A glowing tribute to our Recruitment team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I never said they were not highs and lows in the season, its just the highs arnt as high as you make them out to be and the lows arnt as low either.

and I do not always have a positive spin things, far from it. im just not constantly complaining about things that Manly currently have no solution for. when someone comes to me at work with a problem I hope they have thought of a possible solution before addressing me with it. what you have been saying is Des should drop King and Willow as they are no good but you have no solution to the problem. You blame it on Des being to close to his players however I am sure if we have a little OMeley running around he would be given a shot.

Who says the high's and lows aren't as bad as what I make them out to be? You? They may be to me Garts. Who says what what you think is the benchmark of how someone should be feeling throughout the season.

Screw that. I'm allowed to voice an opinion, and ride the ebs and flows the way I want, without your influence.

As for me coming not coming up with solutions, I again refer you to Ballin, Rose & Cuthbo as DETAILED above.

How can Dessie be too close to his players, having gone from a colleague to a boss?

He played his last game with Manly in 1996, so apart from Beaver, who else in the current squad has he ever been a colleague of?

Gronk. Dessie was their water runner etc, doing Peter Sharps bidding.

that's why we take some of your comments with a grain of salt Ryan, because your comments just depend on \"your as good as your last game\" attitide.

Just because they may have 2 losses in a row, doesn't mean your positive thoughts a month before that are out the window. Your right about ebs and flows, but some boring people just don't see the point in rapping Dessy one month and bagging him the next through unfounded allegations (too close to his players?? hehehehe). Des has helped the club to be back to top 8 material from fighting for the spoon and fair to say, anything but top 8 or even top 6 for the next 2 years would be a step backwards.

until then Des has my support. No point beating myself around the head with your theories really, is there?

The only concern is BK has left, but atleast it gives a chance for someone in PL to stand up...which is what many people here want to see.

I hope this post doesn't come across as some attack on you....

I don't have an issue with Des being our coach. What I question, is some of his theories around team selection.

2006 was the 1st year Des commited to things that didn't happen either.

People forget, we had a team with Bell, Orford, Kite, Kennedy, Menzies in it. If that's not a nucleus to be able to win at least ONE final, win at least 4 games in a row, make the top 4 etc etc...

[quote author=Garts]
I never said they were not highs and lows in the season, its just the highs arnt as high as you make them out to be and the lows arnt as low either.

and I do not always have a positive spin things, far from it. im just not constantly complaining about things that Manly currently have no solution for. when someone comes to me at work with a problem I hope they have thought of a possible solution before addressing me with it. what you have been saying is Des should drop King and Willow as they are no good but you have no solution to the problem. You blame it on Des being to close to his players however I am sure if we have a little OMeley running around he would be given a shot.

Who says the high's and lows aren't as bad as what I make them out to be? You? They may be to me Garts. Who says what what you think is the benchmark of how someone should be feeling throughout the season.

Screw that. I'm allowed to voice an opinion, and ride the ebs and flows the way I want, without your influence.

As for me coming not coming up with solutions, I again refer you to Ballin, Rose & Cuthbo as DETAILED above.
[/quote]

you are allowed to ride the ebs and flows for the season, I have no problem with it but dont expect me to sit back and agree with all your posts. I just dont understand how we can go from potential spooners one week to potential premiers the next, I guess im not that short sighted.

Was your Cuthbo solution to have him play on the wing :clap: ;)

To me Dessie's biggest failing is his lack of blooding of some of the younger players from PL this year. It seems to me that he and the club just assumed that they would be sucessful in recruiting one of the 3 forwards that they chased as BK's replacement.

Now that they failed it is being said that Wells will be a possible replacement. That is fine except he has not played any time in first grade.

Dessie also had the opportunity to give Cuthbo another chance later in the season and didn't do it. Ballin didn't get a run in firsts yet we will expect these 3 to come into firsts sometime this year and play like BK did.

These younger PL players will be expected to step up next year. A big ask and they would have been so much better if they had played a game of two off the bench this year.

Also Dunley and Willo are not up to first grade standard and we simply won't win a premiership with either of these 2 in the team.

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Garts]
Ryan I do want success, dont worry I get very pissed off when we lose. I was not happy with finishing 5th this season but being realistic I knew thats all we could probably achieve with our roster.

However coming on here and carrying on like a little kid in a adult way will not achieve anything.

as for this comment by you \"You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?\" :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh coming from you. You will be down in the dumps one week saying we are missing the 8 and bound for the spoon then we win the next week and you are saying we are a shot for the title :lol:

Haven't you got any new material? Why re-hash crap that was said years ago?

Funnily enough, I enjoy the debate of the whole scenario when people can actually debate the topic - rather than degenrating things into a schoolyard argument (that's not directed at you).

I don't know if I am missing something here. By doesn't a season of football have ebs and flows? Would it then not make sense to be happy about the teams situations @ one point, then dissapointed, and concerned that we would not make the 8 the next? We aren't robots, and to say there aren't high's and lows in a season is just stupid Garts. If everyone remained the same in tone and context all the time, they would be a very boring person.

I have NIL shame in saying I get pumped when the team perform, and get in the dumps when the team DON'T perform. If you have no emotional standard linked to Manly, then I don't know why anyone would support a team at all.

Riding the high's and lows is all it is about. People who can't critique a team, and only have a positive spin on everything, will only lead to complacency around the place.

Anyways - I stand by my original statement. In my opinion, Des Hasler is too close to his players (which stems in ANY business when a colleague all of a sudden becomes a boss), and I believe it has lead to his selecting players that didn't earn selection, when players I have listed above were waiting in the wings to step up.

You know, being promoted into 1st grade due to a Premier League players good form, would be a LOT different to a Premier League player being promoted due to forced injury to a regular 1st grader. I know which one I would be more proud of, and which one would give ME confidence to succeed.
[/quote]

You're a clown.

[/quote]

What ABSOLUTE VALUE you have deposited into tis debate !! Goose.
[/quote]

About as much as you have.

I'm still trying to figure out your argument. Is it just that King is sh*t? Well no sh*t sherlock. Is it against Des because he keeps picking King ahead of stars like Phil Moorwood and Jim Curtis? Or is it against the Manly club for not having enough depth?

Btw, your statement that at other clubs Moorwood and co. would be in the side over King is up there with your more ridiculous calls.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Garts]
Ryan I do want success, dont worry I get very pissed off when we lose. I was not happy with finishing 5th this season but being realistic I knew thats all we could probably achieve with our roster.

However coming on here and carrying on like a little kid in a adult way will not achieve anything.

as for this comment by you \"You are so used to losing that any glimpse of success makes you squeel with glee?\" :lol: :lol: thanks for the laugh coming from you. You will be down in the dumps one week saying we are missing the 8 and bound for the spoon then we win the next week and you are saying we are a shot for the title :lol:

Haven't you got any new material? Why re-hash crap that was said years ago?

Funnily enough, I enjoy the debate of the whole scenario when people can actually debate the topic - rather than degenrating things into a schoolyard argument (that's not directed at you).

I don't know if I am missing something here. By doesn't a season of football have ebs and flows? Would it then not make sense to be happy about the teams situations @ one point, then dissapointed, and concerned that we would not make the 8 the next? We aren't robots, and to say there aren't high's and lows in a season is just stupid Garts. If everyone remained the same in tone and context all the time, they would be a very boring person.

I have NIL shame in saying I get pumped when the team perform, and get in the dumps when the team DON'T perform. If you have no emotional standard linked to Manly, then I don't know why anyone would support a team at all.

Riding the high's and lows is all it is about. People who can't critique a team, and only have a positive spin on everything, will only lead to complacency around the place.

Anyways - I stand by my original statement. In my opinion, Des Hasler is too close to his players (which stems in ANY business when a colleague all of a sudden becomes a boss), and I believe it has lead to his selecting players that didn't earn selection, when players I have listed above were waiting in the wings to step up.

You know, being promoted into 1st grade due to a Premier League players good form, would be a LOT different to a Premier League player being promoted due to forced injury to a regular 1st grader. I know which one I would be more proud of, and which one would give ME confidence to succeed.
[/quote]

You're a clown.

[/quote]

What ABSOLUTE VALUE you have deposited into tis debate !! Goose.
[/quote]

About as much as you have.

I'm still trying to figure out your argument. Is it just that King is sh*t? Well no sh*t sherlock. Is it against Des because he keeps picking King ahead of stars like Phil Moorwood and Jim Curtis? Or is it against the Manly club for not having enough depth?

Btw, your statement that at other clubs Moorwood and co. would be in the side over King is up there with your more ridiculous calls.

[/quote]

Well say that in the 1st place instead of shooting your mouth. If there were a speed limit for flapping gums - you would have had your license revoked !!! Dead set - Kermit the Frog has been unleashed upon society !!

The point, and I'll say for the 3rd time, is that King woulf have been dropped months, maybe even years ago at other clubs, and players like Moorwood for example may have had an opportunity to develop (whether that would have proven fruitful or not is irrellevant.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dessie also had the opportunity to give Cuthbo another chance later in the season and didn't do it. Ballin didn't get a run in firsts yet we will expect these 3 to come into firsts sometime this year and play like BK did.

Kingyfan....if you or others are expecting Cuthbo, ballin or whoever else to come in and play like BK did...I'm sorry.......

Ridiculous expectations, ridiculous comment.

How can Dessie be too close to his players, having gone from a colleague to a boss?

He played his last game with Manly in 1996, so apart from Beaver, who else in the current squad has he ever been a colleague of?

Was Dunley in our lower grades then? Cause I swear I have a Manly signature ball from around that time with Dunley's signature on it.

Garts - C'mon mate. Is this a gee up?

I'm say-ing, that Jason King would probably in my opinion not be playing 1st grade at other clubs, when he consistently gets picked for us. Take Moorwood out of the situation. Take Curtis out of the situation. But I'd suggest that at those other clubs, IF King was dropped, WHOMEVER replaced him (say Santa for example) may have had time now to develop.

that's why we take some of your comments with a grain of salt Ryan, because your comments just depend on \"your as good as your last game\" attitide.

Just because they may have 2 losses in a row, doesn't mean your positive thoughts a month before that are out the window. Your right about ebs and flows, but some boring people just don't see the point in rapping Dessy one month and bagging him the next through unfounded allegations (too close to his players?? hehehehe). Des has helped the club to be back to top 8 material from fighting for the spoon and fair to say, anything but top 8 or even top 6 for the next 2 years would be a step backwards.

until then Des has my support. No point beating myself around the head with your theories really, is there?

The only concern is BK has left, but atleast it gives a chance for someone in PL to stand up...which is what many people here want to see.

I hope this post doesn't come across as some attack on you....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Some said it would never happen. But here it is folks.............I fully agree with what Barks has had to say. Despite the wishy washy last sentence this is a valuable contribution !
8)

I am sure that Norths wish they had supporters like this so they could be good too!!!

I would endorse a Charitable Foundation raising funds for the Saving Ryans Bears campaign. I fully support any initiative to have Ryan support North Sydney & for that to be a full time occupation.

Ryan - I detect a certain direction in this thread. Even diametically opposed posters have been coereced together.

:yeah: Thanks for doing your bit in promoting unity amongst Manly supporters. Oops, that's right - one of us disagrees with all the others ....... :lol2: :lol2:

I'm say-ing, that Jason King would probably in my opinion not be playing 1st grade at other clubs, when he consistently gets picked for us. Take Moorwood out of the situation. Take Curtis out of the situation. But I'd suggest that at those other clubs, IF King was dropped, WHOMEVER replaced him (say Santa for example) may have had time now to develop.

But the facts are he's not at another club and we have no-one to step up and you are blaming Dessie because he is too close to the players.
Who would you have promoted?

I actually think that in any OTHER team, Glen Hall, Phil Moorwood, Mark Bryant, George Rose etc. would actually start in front of Jason King. Des Hasler unfortunately in my opinion is too close to the players, and it dampens his ability to make crucial team decisions.

Really? Moorwood and co. are better than Jason King.

Oh no, not Moorwood, other players at other clubs. Other clubs with more depth than us.

Make up your mind ffs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6