A new 5/8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I notice in todays paper we are chasing Chris Bailey from Newcastle and we are still being linked to Trent Barrett.

Maybe we let Topou go for a reason?

I would take Soward if he is on the market.

His kicking game would be perfect for us particularly with players like Snake, lyon and the speed of Bani.

We'd be stupid to chase Barrett.  Why have a half who gets blinded by the white line and then get a 5/8th who suffers from the same affliction.  Soward can't defend so why bother about him?  Do we really need another Witt?  Bailey might be OK.  Look within our own ranks and develop.  That's what a 'coach' is for.   

Chris Bailey?
Jezuz.
Christine Bailey more like it !

We are scraping the bottom of the barrel guys.

Mayer has said clearly no to Barrett as well.

Soward can defend!

I have seen him come up with several try saving tackles. I rate the kid, if there is all this love for Matai and his brain explosions because he does some good. Soward will add the same

Ben Rogers would be a great acquistion.
Plus, he's probably a tad unhappy at the bunnies.

I would very much like the club to sign up both Foran brothers with a view to the future.  THEN if need be find a stop-gap for 5/8 in the meantime.

If we are going to look to the future then this might be the way to go?

Seem to recall we gave Bailey the once over some time back when drugcastle were in major smith upheaval stage. Nothing happened.

Even if we swing the Foran brothers union what about the fact we are at the top of the momentum tilt at the premiership. Who is concerned that if we dont find a quality pivot with a big boot we might miss our window ? Considering we have every worthy existing player stitched up its the last missing jiggsaw piece, isnt it.

Ryan, Ben Rogers is not the sort of player we need.  Like a lot of Souths players there's no consistency in his play, his defense is suss plus he goes quiet during the game, somewhat like Sutton.  He looks good only because everyone else at Souths looks like crap (also again like Sutton).  We would be hampered with a guy whose line defense is reasonable but his attacking thoughts are weak. Sound familiar? (Souths attacking options are pathetic).  It seems like we just might have to bite the bullet and develop one of our own and stop looking for the quick fix elsewhere.   

DVS Matt link said:
is it just me that thinks Bailey is an average first grade footballer?

He had 1 half decent first grade game and people start singing his praises. How about the fact that in reality he is behind Mullen, Walsh, Dureu & Kawana at Newcastle.

Been mentioned alsewhere that RLW suggests the Cowboys might release Justin Smith (utility 5/8..2Row) to us due to the celery cap.

Aged but can kick and direct traffic. I wonder would he get in the way of Ox or compliment him.

Nothing wrong with Chris Bailey.

You'll see in a different thread I suggested making a play for him (along with a couple of other good young 5/8th's)

He has all the skills you need in a 5/8th we will be able to fine tune them. Duerau, Mullen and Walsh are the favourite sons at Newcastle. I'd be happy to see Chris Bailey come over.

If you were happy with Travis Burns at Manly then you'll be twice as happy to have Chris Bailey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6