A turning point in the game - Friends tackle on DCE (no penalty)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader

Congratulations to The Roosters on their win, but there was a turning point where if we got the rub of the green with the refs, we may have had a better run with play in the 51 to 59 minute mark.

51.29 Friends tackle on DCE. The tackle by Friend on DCE (after his kick) it should have really been a penalty to Manly, as the shot was high & a bit late.

Instead .....

52.21: Roosters get a set and on the last tackle was the high kick to Wolfman which hits his knee & the Roosters get a repeat set with Brett Stewart flicking ball dead in goal (line drop out).

54.07 Rooster get another repeat set with a high kick on the last tackle where Lyon knocks on into Jennings.

54.29 Aidian Guerra scores of the next set.

So the 54th to 56th minute if Manly got that penalty the score would have been Manly 20 to Roosters 8, but it was Manly 18 to Rooster 14 where the Roosters were getting a new roll on & another try in the 59th minute to take the lead.

Anyway you can make your own luck!, but that penalty in the 51 minute (rare as the penalties given out by the Refs in the game against the Roosters), could have made the game quite different in the end.

Still a good year and congratulations to the winners.

I haven't seen it except for at the ground. And from bay 145, you couldn't even be sure who was playing.

But if it's at all bad, it's a rough decision in light of the one awarded to the Rooters for the same thing.

It was a major turning point but the one that really hurt was the dropped bomb, that changed the game, we gave up a soft try and they had all the momentum after that.

It was a tough call and should have been a penalty to us, but there were plenty that could be considered turning points. For me the forward pass was the final nail in the coffin. This destroyed our guys mindset which triggered fatigue. As a player having those high number of calls go against you, would hammer your confidence.

Plenty more turning points in this game.
The main ones were not cashing in on great field position, missed tackles, dropped balls & playing too laterally in their red zone that last 20 minutes.
Yes Friend got away with a few dodgy plays but we could have predicted that little f**ker would get away with s**t before the kickoff.
Dropped balls & falling off vital tackles killed us in that game, they presented many opportunities also, just a tiny bit away from actually running away with the game tbh.....

Eagles Nest 08 said:
51.29 Friends tackle on DCE. The tackle by Friend on DCE (after his kick) it should have really been a penalty to Manly, as the shot was high & a bit late.

Getting a penalty from the Roosters the most penalised team in 2013, for some strange reason changed in the GF? Manly got a penalty in the 5th minute & 15th minute of the game, that's all (penalty count 5 to 2 in the game to the Roosters).

So after the second penalty we had 65 minutes of perfect football from the Roosters in not giving away another penalty! You would just slow the play the ball knowing the referee had put the whistle away !

Eagles Nest 08 said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:

Getting a penalty from the Roosters the most penalised team in 2013, for some strange reason changed in the GF? Manly got a penalty in the 5th minute & 15th minute of the game, that's all (penalty count 5 to 2 in the game to the Roosters).

So after the second penalty we had 65 minutes of perfect football from the Roosters in not giving away another penalty! You would just slow the play the ball knowing the referee had put the whistle away !

You got a penalty try as well. You can hardly expect us to give you 12 penalties every week.

simon64 said:
I haven't seen it except for at the ground. And from bay 145, you couldn't even be sure who was playing.

But if it's at all bad, it's a rough decision in light of the one awarded to the Rooters for the same thing.

Do yourself a favour & don't watch it. It'll just make you bitter & twisted like me.

I was at the game in something like 615. $285 buck tickets was like watching from orbit. I would have google earthed it but couldn't get internet access on the phone.

At one point I had to duck as sputnik passed by.

:)

Jerry1 said:
simon64 said:

Do yourself a favour & don't watch it. It'll just make you bitter & twisted like me.

I was at the game in something like 615. $285 buck tickets was like watching from orbit. I would have google earthed it but couldn't get internet access on the phone.

At one point I had to duck as sputnik passed by.

:)

I once had tivkets like thst, they came with a sherpa and climbing equipment

The tackle was mentioned by Rabs in the commentary but they never showed a replay of it so I have no idea if there was much in it or not, as taking Rabs word for it is hardly gospel. I'm also unlikely to ever watch a replay.

September 25 2011.
Manly V Brisbane.
Shane Hayne to Kieran Foran-
"I've had a gutful of you".
Hayne overlooked for '11 Grand Final.

He waited 2 long years, thinking about the $1000's he missed out on as he lay in the
"Bitch Toaster" at the Bondi solarium.
But the bastard got us good.

Eagles Nest 08 said:

Congratulations to The Roosters on their win, but there was a turning point where if we got the rub of the green with the refs, we may have had a better run with play in the 51 to 59 minute mark.

Instead .....

52.21: Roosters get a set and on the last tackle was the high kick to Wolfman which hits his knee & the Roosters get a repeat set with Brett Stewart flicking ball dead in goal (line drop out).

54.07 Rooster get another repeat set with a high kick on the last tackle where Lyon knocks on into Jennings.

54.29 Aidian Guerra scores of the next set.

So the 54th to 56th minute if Manly got that penalty the score would have been Manly 20 to Roosters 8, but it was Manly 18 to Rooster 14 where the Roosters were getting a new roll on & another try in the 59th minute to take the lead.

Anyway you can make your own luck!, but that penalty in the 51 minute (rare as the penalties given out by the Refs in the game against the Roosters), could have made the game quite different in the end.

Still a good year and congratulations to the winners.

A great point, but either Wolfman or Lyon should have taken one of those bombs. That would have put the Roosters down. We work it out and kick downfield. Lyon had a go but Wolfman was looking up and down trying to decide what to do. He should have gone for the ball. That was the turning point.

Wolfman needed to tackle the easts winger even though he was in the air. the defending player can tackle in the air.

DCE should have changed his kick options from bombs to grubbers make these guys bend down to take a ball not leap up.

Just a couple of points.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7