Adam Cuthbertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have always been one of Young's biggest critics. How they won a comp whilst Young was playing any part of the game in Hooker I will never know.

For a hooker he has some of the worst passing and catching skills I have ever seen.

I personally think that Hooker is one of the most underrated positions on the field. A good hooker like Smith and Ballin can drive a game forward and really does a lot more of the play direction than most other players.

When we had Mr Randall in the position his passes ended up above peoples heads, the same with Dunley, although I did like Dunley. They were quick at getting the ball out but their accuracy was terrible, which meant our forward had to stop their run reach for the ball then meet the line.

Young hasn't got those skills, and even in the backrow he seems to get in the way.

His defence is pretty solid however and I guess that is why he gets to keep his spot.

The Dragons have a lot of overrated players, but as a team they seem to do well, there is a lot of fight in that dog.

I thought Mullen was one of the better Knights players. I mean, he could've passed to Gidley but instead kept the ball to score a try.

Great game for round 1 and also in the wet. Felt like a mid season game to me.

FFS you lost are tough judges

Week 1 is pretty early to make a call on a team

DSM5 said:
That's unfair Stevo. Cuthbo certainly showed his skills, and Tahu his inner demons. What is it with the guy? Why such aggro? Gidley was clueless. A penalty in the first minutes and you go for the goal? Says something to the opposition. Buderus is just old. Sad really.

Why is it unfair for me to hope Matai gives it to Tahu the grub?

DSM5 said:
Buderus, MOM? you are kidding. He was off the pace all night. If the Druggos had of won, then MOM would have been Fa'aoso. He went forward and hard all night and made his tackles. I thought Hornby winning the 9 MOM was a bit rich. Soward was better.

Buderus cut open St George a few times with his dummy half runs. His team mates were no where to be seen. He also made a game high 42 tackles and didn't even play the whole game. He did his job. Granted, so did Fa'aoso. Pitty about the rest of the team.

Can anyone remember the name of that young bloke from saints with the headband...they commented that he looked like Nathan Long.

Seemed to me like an honest toiler who enjoys rolling his sleeves up and getting stuck in, I'm not to keen on the saints (or any other team for that matter) but it's good to see a young bloke having a go.

Jack De Belin from Cootamundra played a game or two last year.

Picked him in my fantasy teams, he seems nice and tough (maybe he shouldnt be at the Dragons).

Edit:spelling

bob dylan said:
Jack De Belin from Cootamundra played a game or two last here.

Picked him in my fantasy teams, he seems nice and tough (maybe he shouldnt be at the Dragons).

Thanks Bob, for the life of me I couldn't remember his name. If he was a cheapie....looks like a good buy for your fantasy team.

Unbelievable to read some of these critiques after the 1st game of the year, might steer clear of here Sunday and Monday if it is any indicator ;)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Unbelievable to read some of these critiques after the 1st game of the year, might steer clear of here Sunday and Monday if it is any indicator ;)

Just wait until Silvertails Survivor starts up. I may have to add a "comment feature" so users can justify their selections in survivor

Sorry Stevo, I thought your 'Matai' post was comparing him with Tahu. You really should expand your comments rather than leave it to others to figure it out. Tahu is a complete lunatic, Matai is just a very hard man. Did anyone see the injury to Cooper?

It didn't look too bad but you can never really tell. Inglis is supposed to be back this week which amazed me. Hayne also.

EagleRock40 said:
Stevo said:
The young ranga from the Knights was impressive too.

Agree Stevo, Alex McKinnon. I though he was a centre but now looks to be playing back row. He will eventually wear 13.

McKinnon didn't do a great deal, but the otehr ranga Joel Edwards is a little beauty I reckon.

I thought Buderus looked off the pace a bit last night, but its the first game of the season and his first playing in the NRL for a few years and it will take him a little while to get back into the swing of it.

Writing teams off after one game is ridiculous. We hardly set the world on fire in round 1 last year and looked what happened.

clontaago said:
Dont forget Hornby's kick off to start the game......

How bout cuthbo returning it off the next kick off like a man possessed then soiling himself a meter before the defensive line n stopping

Cuthbertson didn't have the greatest game but I wouldn't write him off... He did well for us.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6