A good (but little bit sad) piece on Starlo and Bleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a sad reality, more so because they were our players. A lot of ppl on here didn't think much of those two and that's their opinion but Starlo was great for us when we had a struggling forward pack and Leary never got a proper run to show what Toovey saw in him to get him to the club.

I hope they both find a club for a second chance at the NRL.

It's a sad reality, more so because they were our players. A lot of ppl on here didn't think much of those two and that's their opinion but Starlo was great for us when we had a struggling forward pack and Leary never got a proper run to show what Toovey saw in him to get him to the club.

I hope they both find a club for a second chance at the NRL.
If they were as good as some say why is it that no club is in a rush to sign them ?

both add depth to clubs something we needed this year and at this stage we will need Starlo some time next year - we have enough backrowers with Lane and Frankenstein as well as Hoppa and possibly more of Bainbridge on top of Jake, Buhrer and Brown.

Only the start of September, still time once teams start thinking about next yr. put it this way if i had a choice between Myles and Starlo i take starlo every day of the week... No BS about QLD SOO prop etc, wouldn't have cost as much either
All teams think ahead and all good players have had offers .
We will agree to disagree

Star was good for us, he was one of the props that took us to the 2013 GF and almost had us winning the 2014 minor premiership. He kinda got pushed down the pecking order this and last year with the arrival of Jake as a top class player plus Kapow and Myles joining the club, plus the re-emergence (so to speak) of Vave.

For mine his biggest problem was that he started a bad habit of giving away too many silly penalties this year.

Would I have him in the squad over Myles? Yes because they do about the same on the field, he costs less and is likely to be around long after Nate retires. On the other hand though, Myles' has miles more experience. Star can't claim to be a long term Origin and test player.

Leary was a goer.....until Mason jumped on his back. After that he has gone downhill a bit.

Star was good for us, he was one of the props that took us to the 2013 GF and almost had us winning the 2014 minor premiership. He kinda got pushed down the pecking order this and last year with the arrival of Jake as a top class player plus Kapow and Myles joining the club, plus the re-emergence (so to speak) of Vave.

For mine his biggest problem was that he started a bad habit of giving away too many silly penalties this year.

Would I have him in the squad over Myles? Yes because they do about the same on the field, he costs less and is likely to be around long after Nate retires. On the other hand though, Myles' has miles more experience. Star can't claim to be a long term Origin and test player.

Leary was a goer.....until Mason jumped on his back. After that he has gone downhill a bit.

Definitely not trying to nitpick but Starling only joined us in 2014 on a 3 year deal. It was mainly Lawrence and Kite in 2013. Definitely agree with you in regards to Starling being a good reason for our 2014 form. Unfortunately for one reason or another he just never fully kicked on the following 2 seasons.

Anyone can feel free to correct me on facts or grammar. Besides I thought that is normal at times on this site. Part of the reason I enjoy it. Friendly banter is all good !

Definitely not trying to nitpick but Starling only joined us in 2014 on a 3 year deal. It was mainly Lawrence and Kite in 2013. Definitely agree with you in regards to Starling being a good reason for our 2014 form. Unfortunately for one reason or another he just never fully kicked on the following 2 seasons.

Anyone can feel free to correct me on facts or grammar. Besides I thought that is normal at times on this site. Part of the reason I enjoy it. Friendly banter is all good !
And Starling joined us from the Bunnies so if anyone is saying they need a second chance, he needs a third.

As Marcellus Wallace once said:

"You came close, but you never made it, and if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now."

I'll accept my mistake. Once in a life time is ok ;)

Yep both those doods were goers but average. What we really need are a few brutal and basic cheap metre eater forwards. Lets face it this year Lussick led the way for us. Prior to him being injected into the team we had no one showing the way cept Jakey. (As usual) Sad given Kapow and Myles were there but don't get me started. We need blokes to lift the crowd at Brooky with fearless charges at the line - some inspiration ffs. We lacked that a little this year - oh hang on Vave provided that but we've offloaded him to Parra...

Starlo and Leary are both great guys but great guys and great players that will give us the edge on becoming a force again are two different things . We are the Manly Sea eagles we are not the Smith family

Overall starlo had a great stint at manly, very solid. Unfortunately his last couple of months were underwhelming, probably been pushed out by then , but its what people seem to remember

The silvertails critics have been quite scathing once it became ohvious we would be on holidays in september and he probably wore a little frustration on top of his form drop. Gotta blame

He was never an impact man, but as manlys starts were poor he got pushed to the bench. Kind of had a bit of Steve price, darren britt about him.

Leary was a goer who had very few minutes, unlike starlo his last 20 minutes in manly colours were probably his best but his overall game was not what manly needed at the time. Maybe in another era he would have left a better impression but most likely will be remembered for the chip kick that apparently lost us a game , because if he had passed it we would have won for sure. Sarcasm

Yep both those doods were goers but average. What we really need are a few brutal and basic cheap metre eater forwards. Lets face it this year Lussick led the way for us. Prior to him being injected into the team we had no one showing the way cept Jakey. (As usual) Sad given Kapow and Myles were there but don't get me started. We need blokes to lift the crowd at Brooky with fearless charges at the line - some inspiration ffs. We lacked that a little this year - oh hang on Vave provided that but we've offloaded him to Parra...

Wouldn't say we off loaded Vave, more like Parra were prepared to pay more money - funny that, their recent history suggests they do that more than they should.
Parra will be his fifth move in 7 seasons - he had two stints at the Sharks -without ever setting the world on fire.
Yes, this was his best year to date and I'd say we'd have preferred to keep him but he's gone for more $$ I'd imagine.

Geez depressing reading seeing off contract forwards for next year.. Nothing much there. I only like Hannant and Moa and they've both gotta be 30+ years old. Ahh well, humility wont hurt any of us Manly fans while we struggle a bit. We've had it good for a long time.

really we are not that badly off for forwards .... but damn a fast wing that can catch a high ball or at least compete for it would be awesome ... especially if he could kick goals ... damn the donkeys Mead would have been great

The think about Starling that I like is that he is obviously not overly talented but he has worked his backside off to make it in FG. However, every time he comes on the paddock we seem to lose momentum and if we are serious about winning a premiership we need to have a bench that can sustain the impact.

Leary is rubbish.

Both these guys are good team players.They were both solid under Geoff Toovey, just ran into a disgrace of an excuse for a coach in Trent Barrett. 'Super Coach' Barrett consistently played a solid toiler in Josh Starling off the bench. Starling is a work ethic player, certainly not dynamic. He then plays a solid all-rounder in Blake Leary out of position, in a totally foreign utility role, and on low minutes. Barrett started off looking for excuses, he is now ruining careers. Tom Synonds was a good and consistent player for us. According to Barrett, park level footballers such as Williame, Godinet and 7's rugby reject Winterstein are of higher value. Trent Barrett and the Manly management are brainless, lost and complete tools. Fellow Sea Eagles, give me your strength, I am sadly starting to hate my club.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2