A second, capable kicker ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loaded dog

Well used Member
Many of you have spoken about this in the recent past, in other threads. Just search in the top right corner for "kicker" and see what comes up. I'm doing this because I think it needs a thread of it's own.
We are totally reliant on Lyon. The guy gets hurt and right away our chances of getting a win go to hell in a hand-basket. We would have won on Friday had we had a second kicker. I'm not criticizing Matai or DCE as they are infinitely better goal kickers than me!

This is not a new situation. I'm mentally reviewing games since ox departed, and cant think of the team having a second kicker on the field with Lyon since then.

please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here...

you definitely are right however i think matai is still a fairly good kicker despite his horrid effort right in front against the dogs hahahah, i think hes naturally talented cos he obviously doesnt practise

Matai is not a good goal kicker. He is just as likely to kick one from the sideline as he is from in front. Cast your mind back to last season, in Melbourne, when he missed the easy kicks and got one hard one. You are right, a second option is needed.
Plus, one of my hobbyhorses - let's practice some different kick-offs! Our mindset is just to get the ball in play; no thought of regaining it, kicking it along the ground to induce a knock-on; chipping it into the vacant space where it will bounce back towards you (This happened twice on Friday night).... We are so predictable. Where are the Jack Gibson-like 'trick shots'?

I was at the Melbourne game last year, our kicking cost us the win that night as it did on Friday night. This needs to be seriously addressed.

Really, Lyon should be the back up kicker. We need a guy like Maloney who can kick them all parts all of the time. Gutherson is apparently pretty good, and he would have a been handy on Friday night.

if we happily sign widdop him and lyon can contest for it, but i hear gutherson got 6/6 in the nsw cup origin so id probably give him the honours

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6