Accomodation Manly Home Games 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would you fans that live in the Manly area be able to tell us country and interstate fans the best places to stay when we can get up to home games.
I am aware of the Travelodge, which is perfectly located but often they are booked out.
Thanks everyone.

There isn't really much motel style accomodation around there mate. There are more expensive Hotels toward Manly if you're so inclined. Google it my friend!

Where are you located Earnie???

And ever thought about joining one of my MWTS packages when we go away to other places??? (do you even know who the MWTS are???)

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Manly+accomodation&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7_____en&redir_esc=&ei=SzqqTtnwE8aViQeQvPTLDw

Mark from Brisbane said:
Where are you located Earnie???

And ever thought about joining one of my MWTS packages when we go away to other places??? (do you even know who the MWTS are???)

Goulburn NSW Mark, yeh I would be interested in that and no, I don't know who MWTS are.
To get to a game at Brookie, I normally come up by train and stay at the Travelodge but the cost is blowing out now to around $500 a game.

Stevo said:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Manly+accomodation&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7_____en&redir_esc=&ei=SzqqTtnwE8aViQeQvPTLDw

Thanks Stevo

I stay at the Hilton or the Swissotel in the City and catch the bus from the QVB, about a 2 minute walk. Bus drops you right back there after the match.

North Sydney is a nice stay also. It's probably a good feeling waliking around there after a good win in Manly clobber too!

The Parkway Hotel I believe is a bit cheaper than Manly or the Travelodge, it's in Frenchs Forest so not too far from the ground (about 20 -30 mins by bus), but don't expect quality from what I've heard about the place.

It was rumored that they used to hire out rooms by the hour during the day, to cater for the many workers around Frenchs Forest.

Try http://www.check-in.com.au/Hotels/Place_Hotels.asp?iproductid=5864&iAd=26886302778&gclid=CNeDncXXiqwCFYZLpgodGyDImA

or newport Mirage

http://www.newportmirage.com.au/

Earnie the MWTS stands for the "Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters".

There's between 400-500 people that come on a regular basis to away games.

Now that doesn't mean we get 500 at a game, we don't, but we can get 100-150 for the away form Sydney games, and sometimes more than that for games in Sydney (ie the Panthers etc)

Sometimes we get much smaller numbers, 20-30, Townsville is usually the smallest in number.

MWTS members usually stay together, play (up) together, go to and from the games together and always sit with each other. It's actually like one big happy family!!

We have even had a marriage, recently an engagement and another two look to be getting close to some annoucement. Not that everyone is looking for a soul mate BUT it's just amazing how it does bring like minded people together.

Flags and banners prevail, so if you see signs like "Push it Up Manly" and "No one likes us we don't care" at an away game that's usually the MWTS...they are always the loudest chanters...we even have our own song (it's about a Garden Shed).

If you are on Facebook there's a dedicated page, we have almost 600 members on that, so hop on, like the page and joihn in the banter. Also check out some of videos, some great stuff there.

Really it's just about having fun and as a group of fans and at away games...when at Brookvale these guys sit or stand with their mates...but when they go to away games they are the MWTS.

That's it in a nutshell

If you'd like to be added to the MWTS mailing lost to find out more e-mail me, my address is below.

Our next two trips will be WCC in Leeds, followed by Round 1 in New Zealand.

Cheers

Earnie the Eagle said:
I am aware of the Travelodge, which is perfectly located but often they are booked out.
Thanks everyone.

just plan ahead- i was able to book a room for round 25 at the travelodge with no worries this year.
the wife enjoyed it so much that i got her a 3 game membership for next year & we will be staying there each time we go down(upgraded myself to a 10 game pass so i can go down without her as well:D)

Do yourself a favour Earnie and get in contact with Mark...I can't speak highly enough of the terrific job he did with his grand final package...
You'll get to meet a bunch of some fabulous Manly fans...everybody were so friendly and welcoming to me on my trip over from Perth for the GF...
Go for it mate and definitely give him a call.
I can guarantee you will have a fantastic time...

I agree Sambo. Earnie, Mark does a fantastic job with taking care of all the formalities with these trips. A lot of us create the entertainment on the day but thanks to Mark all we have to do is pay the money and turn up. He works out the rest. As a professional travel agent as well we know we're in good hands.

Actually had a fleeting thought last night Mark, what will happen when you retire? lol

It IS but thought that might confuse him.

Earnie it's actually called SupportAHS....rymes with WarrinGAH

Although we have adopted Supporters on the Facebook page so people can find it easily.

sambo said:
Do yourself a favour Earnie and get in contact with Mark...I can't speak highly enough of the terrific job he did with his grand final package...
You'll get to meet a bunch of some fabulous Manly fans...everybody were so friendly and welcoming to me on my trip over from Perth for the GF...
Go for it mate and definitely give him a call.
I can guarantee you will have a fantastic time...

Thanks for that, those comments are much appreciated

Jono said:
I agree Sambo. Earnie, Mark does a fantastic job with taking care of all the formalities with these trips. A lot of us create the entertainment on the day but thanks to Mark all we have to do is pay the money and turn up. He works out the rest. As a professional travel agent as well we know we're in good hands.

Actually had a fleeting thought last night Mark, what will happen when you retire? lol

A few years left in me yet Jono BUT to be honest I think I'd still love doing this even in retirement...great bunch of poeple and I'd be sort of lost a bit without the contact.

But yes given my age (only afew years until 60)....it will be sooner rather than later!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Would you fans that live in the Manly area be able to tell us country and interstate fans the best places to stay when we can get up to home games.
Thanks everyone.
Brookie always has L90 express bus right outside the Main Gates(same side) waiting to fill up and take you back to Central. This has a YHA right at the last stop, also a lot of good Backpackers around there. Google 'Haymarket budget accom' .
I hope that you catch the express buses from the corner of Eddy Ave (Country Trains) and George Street (L88 L90) these stop only at Warringah Mall. The walk to Brookie is only 5 mins north.
Save your money and go on a MWTS to Melb or Qld :)

And when you go to Leeds on mark's trip,you get met at Manchester airport by a bloke on here called "mybluedog",who has a pint can of beer in his hand at 1130 in the morning.That sort of sets the tone for the trip....lol.He won't mind me having the little dig-I always remind him.He'll bite back and say Im pretty handy with the schooner glass myself.Thats the sort of camaraderie the "supportahs" have developed.Thanks Mark-my liver hates you.....lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2