Adam Docker worth a Go??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Seems to have gone missing in 2015 (injuries or fallen out of favour) but always rated this bloke as a gun defender, who is renowned for his crunching tackles & massive workrate.
Not a matchwinning attacking player, but defence in the ruck, particularly as the game quickens is a massive advantage - with the bonus of making the opposition wary at all times after nursing ribs.
Personally was hoping to sign the big bustling player to bend the line & add impact to a hard working pack, but at the right price Docker could prove great value - would he be a good fit at Manly??

We already have a few of those. Unfortunately some of them have been told to look elsewhere.

Standing by now for an 'Adam Docker linked to Manly' story from Weidler/Rothfield/Ritche.

Thanks Maxta.

He is definitely worth a go. Agree that one monster forward is what need most. Most packs have one giant these days.

We seem to be assembling a bunch of 80 minute guys for 3 back row spots, which will see them all not playing 80 minutes I guess.

Docker hits like a train, but lacks the size for front row, Penrith played him there a few times but looks to small to be up front.... If we were after a back rower that plays hard we should have targeted carter.... This kids another Greg bird mould, plays hard with aggression and would of come really cheap..... We already have Jamie and Leary which are both 80min back rowers on the smallish side.

Docker hits like a train, but lacks the size for front row, Penrith played him there a few times but looks to small to be up front.... If we were after a back rower that plays hard we should have targeted carter.... This kids another Greg bird mould, plays hard with aggression and would of come really cheap..... We already have Jamie and Leary which are both 80min back rowers on the smallish side.
And Brown.

Not sure what he would add to our current squad. I think money would be better spent elsewhere

With Horo, hasson, sao, chee leaving, possibly starling and probably mason there is room for a player like docker. Has had his injuries but is still young and can add impact off the bench. Big and mobile and hits hard

Who would you suggest Docker replaces?
Theres a few on the way out come 2016 Tookey & I think though Buhrer, Leary, Brown share similar styles - Docker is that tougher mould who adds that hitman in defence these 3 don't....
Maybe a player who like many before him, grows into a far better player at Manly & would push for a spot in the 17....where?? Who knows - depends on form - but compared to a few who have been in the side in 2015, would get a go imo.

he goes good, hits hard and could provide a real spark/lift in defense - imagine him and skivvy pulling off consecutive hits!! remember he was talked about as a potential origin player not so long ago...

out of the "penrith 3" (api, lewis and docker) - i think he has the most potential to turn into a game changer. lewis brown is a hard worker with a great work ethic and you sort of know what you get with api - very skilful, docker has some potential to surprise and thats always a good thing - he wants to get his game back on track, lets hope his worst injuries are behind him, obviously the coach sees something useful in him otherwise he wouldn't have signed if he didn't envisage him playing serious minutes.

remember spud carroll was known mainly as a hit man before he came to us and he developed a nice little offload - if the game changes to 6 then 4 interchanges he will be the archetype front rower

We already have a few of those. Unfortunately some of them have been told to look elsewhere.

Standing by now for an 'Adam Docker linked to Manly' story from Weidler/Rothfield/Ritche.

Thanks Maxta.
Docker is a punishing defender and we lack intimidating defenders in our pack and that is why some of our forwards are told to look elsewhere

Never really played 80 minutes in the backrow and doesn't have a high enough work rate imo. Yes he could pull off the odd big hit but when you have a limited attacking game you gave to be a high volume defender and he is not. As HH mentioned above the reduction in interchange makes should be a big factor when we are talking about player signings and I just think there are too many question marks against him to bring him to Brookie. Its a no from me.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4