ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rambo1987 said:
If Dank does get cleared for this, he will be very rich man after he finishes with all his law suits.

Was thinking the same thing, could make the Gillard government look even stupider than it already is

Just read a transcript of the Dank interview, and in the spirit of 1+1=3 there is an interesting statement about his time at Manly

"We used a lot of supplements to be honest, no different to any club - vitamins, protein powders, amino acids. We used calves blood there during the time but that was no different to what else was around and appropriate to sport at the time."

The last few words are interesting, "at the time" so it may transpire that we took supplements that have since been banned but weren't "at the time" making them "appropriate"

@BradWalterSMH: Manly condemn the use of illegal performance enhancing substances but unaware of any players using them. http://t.co/P71KQGvQ

Sea Eagles General Manager David Perry said the club would continue to fully cooperate with the ACC, the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) and the National Rugby League.

The NRL has informed the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles that the club was the subject of intelligence gathering by the Australian Crime Commission.

“The Sea Eagles condemn unreservedly any use of illegal performance-enhancing substances by players,” Mr Perry said.

“We are unaware of any use of illegal performance enhancing substances by any member of the Sea Eagles squad.”

“We are complying fully with all requests from the NRL, ASADA and the ACC, with Deloittes already visiting the club last week to gather information pertaining to our sports science program.”

The club will not make any further comment until it has consulted with both the ACC and ASADA.

Rambo1987 said:
If Dank does get cleared for this, he will be very rich man after he finishes with all his law suits.

And his business will be more popular than ever due to all this free advertising he has been getting.

Good reply from Dave Perry. Being 'named' in a report doesn't mean anything unless there's substantial proof of any allegation. Taking
Enhances that are not on the banned list, like calves blood, is not a crime. Perspective is needed in this discussion. I wouldn't be running around slashing my wrists until the writs are served.

Well I'm guessing our Deloitte audit is completed, and we should find out soon enough of their findings, that's if they decide to release it

On the flip side "subject of intelligence gathered" would seem to indicate something a bit more than Dank simply working at the club.You dont need to gather intelligence to know he worked at our club.

I wonder how this will work across the clubs.Will a player who has prima facie case against him be stood down immediately or will clubs have blokes going round who are being seriously investigated/ prosecuted and not stood down until found guilty.The former will probably happen but who knows-this is entirely new ground for everyone.

voicefromthehill said:
Just read a transcript of the Dank interview, and in the spirit of 1+1=3 there is an interesting statement about his time at Manly

"We used a lot of supplements to be honest, no different to any club - vitamins, protein powders, amino acids. We used calves blood there during the time but that was no different to what else was around and appropriate to sport at the time."

The last few words are interesting, "at the time" so it may transpire that we took supplements that have since been banned but weren't "at the time" making them "appropriate"

Peptides weren't banned until Dank left so it is possible that we took them, so even if we were found to be taken peptides before 2011 nothing will happen since they were legal

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Rambo1987 said:

Was thinking the same thing, could make the Gillard government look even stupider than it already is

Not a government issue despite the amateur display last week.

It's the media outlets making allegedly false accusations about what Dank was doing out of his office, passed as fact during the void of information post-announcement.

There is a reason the outlets are not allowing comments on any story related to this, in their online presence.

susan said:
On the flip side "subject of intelligence gathered" would seem to indicate something a bit more than Dank simply working at the club.You dont need to gather intelligence to know he worked at our club.

I wonder how this will work across the clubs.Will a player who has prima facie case against him be stood down immediately or will clubs have blokes going round who are being seriously investigated/ prosecuted and not stood down until found guilty.The former will probably happen but who knows-this is entirely new ground for everyone.

I raised that question in the "If guilty what happens" thread last week, don't need to start another but perhaps we could have discussion on " if named what happens"???

Susan, 'subject to intelligence gathering' could mean anything or nothing. Reports are very often filled with this sort of meaningless rubbish. And Ceagle is right. Taking stuff that is dodgy, but not illegal, is not a crime and shouldn't indicate a ' smoking gun'. I feel quite relaxed about this hysterical rubbish. Good to see the Pope taking the lead and grabbing the front pages.

Coincidence that the Pope is pulling the pin as all this comes to light ?? I am hearing rumours that systemic doping has been going on at the Vatican for years, look at JP II (Weekend at Bernies), he was on the peptides and anti-ageing stuff for decades. Ratzinger is getting out while he can, this health issue is just a cover up. My mail is the Vatican XIII and Ratzinger as Captain Coach have been named as persons of interest in the ACC report.

I heard the Catholic Church has a history of giving illegal injections to their youth team for decades and have been systematically covering it up.

From memory the club has got it's sports supplements from BSc for a while now and they've been cleared.
A lot of clubs use them.
So unless players have been taking stuff by themselves or administrated by rogues we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Apparantly the clubs will be provided with more information by ADSA in the next 24 hours.

The drawn out process is a disgrace.

manlyfan76 said:
I heard the Catholic Church has a history of giving illegal injections to their youth team for decades and have been systematically covering it up.

Well I'll be buggered

Apparently, this story is so big that it's taken the Labor Govt's woes off the front pages. Who would have thought?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4