A Word From Last Years Tipping Comp Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As we get closer to this season's kick off and we prepare ourselves for another year of testing our tipping skills, let's take a moment to hear what last years winners thought of their tipping comp prizes.

Jan Davis Tipping Comp

- As you may recall this was a battle that went down to the wire, we had a 3 way tie and the winner had to be decided on margin in the bonus game.

@mickqld eventually prevailed and took out 1st Prize, a membership package courtesy of the MWSE Club. This is what Mick had to say about that.

Hi fellow Silvertails tragics. I urge all members of this outstanding forum and supporters of this mighty club to participate in the 2014 Silvertails tipping competition. Not only are there great prizes on offer but your contribution helps keep this wonderful site going.

As reigning champion of the 2013 season, the prize I received enabled myself, my brother, my best friend and my 2 daughters to gain 3 game Sea Eagles memberships for the 2014 season worth close to $400. We will all enjoy our memberships this season (they even posted us our caps to the Gold Coast).

Cheers and Go Manly in 2014
Mickqld

Mick knocked off long time front runner @Stiffi at the death, but Stiffi didn't leave empty handed, he took home a $150.00 merchandise voucher which I know he put to good use kitting out the family. Stiffi made special mention of the help and service he received from the dedicated staff at the Sea Eagles Factory Store as well. I'm sure he'll be back this year hoping to go one better, looking resplendent in his Manly kit.

Say a big thank you to @"MWSE Membership" next time you see Michael posting and thank him for their support.

Last Fan Standing Comp

The Last Fan Standing comp was a popular addition to our tipping last year, and with a fantastic prize of a signed Cliffy Lyons '87 Wormald jersey there was little wonder. The inaugural winner was in fact the third member of our 3 way tie in the head to head tipping, @Clint. Despite just missing out on the main tipping, @Clint proved his staying power to be the sole survivor after about 12 weeks of tipping in the LFS. The mighty Warriors got him home in a close one against the Titans in Round 24, and life hasn't been the same since as Clint explains

Hi all,

I was the lucky winner of the last man standing tipping comp, on the Silvertails website last year. My arsey *cough* selective tipping won me the awesome prize of a Wormald jersey signed by the legendary Cliffy Lyons. At the beginning of the year, in my eyes, this was the prize to win.

Get amongst these tipping comps guys. Not only are there awesome prizes, but most importantly it helps to keep this fantastic site, that we all spend soooooo much time on, viable.

I have attached a photo of me with my jersey on. As you can see, when I put the jersey on, it really helps me to bring out my inner Cliffy. (and yes, that's what I call him)

This years LFS comp is proudly sponsored by the MWRLFC - the "Football Club" and we have a great 96 Pepsi Retro Jersey autographed by Clive Churchill medalist, club legend and soon to be premiership winning coach- Geoff Toovey.

Check out the Manly Football Club website Click Here for more info and maintain the dream by signing up as a member

Lucky Tipper Prize

Our lucky raffle winner was @Roger, who I know will be proudly wearing his signed Killer and Kingdog Jersey around the Gold Coast (or maybe it has gone straight to the pool room). As one of our older members he was quietly chuffed to be the lucky recipient of an unexpected windfall, although his tipping wasn't too shabby being a top 10 finisher

Hi All, just wanted to publicly thank Chip & Chase and Dan for the signed Manly jersey i just received from being the lucky name pulled out in the tipping comp random prize draw (thanks Mark for pulling my name out).

Fantastic prize and very lucky to win and all I did was sign up to tipping comp.

Thanks

Weekly Winners

We gave away about 30 double passes to Brookie to our lucky weekly top tippers. I know we had people travelling from interstate to use their free tickets and I'm sure there were many appreciative recipients.

We'd love to hear about your match day experiences and how you used your tickets, as would @"MWSE Membership" like to hear how their generosity was so gratefully appreciated.

With the MWSE Club back on board this year we'll have some great prizes up for grabs again. Show your support for this site/forum by signing up and participating in the tipping. Also do your bit for the future of our great team by becoming a member of the MWSE and the Football Club.

Great feedback and looking forward to it again this year, I'm aiming for 5th myself this year.

Hopefully we will have all the prizes locked in shortly but we are hoping things will be bigger and better this year.

Thank you all for your support and I wish you luck, you'll need it

Dan said:
Great feedback and looking forward to it again this year, I'm aiming for 5th myself this year.

Hopefully we will have all the prizes locked in shortly but we are hoping things will be bigger and better this year.

Everyone wants to finish 5th, but I hold that spot and I won't be giving it up easily, so good luck! :D

Dan said:

5th could mean last if 50 tipsters finish equal on 100 points, another on 99, another on 98, and another on 97, but all ahead of you way back on 25 points.

:p

lol..

+ I dont wanna hear from last years winners...salt into the wounds!!!!!

Dan said:

If it helps you gain that coveted 5th place, I will tell you the system my sister in law used to win the tipping comp at her work.

She would pick the team that had the most blue in their jerseys. If neither team had any blue she would ask her daughter which team had the players with the best haircuts.

By mid season I fiqured her system was far superior to studying form and player availability.

Any other systems out there?

My system was always pick Manly, plus the favourites in other matches, unless they were close to even, in which case pick the home team.
That system was good enough to never threaten the winners last year.

My system was to try and jag the weekly prize where possible...and enjoy the first 3 weeks where i felt in touch with the leaders

By the end of the season my system was to study the form and pick the teams I thought would win based on my extensive knowledge of the game. Then when I entered my tips I selected all the opposite teams to the ones I thought would win, except Manly. My win percentage increased considerably.

This year I might try my 6 year olds technique of looking at team mascots and see who would win a fight between them.

I just want a top 4 finish again. Nah stuff that I want to win it!! :D Just aiming to beat GE wasn't that satisfying :(

@globaleagle

I just hope that @stiffi gets out to an early lead again. Some of those stiffi jokes last year were legendary...

Clint said:
I just hope that @stiffi gets out to an early lead again. Some of those stiffi jokes last year were legendary...

He is yet to sign up.

Must of got my profile picture from facebook somehow as I didn't choose it. Everything is in fine working order, his twin brother looks OK too :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2