1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaron Groom has today been granted a release

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=2016

Aaron Groom has today been granted a conditional release from the final year of his contract with the Bulldogs.

A creative ball running half/hooker, Groom played 6 first grade games for the Bulldogs in 2008 and was a standout for Fiji in the World Cup.

“I genuinely believe the Bulldogs have a big year ahead, I will be following them closely and I wish them well for the 2009 season,” Groom said.

“I have an opportunity to move to the UK with my English girlfriend and will be exploring career options outside of football.”

The Bulldogs granted the release on personal grounds after a request from Groom and have no immediate plans to replace him in their full-time squad.

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
  3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
  4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,769 / 72
    Obviously doesn't have a lot of faith in his football career if he is starting to talk about career options.....

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    What "options" does Groome have?  Drug runner?

6. missing_something

missing_something Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have thought staying at the bulldogs would have been better for building that kind of business and making connections.

7. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He is in love Mata  ;D

8. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have thought staying at the bulldogs would have been better for building that kind of business and making connections.
    [/quote]

lol