Aaron Groom has today been granted a release

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
http://bulldogs.com.au/main.php?page=article&id=2016

Aaron Groom has today been granted a conditional release from the final year of his contract with the Bulldogs.

A creative ball running half/hooker, Groom played 6 first grade games for the Bulldogs in 2008 and was a standout for Fiji in the World Cup.

“I genuinely believe the Bulldogs have a big year ahead, I will be following them closely and I wish them well for the 2009 season,” Groom said.

“I have an opportunity to move to the UK with my English girlfriend and will be exploring career options outside of football.”

The Bulldogs granted the release on personal grounds after a request from Groom and have no immediate plans to replace him in their full-time squad.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbylea...Sheffield.html

Eagles tip Groom for greatness
5 hours ago

Scrum-half Aaron Groom has become the fourth member of Fiji's World Cup semi-final team to sign up for the 2009 Co-operative Championship.

The 21-year-old, who is joining Sheffield Eagles from Canterbury Bulldogs, has been hailed as the south Yorkshire club's biggest signing for 10 years.

\"The signing of a player of this quality will make people sit up and it shows that this club is on the way up,\" said Eagles chief executive Mark Aston.

Groom, who played in all four World Cup games for Fiji, will be joined in the Championship by hooker Waisale Suka, stand-off Alipate Noilea and centre Seva Koroi, who were also in the team that lost 52-0 to Australia in the semi-finals and have signed for newly-promoted Barrow.

The Eagles have a history of signing Fijians, most notably Waisale Sovatabua, who was a member of the 1998 Challenge Cup-winning team.

Groom is Sheffield's fourth World Cup signing following the acquisition of Samoa utility back Tangi Ropati and Papua New Guineans Menzie Yere and Trevor Exton.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179049.msg205486#msg205486 date=1232436958]
What \"options\" does Groome have?  Drug runner?

I would have thought staying at the bulldogs would have been better for building that kind of business and making connections.
[/quote]

lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4