Absolutely Unacceptable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
captainskin said:
I see AFL crowds all twisted and angry the whole game. I've never seen a crowd get that emotionally wound up and abusive... and that's just from watching them on tv.
When I have my 8 year old son or 11 year old daughter with me I will avoid the hill. There'll be exposed to enough profanity as they get older, no need to give them a overdose injection now ;^)
But I must admit I liked Duff's small essay on what it means to be a supporter on the hill. All I can say is, if you are willing to go that far, and heap abuse upon abuse on the opposition and their supporters, you had better be willing or wanting to rumble. I think most will take abuse and being made to feel uncomfortable as a reason to fight. (I may be wrong)

In no way am I up for physical violence. An insult is worth a better insult. If you can't insult someone better, you lose. Punching them just makes you a criminal, who lost.

Like for like. If I punch someone, I deserve a punch back.
If thousands of people are going nuts, which one would they punch? How many would punch them back?

I go to away games too. If I copped the sort of thing I want to dish out, I would see it as a test of endurance, not a need to hit people.

Duff said:
People, you're not looking at it the right way.

There are two battles in a Rugby League game. One is on the field, one is in the crowd. Both will affect one another.

The crowd should be hostile. The "brain dead idiots" only appear so becase they (we) are small in number. There should be 10,000 people shouting abuse & profanities throughout the game. If everyone gets angry the whole vibe changes. It should be a powderkeg. The refs should be too scared to let the away team stray offside. They should should be too scared to let a suspect forward pass go (from the away team).
The opposition fans are our enemies. We should make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for them. If their team is winning, they should be harrassed into leaving the ground before full time. We can't go out there & win the game but we can deny the pricks the joy of seeing their team win.
We support our team for the joy of seeing them win. If we lose, we can get some of that joy back by ruining the opposition supporters night. The team might lose but if the supporters can't enjoy it, it's not so bad.

Some of you have said you wont go to Doggies games because of their crowd. Well, they've beaten you. We're all footy fans here. Going to the footy is something we enjoy. The Dogs fans have taken a game of enjoyment away from you. Our job is to take that away from other sh1theads who support other teams.

It's not about offending women & children. I want them involved. We need to win the crowd battle & maybe help intimidate the refs & opposition wingers. Even if the players find it more amusing than intimidating, they're still distracted. The people down the front should be hanging over the fence, fists in the air, shouting all game.

If you read that in a Sam Kekovich voice over it makes perfect sense.
You know I'm right!:p

Duff said:
In no way am I up for physical violence. An insult is worth a better insult. If you can't insult someone better, you lose. Punching them just makes you a criminal, who lost.

I go to away games too. If I copped the sort of thing I want to dish out, I would see it as a test of endurance, not a need to hit people.

I respect what you are saying, Duff, and in a strange way agree with you. In fact, I admire your passion to endure and stay within the 'war of the words'. However, I see a lot of people not having the skill to trade insult for insult; the person who loses DOES throw the first punch. THey may not mind losing if it is their only defence and their ability to shut 'the mouth' up.
They way I see it, worst case scenario, someone is going to possibly take an insult personally and respond with aggression. I can wage a war with words, I'm fairly good at that. (I'm a lover not a fighter :angel:) but I'm not a good rumbler, I'm bad at that. Therefore, me personally, I'm not going to ignite the fire.
And may I say again, I did enjoy your essay; I've never read that perspective before and I think if you have the 'endurance', balls, and maybe stupidity (no insult intended ;)), then what you write makes for a great spectacle off the field.

Seems pretty obvious it's the place to have the weekly vent and opportunity to swear in public, feel cool about it, get some laughs and get away with it. Like AFL, the most full on/diehard supporters are usually interesting characters.

Duff supports football in the same way he played football - Talking it up then getting tougher blokes than himself in between him & the opposition. It is the natural way if the winger.

I don't feel like expanding on anything Duff said ( I'm just not verbose enough) but the brother speaks the truth. Supporters groups are going to antagonize, rile, insult & occasionally punch on with each other. It's not everyone's cup of tea but if you want in then it's all good fun, if you don't want any part of it then it's not hard to avoid. It's Rugby league FFS, we don't have hooligans, firms or gangs.

Duff said:

That may be the game of law. What of the game of life?

You need to insult someone to feel good = you lost.

Discuss

Rex said:
Duff said:

Discuss

The human animal should have evolved past the law of the jungle by now. The boofhead needs to be exposed & mocked. And like I said, if thousands of peopled are being abusive, a wimp like me can hide in the numbers.

I need to insult someone who supports a different team. They insult me by disagreeing with which team to support.
People think I like to be contrary. I don't. I just want everyone to agree with me & if you don't, I'll do my best to convince you.

Duff said:
Rex said:
Duff said:

Discuss

The human animal should have evolved past the law of the jungle by now. The boofhead needs to be exposed & mocked. And like I said, if thousands of peopled are being abusive, a wimp like me can hide in the numbers.

I need to insult someone who supports a different team. They insult me by disagreeing with which team to support.
People think I like to be contrary. I don't. I just want everyone to agree with me & if you don't, I'll do my best to convince you.

THe human animal hasn't evolved past this law of the jungle. THis is why we have laws handed down by our elders to protect all of us from each other. These laws are a facade to say we are decent and a humane society. THis is ok, we live in a fairly protected environment. But if the consequences were removed it would be kill or be killed.

Captainskin, I'd like to reply but this is heading down the general forum path rather than just pertaining to football crowds.

For the record, I agree but see it as only the lower beings who would spoil it for the rest. If you can't have a good yell & swear without fear of being hit, society has a problem.

Duff said:
Captainskin, I'd like to reply but this is heading down the general forum path rather than just pertaining to football crowds.

For the record, I agree but see it as only the lower beings who would spoil it for the rest. If you can't have a good yell & swear without fear of being hit, society has a problem.

Isn't it what all threads turn into: a joke session; a personal ridicule session; or, like ours, a philosophy session.
Ok, Duff, I'll leave it there... have a good one ;)

chrisos said:
I was at the game tonight and we won against a very good Parra team,i will address issues of the game and performance in other posts but i just had to comment on the 4 or 5 Parra supporters that were sitting behind me and my mate.These idiots were probably about mid 20's and were screeaming their heads off all night right in my ear (that i can handle,its a footy game and its too be expected and doesnt bother me),but they were yelling obsceneties all night when there were plenty of young kids everywhere around us ,and yelling out saying Snake youre a kiddy fiddler and calling Watmough a wife basher,these guys were plain and simple idiot parra scum,where do they get off coming to brooky and acting like this?You wouldnt see me going to Parra stadium and acting like them ,seriously these sorts of people need to pull their heads in!Is there any way i can complain about these blokes formally?We dont need scum like them at our games.

Ah it could be worse, they could be Doggie Fans. But yeah Parra fans can be quite loud, rude and downright embarrasing, one of the main reasons why I defected to Manly in MID 2008. Though my best mate is still a Parra fan, he's a nice, polite and friendly chap, not like most other Parra fans.

eelcatcher said:
chrisos said:
I was at the game tonight and we won against a very good Parra team,i will address issues of the game and performance in other posts but i just had to comment on the 4 or 5 Parra supporters that were sitting behind me and my mate.These idiots were probably about mid 20's and were screeaming their heads off all night right in my ear (that i can handle,its a footy game and its too be expected and doesnt bother me),but they were yelling obsceneties all night when there were plenty of young kids everywhere around us ,and yelling out saying Snake youre a kiddy fiddler and calling Watmough a wife basher,these guys were plain and simple idiot parra scum,where do they get off coming to brooky and acting like this?You wouldnt see me going to Parra stadium and acting like them ,seriously these sorts of people need to pull their heads in!Is there any way i can complain about these blokes formally?We dont need scum like them at our games.

Ah it could be worse, they could be Doggie Fans. But yeah Parra fans can be quite loud, rude and downright embarrasing, one of the main reasons why I defected to Manly in MID 2008. Though my best mate is still a Parra fan, he's a nice, polite and friendly chap, not like most other Parra fans.

eelcatcher, Duff and I have a lovely friend who is extremely deluded in her support for the Eels. She is a sweet girl. Too bad for her Duff was yelling that he'd eat the Eels player's babies, then turning to her in a calm voice trying to convince her to come support the Sea Eagles.

Maybe you could talk some sense into her because we are struggling to get through to her?

As I've said, Manly supporters have the ability to corrupt the corruptible...unfortunately I don't think she wants to be corrupted yet.

eelcatcher said:
chrisos said:

LOL @ defected to Manly in mid 2008..

I think apart from a fleeting interest in the sport becoming a full interest,team switching is reprehensible and deservable of the same punishment as Judas had in "the divine comedy" written by Dante

Id rather a slime/scum/mixo supporter for a gf than a traitor who changed colours to maroon and white because we're doing well,loyal morons are worth more than team switching genius

Eelcatchers tale of whoa is a sad one and he isnt Judas

Then you have your duel teamers,these people are the most retarded morons to ever stop foot on planet earth,they deserve to have something rather unpleasant happen to their privates,preferably an accident with a meat grinder or cement mixer or perhaps both,so they die of cement poisoning

The Eagle said:
I think apart from a fleeting interest in the sport becoming a full interest,team switching is reprehensible and deservable of the same punishment as Judas had in "the divine comedy" written by Dante

Id rather a slime/scum/mixo supporter for a gf than a traitor who changed colours to maroon and white because we're doing well,loyal morons are worth more than team switching genius

Eelcatchers tale of whoa is a sad one and he isnt Judas

Then you have your duel teamers,these people are the most retarded morons to ever stop foot on planet earth,they deserve to have something rather unpleasant happen to their privates,preferably an accident with a meat grinder or cement mixer or perhaps both,so they die of cement poisoning

I wasnt going say anything... eel catcher should just say he been supporting manly since 08 dnt tell them about the parra crap lol

I read his story,he was guided by inbreds (otherwise known as friends) to parra as he didnt watch or migrated and made inbred friends :p

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4