Adopt my dad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yep all sorted. Dad will be sitting with the MWTS

Thanks again Mark.

He should have a great time. Now I just need to get a hold of my mum to get his member number and book his seat on the bus

Maybe he was looking forward to night off, in his own company, and now his pesky son has organized a crowd? Bad luck dad ;0)

Shoe1 said:
Maybe he was looking forward to night off, in his own company, and now his pesky son has organized a crowd? Bad luck dad ;0)

haha no he wasn't. I know my Dad and he really wanted to go to the game, but no one really wanted to go due to other commitments, he would have enjoyed it by himself but he will enjoy this even more.

He always mentions one of his favourite games that we attended was against Souths at North Sydney years ago it what was essentially the battle for the spoon.
We sat smack bang in the middle of the hill there and the atmosphere was great. So I am hoping Dad gets to experience great atmosphere again in amongst the MWTS and I know he will be talking about it for years to come.

I wish I was still down there so that I could have gone with him. Going to the footy was always a thing my dad and I did together, ever since I was a kid, because none of my other brothers were as into it as I was. When I moved out, we always met up for games all over Sydney as well.

Anyway enough of the sob stories, I know he is going to love the experience, both being on the bus and being in a crowd with a good atmosphere. A win will top the night off.

so thanks to Mark and Vidmar for helping to get a ticket with the guys

Dan

Dan he'll have a ball....we'll probably convert him!!

They are mad, passionate, yelling, chanting.... and lunatics....so I hope he's not looking for a quiet night at the footy!!

Seriously though it is quite an experience to be amongst the MWTS, not for everyone but if you like atmosphere you'll get it in spades!!

He grew up going to the football in the UK, he knows about and loves atmosphere

Oh good then he'll feel right at home.

I must admit that for some it can be intimidating....if you just like going to the footy, sitting quietly, and just clapping when there's a try AVOID the MWTS group at all costs.

We get the occasional person(s) who come and say, thanks and appreciate the experience but not our cup of tea...and that's fine by us.

No one that's a member is any more passionate than the next person, but what we have done is given a heap of passionate people an opportunity to all sit together, travel together, play together and now it's a "must do" for most of them.

As I say mate he'll love the experience

Pass him on my mobile number and we can get him to join us before the game so we can teach him a few of the chants. As Bones said we met before the game upstairs at the Bavarian and will probably be meeting there again before the game.

@[Jono] pm me your number and i will pass it on to dad. Not sure if he will go to the pub first but ill let him know the option is there.

By the way, to me this thread shows what supporting Manly is about!

hahaha I'll say look out for the two most pissed guys you can see in the group. Odds on that is Bones and Cambo

Daniel said:
hahaha I'll say look out for the two most pissed guys you can see in the group. Odds on that is Bones and Cambo

So if some older guy asks me if my name is Bones or Cambo, I will now understand why, as I don't mind a quiet ale or ten.

I think Dad will be rather meek about meeting too many people

My third trip to Sydney in the last month or so & im back to Noosa on Sunday and wont be back down here for some weeks until mums place is on the market. Would like nothing more than to partner a cool dude like your dad to brookie Dan. If by some chance i can make it back in time to do so will let you know.

On current form I believe i have sh!t timing.

Tigers didnt worry me and neither do the Worriers. Manly onwards & upwards.

Hopefully the secco's lay off me next week.
We can be PC or we can create an atmosphere. We can't do both.

Daniel said:
See that bones my brother we have reputation on our side :)

Duff said:
Hopefully the secco's lay off me next week.
We can be PC or we can create an atmosphere. We can't do both.

Dan's Dad will have a top time and we'll make sure he will be sitting near those who will enjoy the craic.

Duff, I've got to disagree with your post above - PC has nothing to do with creating an atmosphere but constantly using abusive and offensive language or chants does.

I'm happy to take this off line and you have my details if you wish to discuss this but I received complaints from the club after the Melbourne game about the group you stand with, saw a well known poster on here who joined up with the MWTS spoken to by security after a drunken rant consisting of F's and C's in Bris, read the post about the person abusing the lady with her 2 kids in Gosford and then had 2 regular MWTS travellers decline tickets to sit with the group next week as they were not happy at the prospect of a repeat of the behaviour of a "group of drunken young men" at the game last Saturday.

This behaviour has only recently been an issue and is coming from a very very small minority - most of you know the culprits - I do and am not afraid to name and shame and take this further if need be.

I and others have spend a lot of time and effort and money in helping make it fun and safe to travel to games and many of us enjoy a few drinks but drunken hooliganism will not be tolerated from anyone.

Telling people to sit elsewhere or "harden up" is not the option - we are better than that and none of us wants to be labelled with the tags that other clubs supporters have in the past.

As you have posted elsewhere - we're Silvertails so let's behave that way eh?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2