Action demanded on Brookvale oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Time for Penn to push hard for the brookie upgrade and make it happen. Playing out of SFS will kill the mighty club.

I love going to Brookie.

But is the limited capacity a problem if the club has plans to grow ?

I'm not promoting a move....I think we need a Brookie with 30,000 capacity.

The Penn's have already got a rail station in NYC so a footy park in God's country should be a cinch.

BIC Stadium with a big biro that spurts a maroon gush of ink (raspberry flavour) every time a point is scored on the Family Hill! The kids would love it.

Big Willie "Wonka" could open it!

The issue of Brooky as our home ground needs to be resolved quickly.

We have had a decade of speculation. Ideas , promises andall we have in reality is minor changes.

We are so far behind other clubs on value for money and match day experience.

The ground must have a 30k capacity if we are to be there long term. The farce we face every semis where if we qualify play home games at the SFS lol.

If we are taking 2 games away from Brooky can we have alternatives to Gosford. Consider a Sydney derby on a public holiday so the club can cash in.

As I said earlier its not about what the owners say but what they do!!

This year there was 4 games taken away from Brookie when you consider the two semis.

The atmosphere at the last game was great but comfort and service level was circa 1978. If only the beer prices were also pegged to '78 there would be less complaints

sheridanstand78 said:
The issue of Brooky as our home ground needs to be resolved quickly.

We have had a decade of speculation. Ideas , promises andall we have in reality is minor changes.

We are so far behind other clubs on value for money and match day experience.

The ground must have a 30k capacity if we are to be there long term. The farce we face every semis where if we qualify play home games at the SFS lol.

If we are taking 2 games away from Brooky can we have alternatives to Gosford. Consider a Sydney derby on a public holiday so the club can cash in.

As I said earlier its not about what the owners say but what they do!!

Agree on our Gosford "home" games, even though I attend most of our matches there. It appeared that we had a strategy of trying to win over new fans on the Central Coast by playing regular games there but it hasn't worked. Our crowds have been falling away at Gosford over the past couple of years. I don't understand why we haven't played the Knights at Central Coast Stadium for a long time as they would be the natural fit.

Under the Sticks said:
This year there was 4 games taken away from Brookie when you consider the two semis.

The atmosphere at the last game was great but comfort and service level was circa 1978. If only the beer prices were also pegged to '78 there would be less complaints

And full strength beer sold for the duration of first grade.... :mad:

What do you expect the Penns to do - spend $30-M of their own money for the upgrade? And for what reason? It will still be owned by the Council.
No. Brookvale Oval has to become a State Government asset and used for a variety of events, such as concerts. There is not one decent venue on the north side of Sydney. It is a disgrace that all us on the north side of Sydney Harbour have to travel miles whenever a major event is staged.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4