Abbott can now focus on fixing Brookie Oval....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Abbott is no longer Australia's Prime Minister conanu. Malcolm Turdbull.....er.....Turnbull ousted him with a Libral party vote of 54-44.

Hence for the third time in a row we have changed PM's mid-term.

Dillard knifed K-Dudd, who then returned the favour. Now Turdbull has done the same to Tony the budgie smuggler.

I knew somebody would say that. That is why I said "have had" in the past tense. Also at the time of writing Turnbull had not been sworn in so technically Abbott was still Prime Minister.

I'm a big user of Uber and was recently asked via email to contact my local member of parliament and tell them why I like using Uber.
They had a pre written email that I send to Mike Bairds office and I couldn't help myself to add an extra paragraph about Brooky.

This was what I received 10 mins after sending.

In relation to Brookvale Oval, the NSW Government has not committed any funding to Brookvale Oval. I understand the Federal Government committed $10million of funding prior to the last election. The Office of Sport is currently discussing the Centre of Excellence requirements with the Manly Sea Eagles. The hiring agreement between Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Warringah Council regarding Brookvale Oval lies exclusively with those two entities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to email the Premier.

Regards,

Angus McKenzie-Wills

Office of the Hon Mike Baird MP

Member for Manly

Electorate ph: 9976 2773

fax: 9976 2993

Shop 2, 2 Wentworth Street

MANLY NSW 2095
You could always fax Tony.

I'm a big user of Uber and was recently asked via email to contact my local member of parliament and tell them why I like using Uber.
They had a pre written email that I send to Mike Bairds office and I couldn't help myself to add an extra paragraph about Brooky.

This was what I received 10 mins after sending.

In relation to Brookvale Oval, the NSW Government has not committed any funding to Brookvale Oval. I understand the Federal Government committed $10million of funding prior to the last election. The Office of Sport is currently discussing the Centre of Excellence requirements with the Manly Sea Eagles. The hiring agreement between Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Warringah Council regarding Brookvale Oval lies exclusively with those two entities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to email the Premier.

Regards,

Angus McKenzie-Wills

Office of the Hon Mike Baird MP

Member for Manly

Electorate ph: 9976 2773

fax: 9976 2993

Shop 2, 2 Wentworth Street

MANLY NSW 2095
You could always fax Tony.
Yes I hear he enjoys the odd fax. Ha

:)
Let's face it very few of us on here will be happy with whichever person is the Prime Minister, half of you hate Abbot, half of you hate Turnbull, half of you hate Shorten.

You can rave on about how bad Abbott has been, but let's not forget th debacle that was the last Labor government.

So, let's assume the ABC/ Fairfax ( which largely control the way you feel about the conservative Government) begins to shaft Turnbull ( and thy will), by next election you'll want to ditch him AND then in comes the CFMEU and Shorten ( which the other half of you hate).

News Ltd now ramp up and bring down Shorten, he might last 2 years but certainly not a full term, then up steps who??? Penny Wong ( she'd have to give up a Senate seat and be parachuted into the lower house), and then here we go again, thE media will attack and attack until she's had her use by date.

The point I'm making here is ( and this is happening world wide in similar democracies ) that the 24 hours news cycle, the 30 second grab is designed for PM's to be crucified.

Not withstanding some of Tony's " captains calls" we're just plain terrible and Hockey should never have been treasurer but the current government , and indeed the last one, did do some good work.....only trouble is we never got to hear about it.

Sorry, this shouldn't be on a football forum BUT someone else started it !!
Good points Mark, and if I might add, the increasing influence of polls on the fate of our leaders and public policy in general. They were cited in the downfall of the two Labor leaders and in this instance they keep saying thirty bad polls in a row. Interested in how many here have either taken part, or know someone who has taken part, in one of these surveys? I wouldn't participate.
And when they talk about 75% of Australians thinking a certain way that means a couple of people we talk to each day SHOULD have been asked.
Forget landing on the beaches, just start a survey company, think desired answer whilst writing the question, and choose those 1,000 people you ask very very carefully.;)
I believe public policy should be based on elections and local member's close communication with their constituents.

Idea: Do a poll on keeping suburban grounds, someone pass me a clipboard. Currently at 100%.:)

:)
Good points Mark, and if I might add, the increasing influence of polls on the fate of our leaders and public policy in general. They were cited in the downfall of the two Labor leaders and in this instance they keep saying thirty bad polls in a row. Interested in how many here have either taken part, or know someone who has taken part, in one of these surveys? I wouldn't participate.
And when they talk about 75% of Australians thinking a certain way that means a couple of people we talk to each day SHOULD have been asked.
Forget landing on the beaches, just start a survey company, think desired answer whilst writing the question, and choose those 1,000 people you ask very very carefully.;)
I believe public policy should be based on elections and local member's close communication with their constituents.

Idea: Do a poll on keeping suburban grounds, someone pass me a clipboard. Currently at 100%.:)
Tone couldn't drown out the sound of the sore loser Labour voters on social media either. As soon as he won the election they started up so loudly you'd think the Libs had won by the slightest margin ever. Lib voters aren't big social media whingers whereas it's the main tool of the left.

Tone couldn't drown out the sound of the sore loser Labour voters on social media either. As soon as he won the election they started up so loudly you'd think the Libs had won by the slightest margin ever. Lib voters aren't big social media whingers whereas it's the main tool of the left.
Sounds like a social media whinge there Loobs. Does that make you a leftie?

I have to agree on the social media aspect, I'm a member of a few over 60's Facebook pages, most of them excellent and mainly focussed on retirement and ageing issues but one in particular has started to become quite political, and when they do the Lefties outweigh the conservatives 20-1.

And the comment re the Polls is right also, brought down Rudd, then Gillard, now Abbott AND who the feck has ever been polled? I can assure you never me!!

Regardless of your political bias I think it's a sad state of affairs that an elected PM can't go the nine yards !!

I felt sorry for Rudd, sorry for Gillard and now I'm sorry for Abbott.

IMO elections are where we change PM's.

Sounds like a social media whinge there Loobs. Does that make you a leftie?
*outraged* Nah, there aren't enough threats of violence here to qualify it as social media. We are far too pleasant.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Twitter and facebook are generally used by younger people. Twitter especially it would be fair to say skews heavily in favour of the more "progressive" side of ideology. It is amazing how many stories when something happens on the ABC or Fairfax (or even News.com) that will start with "Person X faces a twitter storm/backlash over his or her comments." Down my street people couldn't care less. Confected outrage seems to be the order of the day now. Little serious analysis,just twitter storms. Get-Up pushes, Reach tel-polls every five minutes. Some polls are reputable, but I wouldn't mind betting some or deeply flawed - I have some background in working with statisticians and some of them were very dishonest people.

I have to agree on the social media aspect, I'm a member of a few over 60's Facebook pages, most of them excellent and mainly focussed on retirement and ageing issues but one in particular has started to become quite political, and when they do the Lefties outweigh the conservatives 20-1.

And the comment re the Polls is right also, brought down Rudd, then Gillard, now Abbott AND who the feck has ever been polled? I can assure you never me!!

Regardless of your political bias I think it's a sad state of affairs that an elected PM can't go the nine yards !!

If you looked at a story covered in the Daily Tele and also either the Guardian Australia or SMH, the Tele would have 50 comments about how great Tony was doing and the same story in the others would have 500+ comparing him to Hitler or something. And that was a daily occurrence. I think it just wore people down over time.

But the polls thing is interesting. I don't know anyone that has ever been polled but I found the preferred prime minister polls to be quite strange. Did more people honestly prefer Bill Shorten to warts and all Tony Abbott? And the Greens numbers are quite astounding too. Do they do these polls on construction sites and at unis?

I see more from the right than the left on my social media so would have to say you are incorrect. I would also have more left of centre friends so this would be even more skewed to the right if we normalised it.

Grant Goldman never misses a chance to repost right wing nonsense without fact checking so its more than just your average whinger as well.

If you looked at a story covered in the Daily Tele and also either the Guardian Australia or SMH, the Tele would have 50 comments about how great Tony was doing and the same story in the others would have 500+ comparing him to Hitler or something. And that was a daily occurrence. I think it just wore people down over time.

But the polls thing is interesting. I don't know anyone that has ever been polled but I found the preferred prime minister polls to be quite strange. Did more people honestly prefer Bill Shorten to warts and all Tony Abbott? And the Greens numbers are quite astounding too. Do they do these polls on construction sites and at unis?

Seemingly they do.

Apparently they only poll in marginals.

I'll vote for any party that stops taking the money I work for and gives it away to people who can't be bothered fending for themselves.

This is distinct to those who NEED our help like the genuinely disabled.

On the actual topic, Brookvale will not have one cent spent on it while it is owned by Warringah council. Who would be dumb enough to pour money into something that doesn't belong to them ?

You post more political stuff on facebook than most people I know, certainly in the top 3 or 4.

OK so to turn this back to a thread on Brookie, from the Manly Daily today:

Sea Eagles to push ahead with plans to upgrade the Fortress
September 16, 2015 4:13pm
Jon GeddesManly Daily
aa0c5db07aabd04814a200f3d0260cd0

Artist's impression of proposed development of Brookvale Oval. Courtesy Marchesepartners

SEA Eagles chairman Scott Penn says the failure of the Baird State government to include funding for the upgrade of Brookvale Oval as part of their controversial stadiums policy won’t stop the club’s plans to redevelop the Fortress.

Penn said the government has drawn a line in the sand in terms of the stadiums they are going to fund in a significant way.

“In the first instance we weren’t looking for significant funding from government because we were trying to get private enterprise to fund it,” Penn said.

“But what we need from them is significant planning support because we are going to need to push the boundaries of planning in and around the area to make sure whoever develops it can get a sound financial return.”

Penn said that the Sea Eagles are still working behind the scenes at getting the much needed upgrade the ground needs.

d9a7093c7ac4b5a7dc6023e54d547c44

Could this be the new look Brookvale Oval?
“Earlier in the year I was very hopeful we would have more support primarily from council in wanting to look at a bigger plan of redevelopment on terms of a bigger play from a residential point of view because that is the only way it is going to get funded,” he said.

“They have been a bit lukewarm on it to date.

“But we have to find a solution everyone can live with because it deserves to be a contemporary suburban ground with just over 20,000 seats with all the modern facilities.”

Penn also believes the $10m promised by Tony Abbott when he was Prime Minister for fixing up Brookvale would still be forthcoming

“My understanding is that it has been set aside but we still have to come up with the right plan for it,” Penn said.

31cd57b44436a5c072c67dacd6b9fd32

Scott Penn picture included to piss everyone off. Picture: Mark Evans

He said chief executive Joe Kelly has been in constant dialogue with the key people in the Federal Government who have allocated that funding.

Penn also voiced his frustrations at the ongoing dispute with Warringah Council over the costs to lease what has been Manly’s home since 1947.

The club outlays $125,000 or each home game that includes $45,000 before the gates are even opened.

“At the moment it is a bit of a stalemate but we are trying to find a resolution that can work and be back where we need to be,” Penn said.

“We are constantly held to ransom over the maintenance fees for the year.

“And the frustrating thing is that we know that if anyone else wants to rent it, the daily rental rate is $1000. As a result we lose money playing at Brookvale.

“We are happy to pay a fair commercial rate but when our peers any other suburban ground in Sydney are paying under $10,000 a game, why are we being charged so much?

“We want to stay at Brookvale long term, it is our home grounds and we want to play as many games as we can there but it has to be at the commercial rate that the club can afford,” Penn said.

“We will do everything we can to get a positive outcome.”

Penn said that includes the likelihood of CEO Joe Kelly and Chief Financial Officer Neil Bare fronting the next council meeting to have dialogue with the councillors.

I see more from the right than the left on my social media so would have to say you are incorrect. I would also have more left of centre friends so this would be even more skewed to the right if we normalised it.

Grant Goldman never misses a chance to repost right wing nonsense without fact checking so its more than just your average whinger as well.
I'm not talking what my friends post though. I'm speaking more in regards to comments on things

Strange how the cost of games increases with each article @:eek:

10 x 125,000 = 1,250,000 is 3 times what was reported for 2013 :wondering:

Maybe the amalgamated Councils idea will reduce the ukeep costs :)

As much I am no fan of the Penn's themselves as people, I find myself hoping that they can get enough money to bring Brookvale Oval into the 21st century. Otherwise as a club we're going to find ourselves forced by the NRL to play out of either Gosford, the new Moore Park stadium that will replace the SFS, or even out at ANZ.

Even without the high rise buildings, I don't mind the look of that stadium drawing. Though I think the ends need more seating, or at least one end to maybe still have a hill (much like they have left the northern hill as SRO at the re-developed Adelaide Oval).

I found the preferred prime minister polls to be quite strange. Did more people honestly prefer Bill Shorten to warts and all Tony Abbott? And the Greens numbers are quite astounding too. Do they do these polls on construction sites and at unis?

Yes, the preferred PM polling was accurate. Don't believe it?

Results of a survey published just yesterday:
"Of 60 locals surveyed ... 48 said good riddance to Mr Abbott, 11 said they were sad to see him go and one person was indifferent."

Where was the survey? Construction site? Uni?

Nope. It was in the streets of Tony Abbott's blue ribbon Liberal seat of Warringah, and done by the Manly Daily.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6