A sad day and a moments silence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
When we moved up here 2 years ago. We bought an 85 Laser for a bash about town car, that we could use whilst the other person was away.

It cost me $650 and started first time everyy time, looked as rough as guts but worked a treat

It basically became my car and for years has served me well.

I lent it to a mate over the past few days and I knew it was dripping oil, but that drip has become a stream and now it shifts back and forth whilst in gear (an Auto) and it looks like it has died.

Not worth the money to get the poor girl fixed.....I am shattered.

Fair well Speed Racer, fair well, you were a top little car albeit a bomb

Hey I may have fixed it.

Just thought I would check the transmissions fluid....empty

Looked at the fluid line and the bolt holding the hose was loose and the transmission fluid was pissing fluid back down all over the motor and the sump.

Now I just need to buy some more fluid and speed racer may live

She lives. Reset the transmission lone. Filled her again with 4 litres of fluid. Started her up and she runs like a dream.

I'll take a photo tomorrow of my little dream machine.

Everyone who drives her gets a soft spot for her. Smells like surf wax too which is the way cars should smell.

haha no gearbox oil holy ****.

you're lucky you didn't crack the caseing. Then $600 car becomes $1200

Flip link said:
haha no gearbox oil holy s**t.

you're lucky you didn't crack the caseing. Then $600 car becomes $1200

You're telling me. I think there was a little fluid left in the torque converter and as such just enough was getting through, but basically the return hose was loose (Low pressure hose) and we were losing more than we were gaining, we essentially had a dry chamber. Only needed 3 litres to fill her back up.

But few.....I didnt want to have to go buy another car

I wouldnt even know where gearbox oil goes :)

Well the gearbox obviously but NFI how to add it.

There are two dipsticks on an automatic transmission motor.

Oil and transmission fluid. usually transmission is on your right when you are looking at the motor and oil on the left, though it depends on the make really

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4