Adding salt to the wound... NSW Cup team of the year.

TimandTom

To add salt to the wound of falling out of the finals, today the NSW Cup team of the year was announced with two former Sea Eagles being named as starting props...

1) Nathan Ross - (Newcastle Knights)
2) Bureta Faraimo - (Wentworthville Magpies)
3) Sami Sauiluma - (Mounties)
4) Asipeli Fine - (Wests Tigers)
5) Josh Mantellato - (Newcastle Knights)
6) Will Smith - (Penrith Panthers)
7) Michael Dobson - (Newcastle Knights)
8) Magnus Stromquist - (Wyong Roos)
9) Mitch Williams - (Wyong Roos)
10) Tim Robinson - (Cronulla Sharks)
11) Jake Foster - © (Mounties)
12) Raymond Faitala-Mariner - (NZ Warriors)
13) Ryan Simpkins - (Penrith Panthers)

14) Tyler Randell - (Newcastle Knights)
15) Shannon Wakeman - (Illawarra Cutters)
16) Sam Anderson - (Penrith Panthers)
17) Lachlan Burr - (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
18) Clinton Gutherson - (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

COACH: Rip Taylor (Wyong Roos)

PROPS – Magnus Stromquist and Tim Robinson

Every team needs a Magnus Stromquist! The former Manly NYC player has been nothing short of sensational for the Roos in 2014, and playing alongside of former Kangaroo Mark O’Meley has given Magnus the confidence to take his game to another level. Stromquist lead the league in hit ups and run metres with a staggering 420 runs and he also played in all 26 of the Roos games. And he didn’t just put his hand up to carry the ball, Magnus was also top ten in the league for tackles too. As for Tim Robinson, it was a tough season for last year’s Premiers however Robinson once again stood tall in the face of adversity. Robinson spent plenty of time in the NRL this season for obvious reasons but when he was in the VB NSW Cup side at Cronulla they won more games than they lost.

OUCH!

Give yourself an uppercut Tookey! If I was Magnus, I'd have better things to do than deal with people like you. Oh... And remember, sour grapes make the best wine... 1-NIL

Stromquist tries hard but is playing for Wyong for a reason. Robinson a good top 25 player but wouldn't be in the top team.

Go and have a look at images of Stromquist and you can see straight away why he is not NRL level; overweight and unfit. Josh Starling was NSW Cup player of the year last year, but at the very least can be considered an athlete.

Pepi said:
Stromquist tries hard but is playing for Wyong for a reason. Robinson a good top 25 player but wouldn't be in the top team.

Do you think the stats that Stromquist is putting up are false or are a mistake Pepi? He is playing in a team with no first graders dropping back and still dominating. The reason he is at wyong is that Williamson couldn't coach a **** out of an arse and that Dave Warwick is in serious need of a Golden Retriever, as he is definitely blind when it comes to talent... São and Co.??? I'm not seeing any current Sea Eagles named in the team...???

Personally I saw well done to Gutho for being selected at #18. He spent some time out injured and a couple of games in first grade.

For a team that didn't exactly shine all year its an achievement for him to be selected.

TimandTom said:
Pepi said:

Do you think the stats that Stromquist is putting up are false or are a mistake Pepi? He is playing in a team with no first graders dropping back and still dominating. The reason he is at wyong is that Williamson couldn't coach a ... out of an arse and that Dave Warwick is in serious need of a Golden Retriever, as he is definitely blind when it comes to talent... São and Co.??? I'm not seeing any current Sea Eagles named in the team...???

Who cares man. Take a look at the last 10 premiers in the NRL, and none of them had a strong NYC or NSW Cup team. These competitions are for teams filling their squad of 25 an overabundance of budget fringe first graders. With the salary cap as it is now, FG comps are won with strong and fit first 17 at the pointing end of the year, not some depth players to make up the numbers when the going gets tough. You're only choice is to roll the dice and hope you have your top squad fit at the right end of year if you are fair dinkum about winning a premiership.

Snake said:
Go and have a look at images of Stromquist and you can see straight away why he is not NRL level; overweight and unfit. Josh Starling was NSW Cup player of the year last year, but at the very least can be considered an athlete.

Ummm Snake??? I think you are playing with your Snake a little too much. I think you may have gotten something in your eye and impaired your vision HAHA... As I think you will find that Mitch Williams (Wyong Roos - GUN) not Starling, was NSW Cup player of the year 2013, so I don't think your judgement is a creditable one as, either or both, your vision and ability to read, stats or look up on last years NSW Cup player of the year are so far off the mark, may need to head to OPSM with Willo and Warwick... 2-NIL...

TimandTom said:
Snake said:

Ummm Snake??? I think you are playing with your Snake a little too much. I think you may have gotten something in your eye and impaired your vision HAHA... As I think you will find that Mitch Williams (Wyong Roos - GUN) not Starling, was NSW Cup player of the year 2013, so I don't think your judgement is a creditable one as, either or both, your vision and ability to read, stats or look up on last years NSW Cup player of the year are so far off the mark, may need to head to OPSM with Willo and Warwick... 2-NIL...

school holidays eh? I'll let this one slide. I meant prop of the year in NSW Cup, but anyway, I should lay off my Snake and I wouldn't make these mistakes....but seriously, fancy losing sleep over Stromquist, some tubby NSW Cup prop for Wyong; we could have used him last night, I hear he has a mean field goal on him :-/

Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Pepi said:

Do you think the stats that Stromquist is putting up are false or are a mistake Pepi? He is playing in a team with no first graders dropping back and still dominating. The reason he is at wyong is that Williamson couldn't coach a ... out of an arse and that Dave Warwick is in serious need of a Golden Retriever, as he is definitely blind when it comes to talent... São and Co.??? I'm not seeing any current Sea Eagles named in the team...???

Who cares man. Take a look at the last 10 premiers in the NRL, and none of them had a strong NYC or NSW Cup team. These competitions are for teams filling their squad of 25 an overabundance of budget fringe first graders. With the salary cap as it is now, FG comps are won with strong and fit first 17 at the pointing end of the year, not some depth players to make up the numbers when the going gets tough. You're only choice is to roll the dice and hope you have your top squad fit at the right end of year if you are fair dinkum about winning a premiership.

Sure your eye sight is up to having a LOOK, Snake? Maybe quitting whilst I'm ahead would be a good option for you...

TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Pepi said:

Sure you eye sight is up to having a LOOK Snake? Maybe quitting whilst I'm ahead would be a good option for you...

No chance of quitting mate, you wouldn't know being a troll and all, but I am a Manly fan, and I have bought into the club culture; never say die. I possess the ability to rise about immature insinuations about my sexual behaviours, and actually implore my opposition to continue offering ammunition, because I thrive on it! ;-)

Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:

school holidays eh? I'll let this one slide. I meant prop of the year in NSW Cup, but anyway, I should lay off my Snake and I wouldn't make these mistakes....but seriously, fancy losing sleep of Stromquist, some tubby NSW Cup prop for Wyong; we could have used him last night, I hear he has a mean field goal on him :-/

"Sleep of Stromquist"? I do think it's your ability to read/write/spell Snake that is lacking. God help you... I better stop. My mother did teach me not to pick on the less fortunate. My mistake, I apologise.

TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:

school holidays eh? I'll let this one slide. I meant prop of the year in NSW Cup, but anyway, I should lay off my Snake and I wouldn't make these mistakes....but seriously, fancy losing sleep of Stromquist, some tubby NSW Cup prop for Wyong; we could have used him last night, I hear he has a mean field goal on him :-/

"Sleep of Stromquist"? I do think it's your ability to read/write/spell Snake that is lacking. God help you... I better stop. My mother did teach me not to pick on the less fortunate. My apologise.

When in doubt, revert to grammar policing. Game, set, match!

He might not be one of the biggest names in the game but he has one of the best names in the game. Always seemed a wholehearted worker too. Good luck to Magnus. Maybe we'll give him another shot?

Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:

"Sleep of Stromquist"? I do think it's your ability to read/write/spell Snake that is lacking. God help you... I better stop. My mother did teach me not to pick on the less fortunate. My apologise.

Dear Snake, or Diddle as I now refer to you as. I think I was up 2 - NIL at last count... if you are wanting to keep score, so plenty of catching up to do... (Just like last night) and we have seen how good your culture is at that. Now if you want to start with facts... have a look at how strong some of the NYC teams (including Manly) and the star players which have gone on to the NRL, that is just for one. Two... Do you want to go back and see how many player from the NSW Cup TOTY, last year went on to play first grade this year... Do you really want me to continue... P.S I do look a little like a troll but for the record... have been closer than you have ever been to being in that club culture... 3 - NIL?

TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:

Dear Snake, or Diddle as I now refer to you as. I think I was up 2 - NIL at last count... if you are wanting to keep score, so plenty of catching up to do... (Just like last night) and we have seen how good your culture is at that. Now if you want to start with facts... have a look at how strong some of the NYC teams (including Manly) and the star players which have gone on to the NRL, that is just for one. Two... Do you want to go back and see how many player from the NSW Cup TOTY, last year went on to play first grade this year... Do you really want me to continue... P.S I do look a little like a troll but for the record... have been closer than you have ever been to being in that club culture... 3 - NIL?

"dear" Snake?
sorry Tommy I have a girlfriend, your love letters shall go unrequited from here on in. My humblest apologies :D

Seems I'm not alone.. Cheers for the support SeaEagleRock8 and flying sea eagle. Think the ego thing is totally not true, being in close contact with Magnus and several other Sea Eagles Players both past and present, I'm 100% sure that they would agree with me that his hard work and no nonsense approach on the field is back by a hardworking, humble, polite, well mannered young man off it. Far from the unhealthy ego in which you state...

Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:
TimandTom said:
Snake said:

"dear" Snake?
sorry Tommy I have a girlfriend, your love letters shall go unrequited from here on in. My humblest apologies :D

Again Snake "dear Snake" has a capital... e.g "Dear". Thanks for advising me of your "Girlfriend", I was worried about your sexual preference for a minute. Lets just hope she doesn't read the part about you playing with your snake. For your sake. Just stop playing with it... It will fall off when it is ready... P.S "Dear" is used to address, all kinds of letters, to all different kinds of people. The "Love" letters you send your girlfriend, when you get back to year 7 after school holidays, may also be addressed this way. Just for your information.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2