A player signing that would stop you supporting manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
A Guy I know is refusing to support the Roosters this year , due to Money Bill Williams signing with them
Is there a player that if Manly signed would stop you supporting them ??? I honestly don't think I could do it
But Smith or Slater from the storm would push my limits .....

None. I would like my most hated player the instant he signed with Manly. Hated Hopoate when he was at the Tigers but liked him when he came back to Manly. The closest that would come to happening for me would be if Des Hasler returned. But i would never stop supporting them happen unless they merged again. I never went to a game for three years when they were the NE.

I'd struggle to support Hayne or slater in a manly jumper. But then again I managed to get through the ridge years.

Michael Hancock though, that would have been a whole different story.

Thankfully we have a very solid no d!ckhead policy, so this is purely hypothetical.

MWSE said:
Justin Hodges.

Would you really stop supporting Manly for that?

bones said:
None. I would like my most hated player the instant he signed with Manly. Hated Hopoate when he was at the Tigers but liked him when he came back to Manly. The closest that would come to happening for me would be if Des Hasler returned.

Well said, have to agree.

Mundine. I can't say that though, it'd be racist of me.
But no, i would still support Manly no matter, i'd just join in with others giving him stick. What do most/all of us say, and have been a lot lately? The club is bigger than any one person

Terry Lamb would be a test for me but I must say my love for Manly far outweighs my hatred of any individual player.

I would'nt have wanted to see

Julian O'Neill
Willie Mason
Justin Hodges
Tommy Raudonikis
Adam MacDougall
Terry Lamb
Anthony Mundine
Michael Ennis

play for Manly but I'd still support the club.

For me its not just the players I support, but the maroon jumper they put on each week. So even if the likes of c smith joined I would still support manly. (However I would blame him everytime we lost. Lol)

I might be wrong here but wasn't the signing of Ben Kennedy a bit like this? I know as a young tucker I couldn't understand why we would sign a loser from Newcastle but he turned out alright :)

Eagles2nv said:
For me its not just the players I support, but the maroon jumper they put on each week. So even if the likes of c smith joined I would still support manly. (However I would blame him everytime we lost. Lol)

Yep. Support the jersey and the club. Those on the field are paid representatives whom are there to do a job for us.
If they happen to be locals or big personalities, that is a bonus but at the end of the day, they'll all move on or retire before we stop supporting the club. So why let it affect you?
Having said that, I can't stand Hodges or Inglis, of the current crop. If we signed Ben Creagh I'd be pretty upset with the recruitment team.

I'd never stop supporting Manly but I wouldn't be happy if we signed Brent Tate...something about that bloke that really pisses me off.

If the merger with norths re: northern eagles didn't stop anyone supporting manly, i'm sure any player that joins manly would also apply surely.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7