try out of dummy half was extremely frustrating. Even more so because one of our players paid too much attention to shove Glenn Hall and made it possible for Payne to go through.

Bowen's final try was just unfortunate. Watching it live I thought it might have been called for an obstruction.

I thought our bench offered nothing and got showed up by a quality bench. Gee, how big are the Cowboys compared to us!! Gulavou has to play more minutes as a 2nd rower. Mauro was shown up tonight as very ordinary. Even Ferris didn't do much. Does Robbo ever take a bomb? Oldfield is going to be a gun on his natural side next year. T-Rex, oh yeah, that's what we like to see. Matai had a shocker, losing the ball at wrong times and going to sleep at marker. Glenn looked dangerous and playing very well. Just beat by a bettre team tonight. DCE is a worry, funny seeing an earlier thread bagging out Hodkinson. :cool:

Darren said:
I thought our bench offered nothing and got showed up by a quality bench. Gee, how big are the Cowboys compared to us!! Gulavou has to play more minutes as a 2nd rower. Mauro was shown up tonight as very ordinary. Even Ferris didn't do much. Does Robbo ever take a bomb? Oldfield is going to be a gun on his natural side next year. T-Rex, oh yeah, that's what we like to see. Matai had a shocker, losing the ball at wrong times and going to sleep at marker. Glenn looked dangerous and playing very well. Just beat by a bettre team tonight. DCE is a worry, funny seeing an earlier thread bagging out Hodkinson. :cool:

T-rex was off the bench and was awsome?
Big Joe aint an 80 min player but has been close to our best forward.
Mauro was OK.
Robbo is one of the safest players under a bomb I have ever seen.
Agree on oldfield.
T-Rex - refer to bench comment?
Matai was targeted - hardly surprising after last week.
Glenn has a shocker.
DCE doesn't worry me - great young player - improving every week.
Goal kicking should be left to Lyon.

Sorry mate - can't go with you on your call.

Jerry1 said:
Darren said:

T-rex was off the bench and was awsome?
Big Joe aint an 80 min player but has been close to our best forward.
Mauro was OK.
Robbo is one of the safest players under a bomb I have ever seen.
Agree on oldfield.
T-Rex - refer to bench comment?
Matai was targeted - hardly surprising after last week.
Glenn has a shocker.
DCE doesn't worry me - great young player - improving every week.
Goal kicking should be left to Lyon.

Sorry mate - can't go with you on your call.

A few more little dots points:

* I thought Joe spent way too long off the field.
* Matai to blame for the Payne try.
* Oldfield made up for some not so good play in the last 15 minutes. He could have possibly had a few more tries if his hands hadn't let him down on a few occasions.
* I'm also not convinced that our turn around in form late in the game was soley down to Lyon going to 6. Everyone lifted their effort and intensity in the last 20 minutes and it was sadly lacking for the majority of the game. If we played with that level of effort for most of the 80 minutes the poor reffing wouldn't have been a factor.

Just missing Joe who is going great, for a 2nd rower, not a prop, he is offf the padock alot, that puts extra pressure on other forwards. Choc etc plays 80 minutes a week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6