1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A master stroke?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Mar 14, 2007.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Although having Choc on the bench is more to do with his injured groin than anything else. Could playing him there for the rest of the season be a master stroke by Des.

We are all well aware that Choc is prone to the odd mistake when he gets tired - anyone remember his pass against the knights in the semi?

By playing him off the bench & limiting his game time to say 65 minutes this might reduce his mistake rate plus he will give us real impact off the bench with his strong running & heavy hitting. Something both Willo & Glen Stewart cannot provide.

Good move by Des or just another smoke screen to cover an injury? Thoughts?

2. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I dunno, I see your point, but I don't think our backrow is good enough for him to not start really.....

3. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Must be the injury. I just can't see "Des" and "master stroke" in the same sentence.

4. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I think we need choc on the ground for 80 minutes.. it's up to him to get the errors out of his game

5. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 37
    If Choc's fit this week i have no doubt that he will start

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    SDS said it all

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Choc has always started and I doubt that he would be happy comming off the bench.

He is injured and will more than likely drop out of the side leaving hall to take his place. Pity we have Glen and not Barry.