Addin Fonua Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Alcohol is a factor in 20% of all road fatalities and there have 1000+ deaths per annum on our roads all the way back to 1970. That translates to 4 or more per week. It also causes heartache to families and trauma to kids.

By your logic Liam Knight is 4x more culpable, statistically, than AFB.

Of course never mind that neither of them killed anyone. And lets not leave any room for forgiveness, or rehabilitation. Once a mongrel always a mongrel. Why stop at barring them from the NRL? Why not just take them out back and shoot them?
The main difference is the intent. Drink-driving is stupid, however there is no intent by the driver to harm others even though the likelihood of that happening is high.
Domestic violence, whether it's dished out by a sober person or an intoxicated person, is done with the intent to maim or kill.
Both crimes deserve harsh punishment.

Anyways he has been given 2 dates for a debut. Not too sure which one it will be. It's either against eels or the knights in April.

It will be interesting to see who he replaces in the team. At this stage I would presume either Starling or Lawrence.

I regularly speak to both men and women on this very subject, I freely admit (based on the numbers of those that reach out) it's predominately tougher on the women. That said, never kid yourself that it's 100% one way traffic because there's a hell of a lot of decent blokes out there who have had their lives torn asunder when all they've ever wanted was to be a good husband or parent.

The main difference is the intent. Drink-driving is stupid, however there is no intent by the driver to harm others even though the likelihood of that happening is high.
Domestic violence, whether it's dished out by a sober person or an intoxicated person, is done with the intent to maim or kill.
Both crimes deserve harsh punishment.

It has to be treated case by case. We have no idea what the circumstances were, or what the intent was, or what the damage was, in any of these cases. Forming blanket opinions of people just because they committed an offence that fits in to a particular category is pretty unfair. "Domestic violence" could refer to anything from a one off, out of character, slap in the heat of the moment right through to beating someone to death.

Mate you are a muppet!
This whole thing got so out of hand.
Addin didn't actually beat her, and he was advised to plead guilty by the nrl to save his career. He had to play park footy for the year and have to complete courses. He is happily still with the same girl and they just had their 2nd child together.

Addin has made a big change in attitude and making good with his footy.

This "scum" will be making his debut end of April so "enjoy" watching His long career with manly
Mate good on you for being supportive of a family member.

But as someone who has seen someone I was really close to be on end of domestic violence I have zero tolerance and have no respect for people who inflict that kind of abuse on a partner.

What you say maybe correct however you wouldn't think that someone charged with kicking his partner would seek advice from family members and not be pressured to pleading guilty of a crime they didn't commit so I'm sorry while I commend your loyalty I think we should agree to disagree. If he didn't kick her why plead guilty.

I've supported this club along time but I won't watch a game while he plays for manly in first grade.

People wil probably hammer me for saying that but when you grow up and your earliest childhood memories are seeing you mum cop flogings some blokes wouldn't take you tend to have the strong opinions I have about domestic violence.

The only thing in my past posts in this thread I would take back are the acl injury comments everything else I stand by 1000%

Last edited:
Mate you are a muppet!
This whole thing got so out of hand.
Addin didn't actually beat her, and he was advised to plead guilty by the nrl to save his career. He had to play park footy for the year and have to complete courses. He is happily still with the same girl and they just had their 2nd child together.

Addin has made a big change in attitude and making good with his footy.

This "scum" will be making his debut end of April so "enjoy" watching His long career with manly
Awesome to here mate love watching addin in nsw cup and he is a real beast hope your right with debut in April although I'd like to see him in the side sooner rather than later. Is he going to play for NZ in test footy or is he going to play for Aus and the blues! I hope he plays for the blues they need a young enforcer! And welcome to the silvertails

Awesome to here mate love watching addin in nsw cup and he is a real beast hope your right with debut in April although I'd like to see him in the side sooner rather than later. Is he going to play for NZ in test footy or is he going to play for Aus and the blues! I hope he plays for the blues they need a young enforcer! And welcome to the silvertails

Hopefully it all goes well and plays then as well. We are all waiting for the word when. Last we talked about it after the jr kiwi test he was giving his senior Alliance to Australia and the blues.

I had a mate go through a difficult divorce and child custody battle.

The stuff she said in court was horrendous, only to say some years later that " it suited her needs" at the time.

Just about busted my mate, he was close to suicide but got past that ( just).

She poisoned her girls minds about their father and as a result he didn't get to see them for years.

She pissed off with another bloke, had more kids AND did the same thing again, only Karma bit her on the arse when her first kids started to see through her and testified against her.

I know heaps of women get a tough life , I have two daughters so don't think I'm anti female BUT I don't think at times it's a level playing field.

It's an all too familiar story Mark. I have a 23 year old son who hasn't spoken to me in 10 years because his mother hates my guts.

Children make great pawns it seems.

Mate good on you for being supportive of a family member.

But as someone who has seen someone I was really close to be on end of domestic violence I have zero tolerance and have no respect for people who inflict that kind of abuse on a partner.

What you say maybe correct however you wouldn't think that someone charged with kicking his partner would seek advice from family members and not be pressured to pleading guilty of a crime they didn't commit so I'm sorry while I commend your loyalty I think we should agree to disagree. If he didn't kick her why plead guilty.

I've supported this club along time but I won't watch a game while he plays for manly in first grade.

People wil probably hammer me for saying that but when you grow up and your earliest childhood memories are seeing you mum cop flogings some blokes wouldn't take you tend to have the strong opinions I have about domestic violence.

The only thing in my past posts in this thread I would take back are the acl injury comments everything else I stand by 1000%

You obviously have strong opinions on the subject so I rather let it go. End of the day I won't be losing sleep you not watching the games. I'm sure there are 100's will have the same opinions as you. Addin is doing this to provide for his family and make a fresh start in life and that's what I'm supporting.
There some good influences in the team at the moment who have taken him under their wing, And I can see that has help him a lot with changing for the better.

Myles will never be dropped, he should be, but won't be. We will need to drop either lussick Lawrence or starling

Myles will never be dropped, he should be, but won't be. We will need to drop either lussick Lawrence or starling
Maybe not.... but he might be sore.

That being said AFB could be something the big unit.

Myles will never be dropped. As much as it pains me to see him stroll into the defensive line but he gets the numbers somehow. But for some reason i think his intensity will pick up when it get to the pointy end of the season.
Cant drop Vave as he has really stood up coming off the bench.
Tough decision to be made but I'm really looking forward to see him in FG.

Agreed mate. No way Myles will be dropped. It should be Lussick. He did not offer enough against the Warriors; only 62 m and 11 tackles (admittedly only over 31 minutes). This is not good enough for a prop forward.

Regarding the stats that people love to quote. Does that include the uncontested runs that props make when they receive a kick off or a drop out? If so, it totally skews the amount of metres gained because it should only be once they meet the defensive line.

It's so obvious why we bought Myles. Certainly not for his footballing prowess. I watched him closely on the weekend coz I thought I was being a bit unfair but no, he did absolutely nothing. He is well past his prime so I'm sure dropping him won't hurt DCE's feelings.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4