1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A public apology

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by simon64, Jul 21, 2012.

1. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    After last night's game I would like to issue a public apology to all the fans who were on the hill last night on about the 30m line at the scoreboard end.

I couldn't help but absolutely give it to the dogs and the refs at every opportunity and in hindsight, my language may have been a bit colourful on the odd occasion (an perhaps some of the even ones too).

Unfortunately, for the first time in my 40 years watching this game, I actually despise a team.....vehemently.

So to all of you who were in the vicinity, whose wives, girlfriends and children I offended, MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES. I will have to stay away next time me play the Dogs as I'm clearly unable to control my emotions.

Again, my most sincere apologies to anyone who felt their evening was destroyed by that baboon on the hill. In the light of day, I can see that I let my emotions get the better of me.

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
  3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    Hahahahahahaha.
    Move up about 10m towards the beer shed. I need some back-up.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    I know that banter is part of the whole footy fan thing, particularly jeering refs and opposition teams. Booing is just as much fun as cheering, for me.
    However I am curious about a minority of posters who have expressed very strong feelings here lately, such as Simon's comment.
    Do people seriously hate the players? Seriously?

5. Duff

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    I hate the supporters of any team but manly.
    I resent the fact that they want my team to lose.
    You're either with us or against us.
    Hangin's too good for 'em.

6. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Much too good. Should be hung, drawn and quartered but not necessarily in that order.

7. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    guys you have no idea how much i despise the dogs & 90% of their supporters.
    ( my wife is one and truly ive avoided her for about 3 days coming to the game , not her fault but thats how much i hate them. ) always have and this year even worse 100 fold over because of haslers actions & greenturd...

if the comment above about hating players are of other teams , for me yes/no but Barba top on the list after that arsey kick which forced wolfman take it over the sideline i dont know if anyone noticed but that little arsey nugget started giving it the wolfman. ( yes i know sledging happens all the time but when it happens to us , different story )

ive mentioned this before i know plenty here hate the storm but i personally respect them , but the dogs i hate with so much passion , i hope i live never to see them win the premiership ever... i hate them .

8. simon64

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    Nope. One light at the club before the game.

And Duff...I may have to take up your offer because I don't think I will be controlling myself at a Dogs game anytime soon. They're worse than the Scum.

9. Duff

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    Please join me. It's not just the dogs, i have a vitriolic diatribe for every team.

People look at me like a loony because i'm on my own but my dream is to one day be standing in the midst of thousands of manly fans spewing forth hate speech that would make hitler blush. It would be a beautiful thing. An act of social puppetry. Art using the populous as my canvas. This would be my legacy to the world.

10. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122

Dan can we set this up as a multiple choice poll? :exclamation: :D

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    That's none of your business.
    Simon has shown a great deal of guts and decency admiting and apoligising for going over the top. Why should he have to answer to you.

12. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    He doesn't have to answer. I asked a question, he chose to answer.
    You asked me a question, I chose to answer.
    Not too complex for you I hope?

13. Eagles Terrorist

Eagles Terrorist Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Geez you lot, it's one game. One loss. There's plenty more of those ahead. At least we lost to a good team. How bad is it losing to Parra and Titans. That's what's hurting our season.

Dogs beat us fair and square. Suck it up and set an example

14. simon64

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    Thanks Cameron. And I don't mind answering the question. (I didn't see the relevance though to be honest...If you can't handle your drink..you should steer clear imo)

As I said, it was just that there were women and children there and I was just consumed by the game. I tend to be a little passionate at times.

15. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,468 / 80
    Oh well, put a dollar in the swear jar and move on. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. simon64

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    $1 ?....it was more like "Scarface" if you've ever seen that movie Jerry.

Might have to take out a loan.

17. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    As soon as you use Hitler in that context you lose me

18. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Whys that mate?

19. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Can't see a Hitler reference......maybe he wants to
    commit genocide on passionate fans?

I missed it completely

20. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Footy's about passion and people do lose it some times.