A silvertail post mortem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well c eagle, I'll join you in your happy snaps as we get pumelled into submission over and over again. You can't be serious. Even my maroon & white glasses have got dirt all over them.

I agree with c_eagle there needs to be SOME perspective. I've said this in another thread, Des said in 2004 that we were re-building. He then said in 2005 that we wouldn't win the comp, but we'd definately be in the finals. He has also said that 2006 is top 4.

That said though, I have absolutely NO optemism going forward. We have lost 11 matches from 13 starts to end the year. At least we saw a glimmer of hope in 2004 with a 6 wins from 8 starts to end the season.

Although I don't think Des Hasler should be sacked, I question (and I think this is the most important part of a coaches job) Haslers ability to get the best out of all his players - even the veterans - and I question his ability to inspire. In fact, quite the oposite. I think the players don't give a RATS about Des Hasler, or us, the fan - but most importantly - each other. Gould said at the back end of this season, we look like a team of induviduals who don't trust each other. He's a smart man.
I honestly CANNOT believe we have let Harris go, only to retain King. I CANNOT believe that Michael Monaghan is still captain & is getting paid what he is getting paid.
Unfortunately the only thing that talks in this club is money Mata - & the only way you'll be heard is by turning in your badge. I just can't do it myself personally.
Anyway mate - I HOPE Bell / Orford can change this culture we have instilled in us. They are winners. But then again, so were Kite, Kennedy, Hicks & co. before they came under our tutalidge.

c_eagle you have no idea.

If you think that the loss against cronulla, wests and Parra are acceptable than look forward to many mediocre years.

If the last 10 weeks of self destruction are Overachieved then I’ll be.........

I don't think they are acceptable but the season doesn't last 3 games. I've seen enough positive signs over the last 6 months to see that this is a club on the rise.

Unfortunately the only thing that talks in this club is money Mata - & the only way you'll be heard is by turning in your badge. I just can't do it myself personally.
Even if it were to be heard, we all know it will be ignored. Sometimes the bold and visionary is just too uncomfortable.

So, as I said, we can indulge in our intellectual wankery but the fact remains - it ain't gunna change anything - sadly.

I'd just LOVE your thread above relayed to the club. It would be the closest thing to a business plan they had in the past 8 years.

I don't think that's right Ryan.

I'm pretty sure they'd have a business plan.

You do of course have the contacts to ensure it gets relayed to the board. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4