A very very poor Back Row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A bit doom and gloomy there don't you think guys?

Brent Kite - Aus / NSW rep Forward
Steven Menzies - Aus / NSW Forward (Had he not CHOOSEN TO RETIRE FROM REP GAMES)
Anthony Watmough - Has had rep honours NSW
King - City (yeah, yeah)
Glen Stewart - This is the first time i've heard some of you give him a bagging.
Willo - His defence is game winning. He doesn't let anyone down.

Guys, we are short in the forwards, but to suggest that these blokes are powder puff is a little radical considering we have won both trials over good teams and haven't even played round 1 yet. Save the judgment until we all get a good look at the year ahead on Saturday night.

Having Kite, Williamson, Menzies and Stewart all close to the ruck should be a god thing. They're all good defenders.

I agree with Kite, unfortunately he gets replaced with a weaker defender during the game. Williamson does alot of defensive work without being a punishing defender. He is also good for one or two key defensive misses, usually resulting in tries.

Menzies has always been a sensational defender, but when has to defend closer to the play the ball we already have problems around the ruck. Stewart is another solid but not punishing defender. The main problem with Stewart is his attack. Last year he was second receiver on the left. The ball usually died with him because he has bugger all pace, doesn't bust tackles, and doesn't know how to setup his outside man. Apart from that he is fine.

It's all well and good that they make tackles, BUT they also need to have an impact in attack. Unless the forward are making headway our backs will do jack **** no matter how good they are... not doom and gloom just factual!

The reason why the Dogs have always been up there was due to having a good strong domininant forward pack to lay the foundations for their ordinary backs... when their forwards are injured they don't win games...

Because their backs are poor. Our forwards are not great, but as well they're not ****e. Our back line is a killer and will win us many games.

Having a good backline is fine, but you need your forwards to be making ground to give them time and room to move. Orford has already shown that he struggles behind a pack that is being dominated.

Let's see how things pan out over the first few rounds. I just hope that the selectors are prepared to make some changes and try some new blood if certain protected species don't produce.

Fluffy !!! FFS !!!

Antonio Kafusi...would he get a spot in our 1st 13?
Cameron Smith versus Monaghan is laughable.
David Kidwell - International
Michael Crocker - International
Ryan Hoffman - (Rep) & Willow or him?
Blair - International
Dallas Johnson - rep
Brett White - as per above

etc etc...get real....average....LoL. You twist facts to support your theory just like you say I do. Oh yeah - thanks for bringing up a comment I made off the cuff here to support an argument you made on MSE...class....

It's all well and good that they make tackles, BUT they also need to have an impact in attack. Unless the forward are making headway our backs will do jack **** no matter how good they are... not doom and gloom just factual!

The reason why the Dogs have always been up there was due to having a good strong domininant forward pack to lay the foundations for their ordinary backs... when their forwards are injured they don't win games...

Careful mate - realism hurts people over here. No names mentioned. :lol:

Having a good backline is fine, but you need your forwards to be making ground to give them time and room to move. Orford has already shown that he struggles behind a pack that is being dominated.

Let's see how things pan out over the first few rounds. I just hope that the selectors are prepared to make some changes and try some new blood if certain protected species don't produce.

Great Sig...N.O.T. - Get a life.

Fluffy !!! FFS !!!

Blair - International
Dallas Johnson - rep

etc etc...get real....average....LoL. You twist facts to support your theory just like you say I do. Oh yeah - thanks for bringing up a comment I made off the cuff here to support an argument you made on MSE...class....

But Ryan, that is said looking back on 06, at the start of the year nobody rated the storm pack Blair, Johson and Kaufusi were barely heard of, White and Hoffman were promising yougsters, Crocker was a former international with big question marks on him, Kidwell was decent, they had lost there forward leader in Kearns

Smith was still a star, but all in all comments at the start of 06 on the storms pack wouldn't be to far from what your hearing about manly's 07 pack

[quote author=Ryan]
Fluffy !!! FFS !!!

Blair - International
Dallas Johnson - rep

But Ryan, that is said looking back on 06, at the start of the year nobody rated the storm pack Blair, Johson and Kaufusi were barely heard of, White and Hoffman were promising yougsters, Crocker was a former international with big question marks on him, Kidwell was decent, they had lost there forward leader in Kearns

Smith was still a star, but all in all comments at the start of 06 on the storms pack wouldn't be to far from what your hearing about manly's 07 pack

[/quote]

Don't get me wrong - but I hope your 1000000% right. If Rose, Williamson, Bryant, King, Stewart can get there, I'd be over the moon. As said elsewhere - I hope the media negative hype helps assist get us there.

Well......I reckon this display confirms my removal as Rhinos reason for getting all moody, cranky and annoying. :p

Mate - it just gets to me when people say I whinge...yet look at this thread.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4