1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addin Fonua-Blake

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Just read that we are looking at signing him, 19yo forward who was sacked by the Dragons at the beginning of the year for alleged assault of his partner

Anybody seen him play ?

2. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Don't want grubs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    We've been in the spotlight to much recently don't need dramas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,599 / 63
    Apparently he is a gun...

5. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    Junior kiwi with heaps of potential to play GF

We lack mongrel so maybe either him or Meehan or jamil Hpoate will come through for us eventually

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    maybe the sort of player we need when we play the womens teams. The sort of player the wont take a backward step and stamp his authority. Not so sure about the rest of the games in the year though.

7. Jase Seaeagle

Jase Seaeagle Active Member

Central Queensland
    Ratings:
    +167 / 15
    Just what we need more Bad Publicity

8. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 47
    Violence against woman is the one thing I can't stand. Shows how much of a man your not. I'm all for signing the best up and coming players and giving players second chances but hitting woman is simply the lowest act. He is way behind the 8 ball already in my books.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Its a low act but pedos, rapists etc are lower

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Convicted in April for common assault - so he would be useful if Manly wanted an unsuspecting, small framed player assaulted on the field :mad:

There has to be a character reference added to NRL contracts soon. Watching criminals is unapealing to most :cool:

Next story will be on his religous conversion blah, blah blah :wondering:

11. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,633 / 113
    I hope we have signed him and give him a chance. judge him on what he does in the next couple of years. I am sure many of you have kids who have made mistakes. If they aren't smart enough to learn from those mistakes and move forward well that is a different story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. KeithSheldon

KeithSheldon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +694 / 38
    People make mistakes, everyone deserves a second chance and this guy is no different.

If he screws up again though he should get a 1 year suspension from the NRL, minimum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    You aren’t suggesting women are helpless inferior beings, by any chance?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    If they aren't smart enough to work out that you simply don't hit on women, then what raft of other mistakes are we going to see/find out about.

I don't care how good they are, there are simply lines that sporting clubs need to serious about and remove players on the basis of those actions.

DV, physical or otherwise, is one.

We are continually asked as a code to send a message, so lets get serious. By all means, if they are in the system, support their transition back to regular work. Tee 'em up with a trade, get 'em on a building site or send them back to further education. Just make it clear that they are 5-10 years away from the bright lights of professional sport in this code/country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    You think domestic violence is only perpetrated by men who ‘aren’t smart’?

You do realise most DV does not get reported?

And for real stars, clubs will go to great lengths to ‘protect their investment’…

All very well to draw a line in the sand but it seems the line you are drawing is cosmetic and has nothing to do with stamping out the conditions under which DV is at epidemic proportions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    I'd be happy if we passed on signing ANYONE coming off a conviction. Happy for guys to get a second chance*, just not at Manly.

*Also that second chance doesn't need to be in the NRL. Go work a normal job so you can see the opportunity you've blown by being a dickhead. Then if you're deemed rehabilitated, get let back into footy. If you do it again though - life ban.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 47
    Serious ?

• Like Like x 2
  18. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    Im sure im not alone in thinking that the anti violence against women movement is missing something. That something is that while violence against women IS wrong its That ALL violence is wrong. To me by banging on about violence against women being wrong is in some way saying that violence against men ( mano a mano / one punch kng hits) is less of an abhorrence than man on women violence. If we were all against violence in all its forms, would that not send a better message that focusing on a particular form of violence?
    We must as a society send one (1) strong message that violence is not the answer.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    All violence is wrong but as with all things there are degrees of wrongness. I think violence against women/kids is higher up the wronger scale then M/M. Each one is an issue that needs to be addressed as a singular issue. King hits got given special legislative attention to deter drunk ****wits doing it. Domestic violence and violence against kids should again carry separate penalties in line with the lowness of the act.

My preference though is zero tolerance across the board + mandatory sentences but lawmakers lack the cajones for that type of a leap...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    No I disagree. Are there degrees of being pregnant? And there degrees of being a rapist? The message needs to be ALL VIOLENCE IS WRONG. NO ACCEPTIONS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1