A trial for us to have on tv

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
With Souths and St George Illawarra having the Charity Shield televised on foxtel as well as the Broncos vs Warriors and Easts vs Wests brings me to two questions.

1. Do these clubs get extra money from foxtel for staging these games?
And
2. If so who can we play?

It wouldn't surprise me in the future if the R2R or B2B will eventually get televised.

Parra usually plays Penrith this weekend for the 'Battle of the West'

Dogs play Raiders.

So this might seem a little out there but here we go :

Sharkies for the Steve Rogers Cup

For old time sake play Norths (Souths can stack it if they want)for the Ken Irvine Cup

Perth at Perth could be good.

PNG resident's side are still in Oz playing a few games against Qld Cup teams.
The bulk of the good players have returned to there Championship sides in England by now.

If the US or Canada could get a descent tv deal maybe against the Tomahawks (US) or the Wolverines (Canada).
While the US seems to be the great hope the game appears to have exploded in Canada.

The Wolverines in Vancouver would be excellent. great opportunity to spread the game and recruiting.

I'd rather not be watching us conceeding 6 tries and getting flogged in a trial thanks.

Lately I've really enjoyed parra, broncs, knights rivalries. But not sure I want them smashing each other 2 weeks out from the seasons.

Ratings for the Charity Shield blew everything else out of the water (afl, a league, s15)
Yesterday's trials also rated well and had only a 1000 less viewers then a rugby union grudge match

DSM5 said:
The Wolverines in Vancouver would be excellent. great opportunity to spread the game and recruiting.

Finally, someone on this site making sense!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
eagles2win said:
Manly vs Catalan - Steve Menzies Shield

I feel a tour coming on

What? You don't know where North America is?? :p

Charity Shield, Foundation Cup...I say leave them to it. They can't make the playoff for a legitimate trophy so they invent one and only invite themselves :p

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
North America (Canada and the USA) has around $00 million people.

We should play a US or Canda rep team in the northern henisphere.

But of course the NRL doesn't want to promote the game does it?

Maybe we should play Cronulla - "Battle of the Beaches Cup."

manlyfan76 said:
Maybe play the winners of the Q Cup. Good chance to get it on tv.

This is by far the most feasible suggestion, and given our fan-base north of the border, it could end up being a success.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4