A reputation that will eat away at the opposition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=captainskin link=topic=187143.msg328061#msg328061 date=1301287320]
... but I'm shakin' the bottle real hard :)

But are you captain of your ship and master of your domain ?
[/quote]

Looks like we're placing bets to see who can hold out the longest...

captainskin link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=187143.msg328080#msg328080 date=1301289374]
[quote author=captainskin link=topic=187143.msg328061#msg328061 date=1301287320]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. Good thing i dont look like Kramer.........or Elaine..........or George.........or even Jerry.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=captainskin link=topic=187143.msg328106#msg328106 date=1301294023]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=187143.msg328080#msg328080 date=1301289374]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL. Good thing i dont look like Kramer.........or Elaine..........or George.........or even Jerry.
[/quote]

Yes, but we all have a bit of each of them in us, however, we all think we are Jerry ;^)

Just hope we can keep it up all season.. don't want to peak to early.. seen sooo many teams do this and haven't been there at the back end of the season. But this early season form was majorly needed and will give them confidence for the rest of the year.

SwornEagle link said:
Just hope we can keep it up all season.. don't want to peak to early.. seen sooo many teams do this and haven't been there at the back end of the season. But this early season form was majorly needed and will give them confidence for the rest of the year.

What it has done is given all us fans hope. We see the team through different eyes now. We believe there is a possibility. We feel strong. We don't think we'll have the crap kicked out of us by anyone.
Other teams have now been forewarned. Other teams have seen a benchmark. Other teams, or moreover other individuals from other teams, will have certain element of doubt in the back of their heads.
My only thought is how can our team maintain this intensity all year. THe fluency of attack has a long way to go. No combinations and rhythm can begin until we have a consistent back-line in place.
But can you feel the confidence growing?
I remember when we lost a brutal arm wrestle to Melbourne a couple of years ago at Brookvale. Though we lost, Manly fans left the ground believing we had Melbourne's measure. The next time we would meet was the 08 grandfinal.
I don't feel bad if we lose great battles like that. We turned up; we put in; we enforced ourselves and did our best. We didn't get towelled and we didn't get showed up.
If the only thing that beats us is time, then that's ok by me ;^)

Last year was a tough year for us supporters. We knew there was talent in the team, but those games where we gave up good leads in the second half was very frustrating. It was a lack of mental application that caused those fade outs.

The thing that is most impressing me as a supporter so far, is the boys are playing with some heart and passion. We are going to lose games this year, no doubt, but as long as the team keep showing this determination, I will be happy, wether we win or not. 

I think your wrong on that MPC,it was a severe lack of fitness provided by scientific experts,most of these guys have the dust coverage of the top of all our wardrobes combined filling their weights room

Shane link said:
I think your wrong on that MPC,it was a severe lack of fitness provided by scientific experts,most of these guys have the dust coverage of the top of all our wardrobes combined filling their weights room

I don't belive it was lack of fitness. The game against saints at Brooky we had about 9 players backing up from the previous night's game and yet we put the saints to the sword. That night we were on a our game mentally. The games we faded we were not.

I beleive with Bretts issues behind him this year, the team has a different focus and a different attitude. Don't underestimate the power of the mind. Tiger Woods has fallen off his mantle, not because he has lost his talent, purely because he has created some much of a distraction in his personal life. No different to a football team really.

Just my thoughts.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7