1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a quote by paul gallen

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by castle eagle, Apr 27, 2014.

1. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    "I had bigger offers to join Manly, on better money, at the end of 2007 and 2010. They won the comp in 2008 and 2011. I won’t say it is something I don’t think about but I am very happy where I am at the moment."

i hope they made him an offer last year!

Quote from:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sunday-session-living-with-hate-and-how-paul-gallen-almost-joined-the-sea-eagles/story-fni3fbgz-1226896787970

2. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    ET, didn't name any clubs but said something very similar once.

3. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    We definitely tried to get him to replace BK, along with every other half decent backrower in the comp. Meyer went after then all! Then when we didn't land any of them, he tried to ride the coattails of those who shall not be named by claiming he put the premiership winning teams together.

4. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    A funny thing, on Sunday Footy show, Gallen said he'd welcome Marshall to Cronulla for the right reasons, to win games & not just move to Sydney to be on the Footy Show, haha!

5. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    No matter how good some footballers are, I prefer them to be in other teams so my hatred can remain unfettered.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I like Gal's quote today ' If Benji wants to play footy he is welcome, but if he just wants to be on the Footy Show, then no' :cool:

7. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    We've done alright without him ( Gallen ).

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Gallen is overrated anyway. He's good for a couple of dropped balls everygame.

9. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    "Steroids are yum"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    If he had signed in 2010 I dare say we would have gone close to a 3peat. Love him or hate him, he is the sort of player that delivers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I do remember in 2010 we went hard for him. The main reason I wasn't too keen is that I thought he would cost too much.

12. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    While Gallen is obviously a quality player, I'm not disappointed he stayed at Cronulla.

I like the fact that we don't plunder the established ranks of other clubs. Other teams do that. And we are the benchmark for success over the past 10 years. The Scum had to cheat to get anything like the success we have experienced since the dim dark days of the NE.

Killer is the only player that played today who was an established and class first grader when he joined Manly.

Every other player made their first grade debut at Manly or was discarded by their original club as not being up to the mark (Horo, BJ and Starling).

And this on a day when yet another Manly debutante in Hiku becomes an international.

So Gall.......thanks but no thanks. We'll just stick to the way we've done it in the past. You can stay at the Sharks.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    Grant "Mayer" was only a front.
    After 2011, Graham Lowe and every other person at our club opened up in the papers. We now know there was only one person that makes or breaks any decision back then. It was the Führer, H**ler.

14. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    And Gallen just misses too much footy for mine.
    He's always cherry-ripe for rep games, or the big club games such as semi's...last few years he's in a sling or moon-boot on the sidelines just as often.

Talks a good game though...

15. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    You can not quote Lyon and forget about players like bell, orford and perry. All that said this is not how we operate these days

16. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    Well .............. who looks like the smart one now ???

instead of winning premierships , their trying to stay in Sydney..

" you snooze , you loose !!! "

and we win ....

lol

• Like Like x 1