1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam Cuthbertson

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Alco_m, May 18, 2007.

1. Alco_m

Alco_m Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stoked to see that with the loss of players to origin Cuthbo gets a run. Last year Cuthbo had a shocker against the Broncos, up in Queensland. So its time to make things right. GO CUTHBO!
    :yeah:

2. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Good thread. Hope he is allowed to run nice and wide and doesn't end up playing prop. Let hall do that.

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    He is due for a run being 18th man enough this season - I like Cuthbo, he blew a good chance last season by having a shocker.

Good luck big fella

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he will play out of position at prop again.

dont ask me why

5. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Why is that ?

I'd play him in position, he's much better there.

You've made a bad choice there Fluff.

He deserves his shot.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    His own profile on MSE states that he is a prop and he seems to think it is his best spot.

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'm not sold on Cuthbertson as a front rower . He plays good, but only in spurts imo. He needs to consistently go hard to get a look in. He's tall but with that skinny leg look, kind of like King last year. He needs to model his game on Beaver's to get noticed. Lock perhaps.

8. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep, he's been given another chance. Let's hope for his sake that he grabs it with both hands this time.

Good Luck to him.

9. DVS Matt

DVS Matt Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Used to play junior footy with Cuthbo back in the day for Avalon.

He used to be plain podgy. Good to see he got his act together. But his problem used to be that he didn’t like to put in, he just showed up, did what he had to do and then left.

I hope that isn’t something that is now plaguing his NRL career, as he has plenty of talent as a BACK ROWER. Would be a shame to see it going to waste in PL.

10. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Probably showed again that he isn't quite up to it.

11. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Nope, IMO he's done his dash. If he can't do it now he never will. Time to move onto the next prospect for mine.

Average at best tonight.

12. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Que ?

I thought he added more in attack than Bryant, Hall or Rose tonight. His offloads add another dimension to our play that is much needed and is worth sticking with until it all comes good. This also covers for Ox's lack of creativity & frees Kingy up to play 5/8.

13. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Yeah I was disapointed with him.

14. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Why is Des so insistent in maintaining him in the middle of the ruck? He's best as stated earlier running wide in combination with centres.

That's why my joke was created about him on the wing. Canteen Worker and I were sitting there, and I commented that he should play wing he was running so wide - and he was dominating there.

Des surely has improved the majority of players at this club, but with Cuthbo, I unfortunately think he has done him a mis-justice.

15. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    he looked poor to start with when he played as a prop just as i said he would.

When he started running a little wider and more free flowing the offloads came and he created second phase play, something that our backs would love to see more of. Not much worse than Bryant or Rose as a prop, better than Hall as a backrower.

16. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I thought Bryant went ok tonight.. George Rose was hmmm ok I guess and Hall was crap.

I think Des is getting the picture with willo.. he seemed to keep him off for a long time and had Ballin in the backrow and Mona's at hooker.. did anyone else notice that??

17. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I certainly noticed that Ballin was on at the end with Monas. We look so much better with Ballin at rake - both defensively and in attack. Ballin is not big enough to play 2nd row though.

I thought Cuthbo started poorly but improved - maybe nerves. His second phase balls were generally good, though defensively he is not strong. Bryant was very good tonight and Hall is just plain solid.