A reason for our failure, but not an excuse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we keep losing because other teams keep beating us. That and our injuries and fitness levels. The unequivocal and indubitable evidence however points to the irrefutable and incontrovertible proof that at certain points during games our strategic planning and ability to accomplish our goals are non-existent.

And the refs are killing us!

:toilet: Feel free...

@:D
Are you getting paid per syllable?

Bozo bought in his protege Baz and gave him Cartwright as a backup. Game plans are not apparent so far.@:cool:

Baz is fully supported by management and their mouthpiece to boot. No whiteanting so far.@:mad:

Bozo recruited a 'dream team' 5 years ahead of schedule were the headlines we had in February. None of these are better than the players who were tapped, so far.:cool:

A brand new Training and Recovery Facility was built. Same rate of injuries so far. Snake is in fact lagging behind his previous recovery times.:confused:

Injuries are an ongoing issue, but the lack of cohesion on field is what is apparent.
So often we see the ball carrier get blinsided by his own runner over shooting him. The last tackle option is rarely executed effectivey. Basically Manly dies with the ball :banghead:

The Club trains together, so there are no excuses for the replacements not to know the Team Structures :mad:

We need a strong leader of our pack because Myles is not it :lightbulb:
Maybe Bozo's plan is to watch the man he has wanted to boof for the past two decades fail, then install one of his sons as coach.

Then we can support a fully-fledged imitation of the enormously successful Canberra Raiders. In their case it was the McIntyre and Furner families running the show into the ground. In Manly's case, the Silent P Consortium, in concert with the BoBreSco Faction.

Maybe Bozo's plan is to watch the man he has wanted to boof for the past two decades fail, then install one of his sons as coach.

Then we can support a fully-fledged imitation of the enormously successful Canberra Raiders. In their case it was the McIntyre and Furner families running the show into the ground. In Manly's case, the Silent P Consortium, in concert with the BoBreSco Faction.
Bozo is known for his blind spots :confused:

The players must take ownership of what they do on the field :!!:

Bozo bought in his protege Baz and gave him Cartwright as a backup. Game plans are not apparent so far.@:cool:

Baz is fully supported by management and their mouthpiece to boot. No whiteanting so far.@:mad:

Bozo recruited a 'dream team' 5 years ahead of schedule were the headlines we had in February. None of these are better than the players who were tapped, so far.:cool:

A brand new Training and Recovery Facility was built. Same rate of injuries so far. Snake is in fact lagging behind his previous recovery times.:confused:

Injuries are an ongoing issue, but the lack of cohesion on field is what is apparent.
So often we see the ball carrier get blinsided by his own runner over shooting him. The last tackle option is rarely executed effectivey. Basically Manly dies with the ball :banghead:

The Club trains together, so there are no excuses for the replacements not to know the Team Structures :mad:

We need a strong leader of our pack because Myles is not it :lightbulb:

Ahh o.k., I may not of explained myself fully as I did not list each and every reason why I think we may be failing.

But whatever way you look at it, we do not have the unlimited resources available to us like Bennett and Bellamy do. This is one of the very many reasons why I am so amazed at the success we had for 10 years, vs the resources some clubs have compared to ours.

At present, I really don't count Bozo as support, he is there because of a political move not a business one. So it may look like Barrett has support but to me it is not great support at all.

We may have some new training facilities, but what about our stadium and other high tech equipment etc etc?

So on top of not having the mega bucks etc. We are failing because of so many factors, some of the things which you have just mentioned @HappilyManly and many more.

Some more reasons..........!!

Our recruitment looks like it was not planned well and has purely come about because of politics with in the club. Who thought Barrett was a good idea? Seriously what has he done and what about the skills needed to be a great coach. Maybe he will surprise me, but at this stage it is not looking good.
Bozo, whose idea was this and how old is he, does he have the ability and skill to help rebuild our team as the game stands today? At this stage it is not looking good.

Obviously the team is not working well, we are a third of a way through the season and we are 12th on the ladder. We have some quality players, DCE, our two Turbo's, Killer for now, Kapow etc but it is not working. Myles, Brown and Lussick on the other hand were not great recruits, I mentioned in the pre season that I did not rate these guys and questioned why we had signed them.

Our attack and defence is also not working we are far too inconsistent, we lack focus and mongrel. We look un disciplined and disjointed, a direct result of poor coaching.
We may not be able to control a terrible draw, injuries, officiating bias, teams who have money on tap etc etc. But we need to be able to control the things we can and it appears we are just not doing this.

Also our fan engagement has been a failure so far this year. We were talked up so much and have simply not lived up to expectation. You might be able to forgive a ****ty media manager when you are at the top of the table, but when you are loosing, smart ass comments to fans don't cut it. It is actually disgusting, lacks professionalism and is just bad business.

Anyway, we have more reasons for our failings at present and I will not go on further about them. And at the moment I am not that confident we can turn things around as they stand in the short term.

We do however have some great players, some great supporters, a great history and a great Mighty Manly spirit that will not fail ever. And I am confident that we will rise again, not sure when, but we will because that is the Manly way.......!

So far in 2016 Manly have had a grand total of 5 players play each game so far - Brown, Killer, Myles, Vave and Walker.

We have had 3 players play 9 games -Taupau and the Turbo's.

We have had 4 play 8 games - BJ, Darcy, Parcell & Skivy.

We have had 2 play 7 games - DCE and Jorge.

4 players have played 6 games - Api, Starling, Snake and T-Red.

2 have played 5 games - Leary and Wiliame.

It kinda falls away after that

DCE needs a decent half like norman. Walker is useless. Rookie hooker, rookie 5/8, rookie coach who is clueless. Snake terribly out of form and offering nothing in attack. lyon on last legs. constant injuries. fowards are soft.

Only way I see this getting better is in 2017. Sign a decent 5/8. Move walker to center. Buy some decent young forwards. Parcell will be better with a full nrl year under his belt. Snake gets over his hamstring or Tom moves to full back. Barrett actually starts to coach the side and get them playing as a team unit

Brisbane killed us last week with three guns out. A player at Manly gets a sniffle and its all over.

Agree 100% with stats regarding injuries as number 1....& not overly big on stats as most tbh...
but still feel a lack of energy at present in the players who do take the field, I have seen many worse Manly teams on paper - play with far more enthusiasm....maybe its a host of things led by injury & not understanding each others roles & new team structures, or Trent needs to borrow Brown from Newcastle for a face slapping session....
I'd like to see the stats for injuries on teams with many 5 day turnarounds compared to the Friday night clubs...

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
They took the Manly out of Manly, that simple really. How many premierships have Nate Myles, Lewis Brown or Martin Taupau won? They do not come from winning cultures yet they were suppose to be leaders. How about Trent Barrett? Where did he earn his stripes? Or that defensive messiah Seilbold? Or Dan Ferris? Just pathetic. Fulton and Peters stuffed the system up badly. If they do not make the finals, they should all go. They spent a load of money, more than Hasler or Toovey were ever afforded, yet they look disinterested and weak. Unacceptable.

6 of our 10 games have been against the top 8 teams.

Saturday will be our 7th out of 11 games against a top 8 team.
Look at the Manly roster and who they bought. According to that fat disgusting piece of crap zorba peters, Toovey was suppose to make finals with the squad he had last year. By that standard, the current side is top 4 quality and should have beaten nearly all the top sides they have faced. Barrett said that if they were 4&4, he would be content. That is a ****ing loser mentality and Un-Manly like. That is a large contributing reason as to why we are ****ed, along with the over hyping of kids like the Trbojevics.

Bellamy had about 200 yrs as assistant at brisbane and was well and truly ready, and has implemented a professional and simple system where the interchageable parts (ie players) know the job inside out.

Barrett is like a work experience kid in comparison.

Oh and melbourne cheated too :)

Say what you you want about Bellamy. The guy is a brilliant man manager and how he can make average players above average amazes me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7