A story a few years back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ive been scratching my head trying to recall something i read about ouroff field team. Im hoping someone with a better memory than mine might recall some of the info. I have an idea but may have the details a little arse up but here goes

A few years back , around fridgegate time the manly fc either had to make a payment contribution or a vote or something. Money the penns had contributed to the club for a purpose was used in order for the fc to avoid a non payment which had repercussions or used the cash to buy shares giving them a better vote or something along these lines

At the time i thought it was quite deceptive and could only cause harm. Anyway if someone can remember a story similar to this , please fill in the gaps, correct me if im wrong

Cheers

Do you mean the leagues club instead of the fc? I thin the Penns got some control of the leagues club by bailing them out.

If this is about moving the team the football club still has a preference vote. and therefore the decision on colours, home ground and emblem. Unless the football club unanimously voted to move then it can't happen. Penn has openly acknowledged it before. It's in the club constitution

No not the preference share, i am over that stuff. I cant remember if it was leagues club control shoey but im convinced the money trail was the other way

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lly-be-at-an-end/story-e6frexnr-1226218612631
Infighting at the Manly Leagues CLub may finally be at an end
  • PAUL CRAWLEY
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • DECEMBER 10, 2011 12:00AM
HALLELUJAH! The war at Manly could finally be over.

That was the message from Sea Eagles stalwart Peter Peters last night after Scott Penn stepped in with a $630,000 rescue package to help save the struggling Manly Leagues Club.

In return, the move will give the Penn family another vote on the seven-man Sea Eagles Football Club board - but, more importantly, Peters said it was also "the first sign the infighting was about to stop."

"It is a significant day for the club," Peters said after Penn secured a third vote yesterday.

"I must admit at lunchtime (yesterday) I was convinced I wouldn't remain here but I see some light now and I think it is a good move."

Penn said it was now time for everyone to work together.

"I think what we've done is draw a line in the sand and say it's time to get on with it," Penn said. "Let's work together to make sure we create the club that we all need. This is hopefully a fresh start."

There was also speculation last night that the board was proposing to stop meddling in the running of the football team that caused such a rift under recently departed coach Des Hasler's reign.

Peters revealed he had become increasingly concerned about the Leagues Club's financial position in recent months since taking on the role as deputy chairman.

"I have been concerned for some time at the poor trading figures of the club at Brookie so as deputy chairman I sought an independent financial audit," he said. "That audit revealed serious immediate problems for the club.

"The Leagues Club was advised to get rid of some of its assets and one of the things it could sell was the shares in the Sea Eagles. Now the Penn family has agreed to buy them and put the money back into working capital."

Peters added he would now remain on the board
---------------------------------------------------------------
There are whispers that the Manly Sea Eagles (Private Entity) Season Ticket Package will bundle the Manly Warringah Football Club Membership (currently $25) in the future.
This will dilute the votes of the current 600 or so FC Members IMO.

Basically we are in the hands of the Majority Shareholders and need to trust that they hold the future of our Football Club closer than that of our Leagues Club, which they offloaded for @20m to Chinese Developers.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-after-site-sold/story-fngr8hax-1227246671996
Manly Warringah Leagues Club hoping to stay put in Brookvale after site sold
  • FIONA BRADY
  • MANLY DAILY
  • MARCH 03, 2015 5:03PM

Manly Warringah Leagues chairman Ian Thomson says the club is already negotiating with the new owners of the club site in the hope it can stay in Brookvale.

The Manly Daily reported yesterday the leagues club building and its carpark had been sold to Chinese developers by owner Scott Penn, who also owns the Sea Eagles.

The new owners will not take possession of the building until next year and the leagues club has a lease until May 20, 2019.

Mr Thomson said they were in “open dialogue” with the new owners and would prefer to stay at 563 Pittwater Rd after it was redeveloped.

“I think it is the spiritual home (of the club) and the board’s point of view is that it’s always going to be the No.1 preference,” Mr Thomson said.

He said the new owners had already given a presentation to the club board and he understood they had “something special” planned for the site.

“They understand what the key drivers for our business are and they are happy to work with us,” he said.

However, he said it was still early days and there were no certainties until a development application was lodged for the site.

He said there was a possibility the club could find a home in the planned Brookvale Oval development.

“That might present an option to us as an interim measure (while Brookvale is redeveloped) or as a long-term business,” he said.

Mr Thomson said the club had time to plan its future after the Penn family extended its lease until 2019.

“We’ve got plenty of time to come up with something that suits everybody,” he said.

The club has not owned the building at 563 Pittwater Rd since 2009.

If you're going to try to raise 60-80mil for a new stadium without gov handouts though you logically have to start raising capital. For me it's not that shocking. The current leagues club is a hole that needs redevelopment anyway. Why continue to operate something that is already broken and poorly frequented. Membership and attendance at the leagues club is dwindling. They don't have the money to redevelop but it would be a thousand times better having the leagues attached to the stadium

Warringah Council will never agree to that Super Stadium design - fact!

In fact, they are questioning the zoning change request for the Leagues Club Land.

As I noted before - its all out of our hands , so lets just enjoy the footy whilst the season is on :inlove:

THE future of the Manly Warringah Leagues Club is up in the air after the sale of its site to Chinese developers.

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn, who also owns the leagues club site, confirmed the sale of the Brookvale site in Pittwater Rd but said a confidentiality clause prohibited him from providing further details.

“We are working on a masterplan that may involve us trading out of the leagues club and focusing on the Brookvale Oval upgrade,” he said.

MANLY’S 10-YEAR PLAN TO KEEP DCE, FORAN

BUZZ: SMITH BACKFLIPS ON STADIUM STANCE

TITANS’ DCE BID ‘A CONFLICT OF INTEREST’

356996-576f2aa8-c088-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn admitted the club will have to look elsewhere support.

There is a long settlement date and the club has a lease until May 2019 but the club and carpark land covering more than 11,700sq m in the heart of Brookvale is ripe for a massive commercial and residential redevelopment.

One agent valued the land at between $15-$20 million.

The club, which has more than 16,000 members, now hopes to find a new home in the planned Brookvale Oval development.

Last week, the Sea Eagles announced plans to transform Brookvale Oval into a world-class venue seating 23,000 people.

357024-1d8b8dd6-c0bf-11e4-a0d8-62fd782d4449.jpg

Sea Eagles fans and supporters at the Manly Warringah League Club in Brookvale.

It would involve developing land on Pittwater Rd for commercial and residential use. The artist impression of the new revamped oval showed residential and commercial towers 20 storeys high on Pittwater Rd.

Any development of Brookvale Oval would need to be approved by Warringah Council, which owns the stadium and oval.

News of the club site sale has prompted Warringah Mayor Michael Regan to call for community feedback on the future of Brookvale and an urgent masterplan for the suburb.

He has asked council staff to prepare a report for the council meeting of Tuesday, March 24. “We don’t want spot rezoning,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...okvale-high-rise/story-fni3gnk1-1227245356648

Just need to sell off all the pokie licenses, and then put a fork in the LC.

If a stadium with LC facilities are ready in just over 4 years I'll put a keg or two on for ST members.

THE future of the Manly Warringah Leagues Club is up in the air after the sale of its site to Chinese developers.

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn, who also owns the leagues club site, confirmed the sale of the Brookvale site in Pittwater Rd but said a confidentiality clause prohibited him from providing further details.

“We are working on a masterplan that may involve us trading out of the leagues club and focusing on the Brookvale Oval upgrade,” he said.

MANLY’S 10-YEAR PLAN TO KEEP DCE, FORAN

BUZZ: SMITH BACKFLIPS ON STADIUM STANCE

TITANS’ DCE BID ‘A CONFLICT OF INTEREST’

356996-576f2aa8-c088-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Sea Eagles owner Scott Penn admitted the club will have to look elsewhere support.

There is a long settlement date and the club has a lease until May 2019 but the club and carpark land covering more than 11,700sq m in the heart of Brookvale is ripe for a massive commercial and residential redevelopment.

One agent valued the land at between $15-$20 million.

The club, which has more than 16,000 members, now hopes to find a new home in the planned Brookvale Oval development.

Last week, the Sea Eagles announced plans to transform Brookvale Oval into a world-class venue seating 23,000 people.

357024-1d8b8dd6-c0bf-11e4-a0d8-62fd782d4449.jpg

Sea Eagles fans and supporters at the Manly Warringah League Club in Brookvale.

It would involve developing land on Pittwater Rd for commercial and residential use. The artist impression of the new revamped oval showed residential and commercial towers 20 storeys high on Pittwater Rd.

Any development of Brookvale Oval would need to be approved by Warringah Council, which owns the stadium and oval.

News of the club site sale has prompted Warringah Mayor Michael Regan to call for community feedback on the future of Brookvale and an urgent masterplan for the suburb.

He has asked council staff to prepare a report for the council meeting of Tuesday, March 24. “We don’t want spot rezoning,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...okvale-high-rise/story-fni3gnk1-1227245356648
I love it, warringah invented spot rezoning, and now they shy away? Dy and Brookvale are text book cases of strange mixtures of industrial, retail, housing, warehouses, medium density dwellings, bush, high rise units, ovals, schools all within a few hundred metres of each other and totally incoherent. One extra spot rezoning won't make any difference to the planning mess they presided over for the last 40 years! Bring it on mr mayor!

Warringah Council will never agree to that Super Stadium design - fact!

In fact, they are questioning the zoning change request for the Leagues Club Land.

As I noted before - its all out of our hands , so lets just enjoy the footy whilst the season is on :inlove:

Then relocate to CQ in the off season. We're guaranteed the same stadium as the Titans have. @:p

The Manly Daily had someone suggesting Frenchs Forest which is just up the road and has the road access at least - not great for Public Transport though.

Pittwater Road is a congested goat track, so all developments adversely affect it @:cool:

I don't think you guys realise WC want to offload brookie it costs them too much in maintenance for the return. They want to ship it to a state responsibility as a regional facility. That way they reap the rewards of a great facility without the cost.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4