A special request!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Guys I really hope this is ok, but if the admins think it's not I'll understand if it has to be deleted.

A few of you on here will know that my son in law Mick ( sadly a Panthers supporter) has been battling Cancer.

It started two years ago in his bowel, then last year went to the liver and sadly now he has inoperable lung cancer and has just been given 6-9 months to live.

He has two beautiful little boys ( doing my best to convert them ) aged just 5 and 7 who will be fatherless by Xmas.

They've battled through 2 years of chemo / radiation and four major operations and never asked for a cent from anyone other than both sets of parents but now we are asking people for even a little bit to help them along the way.

With this news my other daughter has started a " make Mick's dreams possible " fund raising site, with a view to raising enough funds to send them on a family holiday before he passes away.

I know this isn't football related , but you guys are all " kinda family " and some of you will have met Mick in the MWTS days as he used to come along and help me out.

So I'm asking if you can at least click on the link , see their photos and think of your own lives and how it would be for your family if you weren't around.

We'd like to give Mick, Alice, Tom & Sam some memories as pretty soon that's all they'll have.

Thanks for reading , we as a family are broken hearted but trying to keep our chins up.

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/117586/make-micks-dreams-possible

Sad mate i know of sorts. Mark does mick live in moree ? Im sure i have come across him while i worked out there back in 08 .

Guys I really hope this is ok, but if the admins think it's not I'll understand if it has to be deleted.

A few of you on here will know that my son in law Mick ( sadly a Panthers supporter) has been battling Cancer.

It started two years ago in his bowel, then last year went to the liver and sadly now he has inoperable lung cancer and has just been given 6-9 months to live.

He has two beautiful little boys ( doing my best to convert them ) aged just 5 and 7 who will be fatherless by Xmas.

They've battled through 2 years of chemo / radiation and four major operations and never asked for a cent from anyone other than both sets of parents but now we are asking people for even a little bit to help them along the way.

With this news my other daughter has started a " make Mick's dreams possible " fund raising site, with a view to raising enough funds to send them on a family holiday before he passes away.

I know this isn't football related , but you guys are all " kinda family " and some of you will have met Mick in the MWTS days as he used to come along and help me out.

So I'm asking if you can at least click on the link , see their photos and think of your own lives and how it would be for your family if you weren't around.

We'd like to give Mick, Alice, Tom & Sam some memories as pretty soon that's all they'll have.

Thanks for reading , we as a family are broken hearted but trying to keep our chins up.

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/117586/make-micks-dreams-possible
Stay strong Mark.I know its easier said than done,believe me I know,cheers mate

Thanks everyone, every phone call, text and message makes us cry a bit but it's more from how generous people can be!!

Already done mate. Did it today when you posted on Facebook. Making a donation was easy. Knowing what to say .... not so much.
I hope he can stay strong, and that whatever time he has left, he spends it doing things which make him smile, with those who make him feel loved. If I know you and Rosemary well enough, then I know that will definitely be the case.

My father is fighting bowel cancer at present. I'm 39 with 4 kids and the thought of losing him scares the **** out if me. The fact your grandkids are facing that prospect at such a young age is truly heart-breaking. My thoughts are with all of you.

G'day Mark,Heartbreaking stuff for such a beautiful family.Wishing them all the best through such tough times.Life just don't seem fair sometimes and i hope our contributions can in some way help.
cheers mike

Already done mate. Did it today when you posted on Facebook. Making a donation was easy. Knowing what to say .... not so much.
I hope he can stay strong, and that whatever time he has left, he spends it doing things which make him smile, with those who make him feel loved. If I know you and Rosemary well enough, then I know that will definitely be the case.
Well said bones

As I sat here tonight working from home thinking how **** my week had been I read this & it smacked me back into reality... Sometimes I just don't get to see the big picture & what is really important.

Jeez I'm Sorry Mark. I hope what time is left is filled with the most that can possibly be crammed into it - full of whatever makes them happy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4